Sign in to follow this  
jholl505

no seems to know how to make dayz run smoother or i don't understand

i've read some articles about making dayz run smoother but i can never understand how they do it. i try and i try and i try some more because i love this mod. can someone tell me how to make my experience better.

ati hd 5570

pentium duel core e5400 @ 2.7ghz

6gbs of ram

and my hard drive is a 5.9 on that windows experience index

Its not very optimised, and the lag is caused by loading in the map, and the 1000s of items / AI every time your in game. Its really just in need of optimisation, and theres very little you can do other then lower your settings.

And of course upgrade your computer, your running a pretty old GPU from my knowledge. Im only running a year old computer, its not a fantastic build either, and i struggle with around 30 FPS. Its playable, not very smooth, but playable.

i don't care about graphics much any more. if its a good game, u don't need good graphics. its just every 2 seconds it freezes for about 10 seconds and i just can't take that. i saw apost that told me how to do all this stuff but i don't understand how he did it. heres the post: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/45835-ultimate-guideinformation-thread-to-increase-performance/

Have you tried playing a single player mission or some of the included fps test in the game? Try seeing what you get there because servers can also lower the fps. Set the view distance to 2k because that's near where the limits set server side is.

how do u do the fps test

In the games main menu, go to Single Player then Scenarios. Run test #8. Be sure to turn off the DayZ mod before you do it because it's bugging them out.

Edited by SIMJEDI

See what you get in the test. If that still flunks try running ccleaner and doing a defrag. ArmA uses the hard drive a lot so if it's not in tip top shape it can cause problems.

i heard about that. but wat do u mean about tip top shape. like making sure theres a lot of space on it???

You hard drive can become like a newspaper thrown everywhere, if it's busy searching all over the place for what it needs bad lag can happen. A defrag can kinda sort it back together. I don't recommend using windows defrag. Something like SmartDefrag does a lot better.

Edited by SIMJEDI

i have piriform defraggler. is that one good? it says my disk health is good

Edited by jholl505

Yeah that's a decent program. By looking at your specs I would guess your CPU is probably the limiting factor since ArmA needs a lot of processing power.

dayz worked fantisticly like 3 days ago. like nothing wrong for 24 hours but the next day. its like nope bro

It may have been a recent patch by looking at all the latest posts. Usually when a new patch comes out something else usually breaks....lol