KieranB983

Bring DayZ to console aswell!

But the truth is that while someone with Down's Syndrome can still be a contributing member of society and live a good and full life, you don't hire them to design the next Mars mission.

Unless they're the only one qualified to design the next mission to Mars. Seriously, don't judge a book by its cover.

Just because the limitation of current generation consoles is what it is, that doesn't mean anything for the next generation.

If it can be done, someone will do it. If it isn't Rocket, then it'll be his own damn fault (not that it seems like he's overly concerned about it, anyway).

• Like 3

Its pretty much impossible

For 1: THERE ARE WAY MORE FUCKING CONTROLS ON A KEYBOARD. You wouldn't be able to do shit on a controller except for shoot and run.

2: The console just can't handle it. Arma is just too massive for current generation consoles

• Like 1

Because when this happens, the game gets dumbed down to be played with thumbs and forefingers, destroys immersion, reduces scale. I don't want to play console games on my PC. Why would I play Day Z at half the resoultion I do now, with auto-aim and a map 1/4 the size it is now? So I can sit on my couch and eat cheetos at the same time? Fuck. That. That's what Mario Kart or Gears I can't believe its not Railroad is for.

Which publisher would you trust to distribute Day Z on consoles? EA? Activision? Ubisoft? I'm sure one if not all of those are already working on a console game based off Day Z, which will just end up being Left 4 Ded 3 with more beans.

Also, Rocket has said he wants Day Z to have an active Mod community to improve and expand the game. Nix that on any console. Console games are meant to be quickly cycled content. I.e. they want you buying more games faster, not finding one you love, generating your own content for it (and GASP not paying for new content--you damn commie).

Consoles have their place. Use them for what they are good at and realize that if you want the best that gaming has to offer, you'll need both a console AND a PC.

But the truth is that while someone with Down's Syndrome can still be a contributing member of society and live a good and full life, you don't hire them to design the next Mars mission.

Your logic is ridiculous, man. Firstly, a console edition would not have any impact whatsoever on the depth/ quality of the PC edition...so wtf are you even talking about? Also, the next gen will easily have the poop to run a Dayz port. Arma II is well known for it's unnecessarily clunky and overtly complicated controls. I guarantee that a console, while not as precise, could be superior to our current version as controls are concerned. It's too early to say what the next gen can't do, man. Your assuming all console gamers to be drooling monkeys incapable of installing and operating mods such as this is a very shallow viewpoint. I may drool like a motherfucker, but I can patch and play DayZ just fine :P

Edited by Sgt Abraham Ford
  • Like 2

Its pretty much impossible

For 1: THERE ARE WAY MORE FUCKING CONTROLS ON A KEYBOARD. You wouldn't be able to do shit on a controller except for shoot and run.

2: The console just can't handle it. Arma is just too massive for current generation consoles

I think that the loss of keys could be made up made creating layers of buttons (kind of like Assassin's Creed with High profile and Low profile actions). It may take some creative engineering, but isn't that what separates us from monkeys flinging poop at one another (that and poop flinging).

But I agree that current generation consoles couldn't even begin to attempt to play Arma 2, even stripped down to stick figures.

• Like 1

just for the experiment:

ps3/xbox360 gamepad has 16 buttons(d-pad included).

buttons that you need to play DayZ:

esc

q

e

z

x

c

lshift

k

l

m

ctrl+m

g

f

r

v

alt

lmb

rmb

scrollwheel

num enter

20 buttons total, since i cant imagine use of q and e on gamepad, we can just exclude them, thus we have 18 left. z, x, c can be bound to the same key meaning we have 16 left. i think its possible. bu this will probably require to change system of picking objects to that like in TES, which would be a good thing for pc as well.

• Like 2

I see "I want Day Z on consoles, but of course it won't be the same as the PC version." So you want a console game like Day Z.

And I'm not saying all console gamers are slobberying monkeys. I'm saying that that is who consoles are marketed at.

Shadow of Colussus isn't available on PC, and its a damn fine game. And Yes my disk skips where I slobbered on it.

I'll give you that, the casual gaming onslaught is downright terrifying. The success of awful "social games" is not a good thing for our beloved industry. Nor are online passes, on-disk paid DLC, and general faggotry by companies like EA and Blizzard.

just for the experiment:

ps3/xbox360 gamepad has 16 buttons(d-pad included).

20 buttons total, since i cant imagine use of q and e on gamepad, we can just exclude them, thus we have 18 left. z, x, c can be bound to the same key meaning we have 16 left. i think its possible. bu this will probably require to change system of picking objects to that like in TES, which would be a good thing for pc as well.

Won't be much of a problem as long as you avoid combat. Q & E not important...aiming with a thumb pad....

3571m2.jpg

Edited by Ampoliros

i love how everyone bags out console gaming "oh xbox and ps3 are under powered" yes they but think back to when they came out and what ur pc was like it not like every console gamer upgrades there internals all the time we stick with the same old shit you guys try play the newest games on 10 year old technology on your pc's not gonna happen well my pc is nearing the 5 year mark and still going strong so ease up guys we all like playing games no matter what platform it on and DayZ on xbox or ps ould be good for the game it would get ppl that dnt have the comps to play it dnt get me wrong pc gamers have more skill at FPS games but i would like to play with a few of my console buddys that cant run it on there pc

• Like 1

Escape: Open game menu. START

W/A/S/D: Standard strafing movement. LEFT THUMBSTICK

Z/X/C: Prone/crouch/stand. RIGHT THUMBSTICK CLICK

V: Slide over obstruction, commonly known as Vaulting. A or X

Shift (Hold): Walk or move slower. Double tapping this key toggles between walking and jogging. LEFT THUMBSTICK CLICK

MW Scroll: Select from available actions. UP/DOWN D PAD

MW Click: Select action. Performs a default action if none are selected. SELECT

G: Open inventory. Y or TRIANGLE

LMB: Shoot or throw tactical items (e.g. flares, smoke grenades). RIGHT TRIGGER

RMB (Click): Toggle iron sights/scope. LEFT TRIGGER (TAP)

RMB (Hold): Zoom view in. Zooming in while looking through your sights will allow you to hold your breath for sniping at pool parties. B or CIRCLE

R: Reload. Will load the fullest magazine in your inventory into your weapon. (See Ammunition below for info.) X or SQUARE

F: Switches firing modes on any weapon with multiple, and will select any tactical consumables in your inventory. x2 DOWN D PAD

Q: Lean left. LB or L1

E: Lean right. Press both in alternation to get your swag on. RB or R1

Alt (Hold): Turns on free-look while held. Double tapping toggles free-look. Allows you to look around you without changing your character's orientation. RIGHT THUMBSTICK

Num Enter: Toggle between 1st/3rd-person. OPTIONS MENU

You must loot and equip the appropriate items before you can use these:

B: Binoculars. RIGHT D PAD

N: Night vision. LEFT D PAD

M: Map. UP D PAD

Ctrl + M: GPS minimap. x2 UP D PAD

K: Compass. DOWN D PAD

O: Watch. x2 RIGHT D PAD

L: Flashlight. x2 LEFT D PAD

Edited by zzSTABBYzz
  • Like 2

Not to mention the multiplayer aspect would be decreased significantly handling maybe 16 people per server? at most?

Yeah don't think consoles out there are equipped to handle this fancy of a game.

agreed will have to wait for next gen consoles and im not sure but i think BF3 servers can hold 24 but not sure on that

The big Hate for the cosole to PC war comes from the fact Console's breed redundancy A (See CoD), And once available Ports that get coded for Consoles then sent to PC as an after thought OR treat us as if we cant tell the difference between a made for PC game or Port. See Dead Island/CoD.

Beyond that Console gamers have very little grasp at a Hardcore mind set. I.E. WoW's slow decline to casuality after it became non taboo to play an MMO. They expect short cuts and easy ways out. Not to mention expect a patch evey day and have no grasp on code nore the time it takes to dev a code that is compatable with millions of CPU builds rather than a cut and paste Xbawks hardware profile.

So if you are an advid game the hate isnt to the console. Its to the populous that have a 1 track mindset. Saying this I hope that DUST does not destory EVE as far as cross platforming. goes.

Edited by Skithe

Consoles can coexist with PC gaming folks, they're both great for what they do. Obviously current gen consoles wouldn't be capable of supporting it, but that's irrelevant as the next gen is right around the corner. I'm not sure why people have all the blind hate for consoles, but it's really sad that people are so threatened by the possibility of PC games being ported to the more convenient and user friendly consoles. Giving this experience to more people is not a bad thing!

It's not really 'blind hate' for consoles. It's just the fact that they are factually inferior to the PC platform. They have weaker hardware, and they've had weaker hardware since before they came out.

The fact of the matter is, even with the next generation of console, I doubt it'd be able to support DayZ. For the same reason why the current gaming consoles don't even have ARMA on them. I'm actually surprised they have the Operation Flaspoint series, but that was even 'dumbed-down' a bit for console stability.

~ setdiscussion.mode pcelitism=1

Console gamers don't deserve games like Day Z. Rocket already said the game required balls, and no shooter on a console can handle that.*

~ setdiscussion.mode pcelitism=0

*Sure there are plenty of amazing games on a console, but lets face it, if we left the world to the xbox live community, the zombies would evolve civilization before we did.

Bwahaha, excellent post. Excellent indeed, good sir!

...and hell no...DayZ in no way needs to be cross-platform...ever... ^_^

Everyone knows the aging consoles cannot compete with current PCs hardware wise. In other news, water is wet. The thing that baffles me is how PC gamers believe that exclusively gaming on a PC makes them better than console users. Obviously, it doesn't. If folks are going to insult the console community's collective intelligence, I suggest taking a long look at this very forum to see the average intellect of PC gamers. Then drink deeply of the sweet, sweet irony.

• Like 1

Consoles can coexist with PC gaming folks, they're both great for what they do. Obviously current gen consoles wouldn't be capable of supporting it, but that's irrelevant as the next gen is right around the corner. I'm not sure why people have all the blind hate for consoles, but it's really sad that people are so threatened by the possibility of PC games being ported to the more convenient and user friendly consoles. Giving this experience to more people is not a bad thing!

Let me give you an example of why PC to console ports can ruin games...

The Elder Scrolls series was amazing...all the way up to Morrowind. Morrowind was so successful that it was ported to the original Xbox console. This was the last time an Elder Scrolls game was made for the PC exclusively. Since then, the series has been designed for more fluidity on consoles. All you have to do is look at the UI and controls for Oblivion and Skyrim. One of the greatest RPG franchises in the history of PC gaming straight up sold out to the consoles. Do I blame Bethesda? No. They wanted to make more money...that's just business. I'm sure there are those that will completely disagree, and that is perfectly fine.

I hope DayZ will remain unique to the PC for a long time... B)

• Like 3

Everyone knows the aging consoles cannot compete with current PCs hardware wise. In other news, water is wet. The thing that baffles me is how PC gamers believe that exclusively gaming on a PC makes them better than console users. Obviously, it doesn't. If folks are going to insult the console community's collective intelligence, I suggest taking a long look at this very forum to see the average intellect of PC gamers. Then drink deeply of the sweet, sweet irony.

"In other news, water is wet", got me there, agree with you on your post, get mi beans

I was a fan of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I can see what you're saying, though this doesn't explain the superiority complex a large portion of the PC crowd possesses. I think many people like yourself feel that PC gamers have gotten the shaft in the last few years, and fear that devs see them as irrelevant. More versions of the game equates to more money for the developer and publisher, so until consoles stop selling millions of copies this trend will probably continue. I tend to dislike people that think they're better than others, so this whole PC master race bullshit just annoys the hell out of me. Especially being someone who plays PC and console games.

• Like 1

When I first posted this topic, I didn't mean to be saying it should be a console game, I was thinking abit more of "it would be nice to have a game/mod this good on console". I'm what some people call a skeptic, get over it. And shortly I will be joining the pc gamers community, yeah pc have better capabilities, but I'll probably never meet as good friends as I've gotten over these past few years of console gaming tbh. And please don't just find some way to turn this into a hate mail session.

Edited by KieranB983

NONONONONONONONONO

NO.

No.

no.

Never.

Please god no.

We don't need this over run with children.

No.

Just...

No.

• Like 2

We don't need this over run with children.

You think I'm a child? Ha, tbh i find you abit pathetic, assuming people are children on a forum where you know nothing about them.

I was a fan of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. I can see what you're saying, though this doesn't explain the superiority complex a large portion of the PC crowd possesses. I think many people like yourself feel that PC gamers have gotten the shaft in the last few years, and fear that devs see them as irrelevant. More versions of the game equates to more money for the developer and publisher, so until consoles stop selling millions of copies this trend will probably continue. I tend to dislike people that think they're better than others, so this whole PC master race bullshit just annoys the hell out of me. Especially being someone who plays PC and console games.

No problem mate...I haven't taken any offense to your posts. I also don't have that complex either. It is as stupid as the kids that argue PS3 vs 360 lol...it never ends...ever... :lol:

• Like 1