Heyasuki

Broken Bones has to go or fix your coding

Team,

There is huge problem in this game and that is broken bones and not finding any morphine. 3 of us eventually all got broken bones and now are stuck in the woods. We spent around 5 hours searching in towns for morphine and no go.

How did we all get broken bones? Bad programming code. Zombies not dying when their shot, and zombies glitching out. Having to pump full clips of M1911 ammo into a zombie and they don't die is game breaking. If you want to have a simulator the code has to be top notch. Good example is Dark Souls if you die in that game it's your own damn fault, DayZ? it glitched out on you.

I see a few solutions to this problem. (from easiest to tough)

1. Remove the ability to break your bones

2. Up the drop rate on morphine or allow bandages to fix bones

3. Add drugstores in every town or medical tents

4. fix the code on zombies and their movement because we should only die when we made the mistake.

On a side note we do love this game and really want to keep playing it. It's the reason most of us in the last few months have picked up ARMA 2 and I'm sure you know it. I understand that it's alpha and maybe I and many of us should just wait till everything is fixed however making this a broken bone simulator is not fun.

P.S. If anyone has temporary solutions to our situation please let me know =]

Its not the game. I have found countless morphine. And every other medical supply in the game. If you want to avoid broken bones, dont be stupid and run into shit. Or have your friends walk over you. Or push you into objects. Its about playing smart. Not bad coding. If you cant find any? You must have the worst luck in the entire world.

we should only die when we made the mistake

Disagree. You should only die when something causes you to die, whether it was within your control or not.

You didn't stock up on morphine and that is nobody else's fault.

Your servant,

Weld

Edited by weld

Nah, the broken bones is a good idea. Question: Is the programming perfect yet? Answer: This is in Alpha. I have never had any issues finding morphine. If you have found a hospital, you will find tons of it there.

I crawled like 3km to a hospital once to get some morphine and had to take stuff from the loot piles under the boxes first to get too whats inside of them. This should be fixed and maybe that was your problem.

Not sure if trolling or just plain stupid..

this^ oh and btw, before heading out in the "woods" and north and so on, always stock up on medic supplies from hospitals, i always go with at least 3 morphine before i head out. blood bags i dont care about since i rarely play with a group. just get hatchet/knife/matches and kill animals for meat that cooks, and gives 800 blood = survival gone easy.

-dont look for morphine in towns with no hospitals, i never seen morphine other places then in barracks rarely, and hospitals, or chopper crashes. i dont think it spawns in residential/factory areas.. so quit looking there.

Edited by Tatakt

Not sure if trolling or just plain stupid..

This. (Is. An. Alpha!)

Oh, the whiners. Will they ever learn that their habbit of flooding forums with tears may work on something like WoW, CoD and stuff but not everywhere? Doubt that...

Broken bones and no morphine is super awemazing, especially if you got hit through a wall.

One of you respawn. He runs to a hospital and gets morphine, then gets back to you guys and heal yer bones. All this while you lie in the woods like wounded turrets guarding the lucky respawnee's body.

Edited by ostesaks

Did any of you actually read my full post? I talk about different was to fix this issue. I stated I understand the is alpha, this is the suggestion thread and so I made a suggestion. I beat Demon Souls, Dark Souls, and Catherine on hard so I understand when a game has issues. Nothing is perfect that's why I suggested something be looked at.

Easy as pie.

Every character that starts out and wants to survive for more than 24 hours should get medical supplies in a hospital of his/her choice.

We play as a squad as well and whatever we plan/do before we start with that everyone runs to the nearest hospital, grabs a set of supplies (2 bloodbags, 2 painkillers, 2 morphine injectors, 2 epi pens, 4 bandages) and then we move out. This way, we can tackle almost anything, we survived concealed sniper fire, ambushes, Zed Armies (that one downed helicopter spwaned about 40 of those buggers) and bugs (mate broke his leg near a tent, when climbing down a deer stand, i broke mine while prone sneaking between two trees, etc). be sure to restock on that stuff whenever you kill anyone and they have it on them (Military Zeds also drop morphine) and make sure to check out deer stands, military tents(stary) or barracks(NWAF) its not that hard.

Always be prepared, never let your guard down.

• Like 2

The m1911 is glitched/nerfed since the last Arma2 update. No it takes 3-4 body shots to kill a zombie.

Anyway, how did you manage to break bones in forest if there's no zombies and usually no big falls either. If you'r really bothered with the bones breaking too easy, get 3+ morphines each on hospitals and go to major towns sometimes for new medical supplies.

(Military Zeds also drop morphine) and make sure to check out deer stands, military tents(stary) or barracks(NWAF) its not that hard.

Always be prepared, never let your guard down.

Golgo82, We're in a deer stand so will try killing a bunch of army Zed's thanks for the thoughtful tips and tricks.

The m1911 is glitched/nerfed since the last Arma2 update. No it takes 3-4 body shots to kill a zombie.

Anyway, how did you manage to break bones in forest if there's no zombies and usually no big falls either. If you'r really bothered with the bones breaking too easy, get 3+ morphines each on hospitals and go to major towns sometimes for new medical supplies.

Wow, that's good to know is there somewhere this is listed? (M1911 nerf) and we were in a town but decided to try getting morphine by a near by deer stand and as we were there my 3rd buddy broke his legs lol.

If you made the title of the thread less dickish people might not hate on your so much. Anyway, i was going to make a thread like this myself, because the bone breaking at the moment is bullshit, they have 3 options:

1: you spawn with 1 morphene to avoid all the glitches (my bones are almost always broken by glitches or Zeds while i have a ton of health) untill such a time they mend the programming (i support this one the most)

2: remove environmental and Zombie enduced breakage of bones, and only keep bone breaking to pvp when you get axed or shot. when someone breaks my leg by shooting me or axeing it off, thats fair enough, il go crawl to the hospital across the city. its when Zombies do it when you have 10000 blood left in one hit before you have a chance to get anywhere with morphene as loot, or as i have seen happening recently, just randomly breaking my leg when i walk through a door or prone over a 1 inch platform, again, before having a chance to get to stock up. im not saying remove broken bones, just temporarily remove the ability to break them from environmental haZards (falling off of high buildings, walking through doors ect) and make it so Zeds never knock down untill the programming is usable for them. instead of breaking your legs when falling off a high building, just make it so that they lose a lot of blood or just die instantly depending on the hight. NOTE: im not saying this to get rid of bone breaking, but to make it easier for them to code it out of the game while they fix it. (and because the above is such a pain in the ass, is why i support #1)

3: let people repeatedly break their bones and have to respawn and get pissed off with their game because of a mechanic that is not necessary in the game for it to work properly and is more often than not caused by a glitch. (I don't think it's fair to force something that is this broken into the game untill they have either fixed the problems or rework it for the standalone)

Edited by GexAlmighty
  • Like 1

Team,

If you want to have a simulator the code has to be top notch. Good example is Dark Souls if you die in that game it's your own damn fault, DayZ? it glitched out on you.

Dark Souls had a proper development team behind it. It's fairly obvious to any developer that bugs/glitches aren't good and they need to be fixed.

If you broke your legs due to the bugs/glitches, specially with zombies then yes this is an annoyance and hopefully fixed soon.

I packed a tent with med supplies and logged out. Next day I couldn't get on the server with my tent due to bugs. Decided to head into town on a different server. I ran into a zombie and shot him a few times with my PDW. He then slid through half the wall and hit me once breaking my bone.

I lost my morphine to a bug and then broke my bone to another bug.

Fun is.

And of course just to chime in that there is a Bug Reports forum just in case you guys didn't know.

Edited by jay.pis

If you made the title of the thread less dickish people might not hate on your so much.

Gex,

Thanks for the reply and yes next time I'll be more careful with my title as I didn't mean to spark hatred/trolling I only meant to bring up a concern I had and see A. how many others how this issue and B. what other thought would be good idea to improve the game. Some great comments there and on your 3rd remark I agree its not fair and you would think with the 800,000 copies they sold from their DayZ mod that they would of hired more coders and QA by now =P

Dude first

BI = the makers of Arma II have nothing to do with DayZ

BI = make the patches for Arma II/OA and they nerfed the gun

DayZ = a mod for a game, so the mod has no control over the game or any funds that got earned from selling the original game

That makes it a bit hard to hire someone do you not agree on this one?

Then, broken bones, well it happens, but if you are prepared, well not a big deal, in our group everyone has the basic needet to deal with such problems.

Think about it, you have been in a bad situation, you will not get into such a situation again, you prepare yourself better next time.

Same goes for getting sick, i got sick one damn time, after a infected did hit me, got help from a friend, now i have the stuff on me to handel that problem.

Zeds are glitching from time to time, but it is not that you can not realy deal with them, you only have to know what is going on and how to answer that.

What is a problem, well one of our group had a little tree problem, he was prone under a tree, turned around and died. That is something that should not happen, the rest, well i and the guys i play with can deal with it very well.

Your problem could have been solved if you and your friends were better prepared for the world out there, i like to say "World is broken, get used to it!"

I'm sorry, I was not trolling but I may be stupid. I do realize I may have been a little terse.

Sometimes things don't die when you shoot them. Sometimes they live long enough to break your bones.

There isn't anything you can do about that.

Things happen that are outside of your control.

What you can do is be aware that your bones can break, and keep morphine on your person. It isn't hard to find if you know where to look (hospitals).

If you want to complain about bugs this isn't the place for it.

Your servant,

Weld

Edited by weld

Maybe you just suck at the morphine game which most of us find so easy to play ya useless bastard ! :P

haha as if it should go you just young and pissed off u died in the woods like a NOOOB hahaa !

I haven't broken a bone in weeks. (unless I'm shot)

Must be something OP is doing wrong. Maybe it's because this problem was a lot worse and I can now walk off the third step of a set of stairs and not break my leg but this problem seems nonexistent to me. I don't know what I'm doing that you're not but broken bones are the least of my problems in game. How close are you letting zombies get to you? Are you trying to kill a bunch of them or is this just a one zombie type situation?

edited to be less dickish. salud

Edited by SausageKingofChicago