KieranB983

Bring DayZ to console aswell!

I agree with this Idea.

The sooner we get rid of all the console fucking kiddies the fucking better.

Bring out a console version and good fucking riddens.

• Like 1

The amount of players that can play on a single server on a console game is not the problem, MAG on the PS3 can handle 256 players on a single server. The only real problem is the current hardware for consoles. I find it odd that the PC gaming crowd believes they are the chosen people for some odd reason, I play both on the console and PC and I can honestly say the PC gaming community is pretty rude, if not more so then on the console, and troll more in my experience.

That being said I don't believe this game needs a console port or should get one, but if it does get one it should not be at the expense of a dumbing down the game on the PC. Hopefully some day in the future we can all get along and all the hateful people can realize that they are not they are not the coolest mother truckers ever just because they have a computer.

• Like 2

the problem with consoles its not thier hardware or community, the main reason i`m against them, its because most of the games are crossplatform, and thus pc gamers receive dumbed down games for consoles, with fucked up mouse controls.

• Like 1

Lol how about no.

Save the money and buy a proper gaming machine. A Pc.

Consoles are good do not get me wrong but they are not the best for gaming. A pc is. Dayz would never go to console. Sooo

Are you an idiot?

Xbox 360 and PS3 would never be able to play dayz unless it was converted into a 2D top down shooter.

Seriously

Im even going into the facts why xbox and ps3 suck for gaming over all, here is why it wouldnt work.

Too few buttons

Consoles are too weak

Too imprecise, aim assist will be needed

No mod support for consoles

Bandwidth restrictions

Terrible community

Don't forget the Xbox's 7 year old hardware!

Does your PC give you a handjob on request? Pay your bills? Send you Christmas cards? Bashing consoles/ console users just doesn't make PC the end all of gaming. You can't be serious if you're under the impression that consoles have nothing to offer. It's no wonder the world, not just console gamers see us as bitter, antisocial losers that play games (forever) alone. Nobody is contesting that PCs have outgrown the seven year old fixed hardware consoles ffs. Consoles are still great for playing with family and friends, and the next generation will likely see a more powerful machine than most of these people bashing them are playing on right now. It's ok, it's now a standard for everyone who owns any branded object consider their choice of product, and in effect themselves, to be better than the people who use another product. Look at Mac vs Windows, Droid vs iPhone, Chevy vs Ford, Xbox vs PS3, Boxing vs MMA, literally any product or idea that has a competitor. How people can be so narrow minded and be another cog in the machine of consumerism so willingly is beyond me. Again, I challenge those who say console gamers are all immature children need to take a closer look at any PC game forum and show me a single example of a civilized, mature community. They most definitely need to take a closer look at themselves.

Edited by Sgt Abraham Ford
  • Like 1

ಠ_ಠ

Edited by ED-E

only thing i saw was the title, wont read a single post in this thread but i have 1 comment.

NO!

Have you guys lost your mind? This is the third topic about getting DayZ to console...

Its ridiculous, first that this game is on alpha, and CONSOLE isnt able to do hotfixes as simple as PC, and consoles cant handle DayZ, like our friend said there it would need to be a. 2 D top view game

console to run this game? how many buttons are there on a console control? 5?

lets not even get started on graphics...

sorry for the boner kill but its very unlikely

console to run this game? how many buttons are there on a console control? 5?

lets not even get started on graphics...

sorry for the boner kill but its very unlikely

You clearly didn't read any of the posts. There was a good example of how the control system could be stripped down or altered to fit the 16 (with dpad) buttons of a console controller (Wii excluded)

Have you guys lost your mind? This is the third topic about getting DayZ to console...

Its ridiculous, first that this game is on alpha, and CONSOLE isnt able to do hotfixes as simple as PC, and consoles cant handle DayZ, like our friend said there it would need to be a. 2 D top view game

I agree that it is in Alpha. Look at Minecraft though. Although it is a much more simple game, it now exists on every platform out there. But it wasn't ported until it was near it's current stage, and it was ported without changing the original game. DayZ will obviously not be made for consoles any time soon. But in a few years when the next generation comes out and DayZ is stand alone (if it goes that route) it could be a very easy way to increase revenue. Because once you make a game and sell it to the majority of a community your revenue is going to stop, unless you find new ways to increase sales, making a console version is one method. I would love to see a console version so I can play with my friends who only have Xbox (and to also take advantage of the party system for a fairly smooth Voip set up). But right now I'm stuck to my few friends who are willing and able to play it on the PC.

Console sounds great. I mean, the code is already written for the game, it would take, what, like 20 minutes to copy and paste into XNA right? right?

<_<

It would be great if you could play the DayZ mod on console aswell as pc. As I love pc gaming and console gaming, it would be great to have a hand held controller to play DayZ with and communicate and play private games with friends via xbox live.

you see heres the thing, even if its brought to console they would have to get rid of some of the gameplay mechanics, and if they do that, it becomes an entirely different game so i beg you, dont persist with this, youll get torn down painfully

• Like 1

Implying consoles can render more than 5 feet in front of your character

Implying you have more than seven brain cells, what a joker lol