KieranB983

Bring DayZ to console aswell!

omg i have you ever looked how much keysbinds arma got ? put that on a controler WTF xD

The hysterical fear in here is delicious. I hope they port it to the Wii and force PC users to scale down graphics and share the awful Nintendo friend system just to see the tears from you fucking nutjobs. That'd be better than playing DayZ for me lol.

Are you an idiot?

Xbox 360 and PS3 would never be able to play dayz unless it was converted into a 2D top down shooter.

Seriously

Im even going into the facts why xbox and ps3 suck for gaming over all, here is why it wouldnt work.

Too few buttons

Consoles are too weak

Too imprecise, aim assist will be needed

No mod support for consoles

Bandwidth restrictions

Terrible community

I am agree with you. Also, the majority of console users likes more arcadey games like COD. Simulations and similar usually don't suit well with consoles, sorry.

everybody is allowed to dream! but bevor dayz is going to run on a consol, i will be president of the united states, maybe i will even be King of middleearth drinking sake with Gandalf!!

So cute, this little kid really wants DayZ for his beloved modern console.

Let me guess, the PC on your house can only be used by your parents? And you're tired of crying and whining over them so you can have an hour or two of playing DayZ on it?

Edited by chad57

erm no. not happening. but hey you may get imitators on the platforms.

I can see why you think that DayZ should be brought to the game console (X-box 360/PS3) because of how well the game is going on the pc. Even thought it's still on Alpha and the game is going on standalone, the developers of Arma 2 would get more money if they add it to the game console. Alot of people play the game meaning that the game is a big hit, so why not bring it to a whole another level. Like for example, for the control's of Dayz for the ps3 it could go something like this: Arrow key up= zoom, Arrow key down= unzoom, Arrow key left= lean to the left, Arrow key Right= lean to the right, L1= Aim down the sights, L2= forward through gear, clicking down on L3 & just L3= walking/sprinting, R1= shoot/throw grenade R2= back through gear, R3 & clicking on R3= look around/change to 3rd person, X= valt/jump/click on gear, triangle= change weapons, O= crouch/prone, Square & Hold Square= Reload/look at gear at the ground, Select= Gear.

......One thing that is wrong with adding the binoculars, night vision, and all the other stuff that is optional is that there is not enough buttons to work it out, so for this to work you would have to just click on it by access your gear and pressing X on it. This is very skeptical because this means a lot of things could go wrong while your in a difficult situation like using the range finder to find out how far that bandit/player is. So, should it go to the game consoles, my opinion is sure why not you just need to know if people are going to buy the game.

CaptJawz

Edited by CaptJawz
  • Like 1

OK, I'm not going to troll you and be immature like some people are here, but unfortunately, the console's hardware is very limited and is not made to run ArmA's advanced engine even with optimization. It's a possibility for next-gen hardware, but as of now, it is not possible without sacrificing much of the game's mechanics that make this a zombie survival game. I feel for you, some people cannot afford a machine to play this game at the moment, but that is sadly the way the cookie will crumble.

for god sake just make the consoles advance for aram2 so the kids don't cry over it jezzzz!!!!!!!!

ಠ_ಠ >:( >:(

I'm in the same boat as CaptJaws. It could work. Battlefield 3 on Xbox required a second disc for the graphics that you could install on to the hard drive, same with Max Payne, AC3, and many other newer games coming out. If these games that require so much space and have demanding graphics are able to do it than there is a possibility that this idea could work also. Even as a marketplace download that wouldn't be a huge file size. Not too sure about the standalone's file size, but Arma 2 : OA is around 8gbs and that is not that much if you ask me. I'd be willing to free up some space on my Xbox hard drive for a game this great.

As for the buttons, they could use certain combinations or have added menus that list the gear based on what uses its for. If it were to happen, it'd probably be a slightly dumbed down/simplified version of the game, in terms of the menu/inventory system, much like the version of Minecraft they have now on Xbox. But i'm sure Xbox gamers are willing to compromise. I know many people who want/love watching this game on Youtube, the only problem for them is having a PC capable of playing it.

As for the comments about Consolekids/Community/Consolefags, man, think outside the box there are other gamers out there other than yourselves and there's a huge amount of money to be made in that area imo. Rocket and his dev's probably already know what they want out of this game, and from what i've seen so far they're great ideas. I doubt some kid who plays xbox posting a rage thread in the forums is going to get his way. Any changes would only affect Xbox gamers anyway. So calm down. I have a Pc capable of playing this game anyway, so i'm not too fussed, just glad to see a fellow Kiwi doing good in the gaming community.

There are probably way more complications involved with this than any of us know, but it wouldn't hurt to throw some ideas out there for the people who want this to happen :)

trying to run dayz on a console would be like asking a 95 year old asthmatic with broken arms and legs to drag a dead elephant through a lake of quick drying cement.

This discussion had its time. No need to keep repeating things.

Locked.

• Like 1