Sign in to follow this  
omgwtfbbq (DayZ)

How populated is Green Mountain?

Nevermind...

Its 4am for me and I haven't slept :P. If you were making a penis joke, I am sorry I missed it.

Mother of god,don't ever go the green mountain. Many of those place are creepy and that place are where the massacre happen ,just look at the amount of mass grave there.

*facepalm* nevermind. from this i assume that there is usually nobody there.

My old friend CandleJack went there shame I never

I went once, was empty, not much loot either.

Great thread ;)

Anyways, Green Mountain has 2 vehicle spawns and 3 deer stands. It is located smack in the midle of Pogorevka/Rogovo, Zelenogorsk and Pustoshka. So yes, it is a relatively interesting and frequented place, so keep a good overwatch when going there. Had a fair share of combat on and around the mountain.

Me and my friend went there once. Not much loot. I logged there and when I logged back in some guy was at the gates. Told him to piss off. He tried to lure me out by dropping an FN FAL at the gate for me to get. I dont think he knew that I knew that he had a DMR and would snipe me when I held still to pick it up. Killed that son 'bitch.

Told a friend to meet me there yesterday, around 1,5 minutes after he got there i heard some wierd static over skype, he hasn't logged on or returned any of my texts/calls since. I didn't dare look for him and went to stary insted.

If u do go... could you please look for him? tellme i'm looking for him? he was wearing a cap, that's how you'll recognise him.

• Like 1

Rule 1: You do not talk about Green Mountain.

Rule 2: You DO NOT talk about Green Mountain.

Green mountain has a very large tower that is a useful landmark, and even a few non-enterable buildings, and a ladder to one floor of the tower however there is a section of the tower that isn't enterable.

This thread... it's contaminated! I opened page four and it took me to page two. Don't go there man.

• Like 1

Silence....

I thought I knew what silence was. The truth of the matter is even in the wilds of chernarus, it's never silent. Even if you're far from the death-rattled of the walking dead, or thesound of gunfire from the towns, you're never truly immersed in silence. The sound of the wildlife, of twigs cracking underfoot as I moved slowly through the woodland with a friend. All these sounds are with you constantly. You don't notice them until they're gone.

Real silence is oppressive, all-consuming, terrifying. I hadn't experienced it before.

I used to travel with a friend. He was a good man, good company. We had heard about a military outpost at Green Mountain. We had been running out of ammunition, and since hunting was our primary method of keeping ourselves well fed, we journeyed westwards towards the place. It's impossible to miss, the giant radio tower rising vertically into the clouds from it's prominant position on top of the mountain. We expected someone had already scouted the place out and looted it clean, but we had to check. It beat the alternatives of venturing into one of the towns. people, we came to realise, were death. Best to avoid them as much as possible.

The journey didn't take long, a few miles by foot to the base of the mountain. Quiet and uneventful... But it struck me there was something odd about this lonely tower. As we aproached I could hardly keep my eyes off it. It seemed cold, stark, bleak, but it had a certain draw to me.

"That thing gives me the creeps." I said to my friend, glancing over at him.

We never spoke to each other much, even though we had been travelling together, surviving together for a week or more. The necessities of life didn't need talking about. There wasn't much to say, we understood one another's situation, the circumstances, and had come to accept them.

He responded with a nod and kept walking slowly up the slope, following the track from Pass Sosnovy. That was enough for me, at least I knew that my concerns were shared, and I wasn't losing it, or rather... wasn't losing it any more than anyone else.

Our pace slowed, something seemed to be holding us back, but we both still felt a draw to the mountain, to that cold steel structure. That's when we noticed it. Silence. Not the normal silence, but real silence. Not a sound. All I could hear was our footsteps, my own heartrate slowly speeding up, my breathing... Nothing else. The birds had stopped singing, the wind wasn't moving the trees. Silence.

I glanced at my friend, trying to find something to say, some words... Something to fill the void, but everything I considered saying didn't seem right. The colour had drained from his face, and mine as well presumably. A cold chill crept up my spine as we approached the gates.

Nothing moved. We crouched in the undergrowth and scanned for any sign of movement. The place seemed dead. There were corpses piled high in the compound, but we didn't see any zombies. We bottled up our courage and slowly moved inside the fenced area. I glanced up at the radio tower once more, my heart in my mouth, and then I saw it... Movement up near the railing, a man disappearing just out of sight around the tower.

"Drop" I muttered to my friend, almost silently. He did, quietly moving to a prone position and crawling to the wall of the old military building.

"Wait there..." I crouched and walked to the door of the tower. Stupid, I know... We should have just left there and then, just cut our losses and headed back down to Pass Sosnovy, but something wasn't working right in my head. Hindsight is always 20/20.

I entered the building, feeling my ears ringing against the unbearable silence, my heart pounding in my chest as I slowly and carfully climbed the ladder. I reached the top, poking my head above the level of the walkway and looking around... Nothing, not a single movement. I climbed up onto the walkway and looked around. Then I heard it...

A thud, wet sounding, like a body hitting the floor. I span around and looked down at the ground to see my friend on his back, unconcious. I climbed back down the ladder and ran across the compound to him. He was out cold, breathing, strong pulse, not an injury on him. I looked around again, and saw nothing. The silence was pressing against my ears. I wanted to scream out just to break it, but I could't make my vocal chords work. I dragged him out of there, down the slope and away from that horrifying place.

As we moved further away, my friend over my shoulder, I began to hear sounds again, the birds started to sing again, and the wind gently rustled through the trees. I put him on the ground and attempted to coax him back to conciousness. After a few minutes, his eyes opened... Wide, terrified. He stared at me with absolute horror in his eyes.

"G... get away from me..."

He backed away, his face pale. His hand went for his gun, he drew it and pointed it at my head.

"Whoa..." I tried to remain calm "Keep it cool... We're just down the slope from Green Mountain. You passed out, I had to drag you down here. Any idea what did this to you?"

He stared at me, a manic gaze.

"You did... You... Just, get away from me."

I tried to placate him. I told him what had happened, how I'd climbed the tower after seeing a man, then looked down to see him out cold, but he didn't believe a word of it.

I've not seen him since, that friend of mine. He left... We agreed to split our equipment between us. He thought he'd be better on his own.

I've not been back to Green Mountain since that day, and I have no wish to return. But that lonely steel structure brushing the sky still has a certain draw to me. On lonely evenings I often catch myself staring at it in the distance.

Never go to Green Mountain. There's nothing there but fear and horrible, all-consuming silence.

Edited by Dramatic Exit
  • Like 24

... and the OP was never heard from again.

loot in the military spawn is often not visible as it is slightly beneath the surface. only ever found ammo up there. place creeps me out.

• Like 1

I went there once, there were zombies there, but there was also something else, at first I thought it was another player, but it wasn't...

so 2 forum pages since the poster said he was going, and no response from him......

I want his stuffz!

I'm going to go rescue him, any idea what sever he plays on?

it's simple: i won't pick up any weird radios

Was not so simple after all.

Rip op.

I've been to that cursed place once. I don't like to talk about it but if it may save your life I will.

Back then we had no idea what we were doing. After I first met the 2 other survivors that I went along with since then, we heard about a military airport north of Zelenogorsk so we decided to go there. None of us had a map or a compass so we would have to orientate us with landmarks such as the tower ontop of Green Mountain. Looking back this was a stupid idea....

In the dark of the night in the middle of a forest without any lights but chemsticks attached to ourselves that barely give any vision we got lost. One of my comrads told us he saw some strange light through the trees so we stopped and visually scanned the area but nothing was to be seen as it was totally dark in the night. 5 minutes later climbing uphill, because we could see better on a mountain top where we are, the other guy said he heard footsteps/cracking of twigs 10-20 meters away from us so we stopped again but nothing was to be heard.

Then I realized NOTHING was to be heard. No birds. No insects. No wind. Just nothing. All my inner alarms were ringing loudly but my 2 friends both wanted to go on so we went on.

We marched further uphill at least 15 minutes and then we saw it through the treetops only 100 meters ahead of us. I said calmly "Guys.... this is not good... very bad things happen here we should just back off." they responded something about me being a cat.

As we approached the gate we saw a pile of bodies on the ground and a group of 10 Zeds inside.

We all saw both of that before in Chernogorsk but there was something strange about the Zeds.

Normally the infected wander around aimlessly and braindead until they notice something to eat. But these infected right there were piled up and never did one split from the group. It came clear to me that only one basic emotion of which I thought the Zeds didn't have it was responsible for that kind of behaviour.

Fear.

We decided to check one of the buildings for supplies when I heard someone or SOMETHING climbing down the ladder inside of the radio tower.

Inside the small house we looked at the entrance to the tower and the last thing I remember was one of my friends collapsing and the other one screaming like a little girl. I don't remember looking at it, maybe my brain tries to protect me from that memory or I just didn't dare to look.

What happened next I don't know. I was running carrying an unconcious guy on my back and the crying other one holding his hand toward a large barn. The radio tower was staring at me from the distance as the sky went brighter. The sun did rise once again above Chernarus.

It took 2 days till they woke up and stopped sobbing. So I hope you are now scared enough to never visit that haunted place.

Edited by biervertrieb
  • Like 2