Sign in to follow this  
Bloodbath22nd

Can my PC run Dayz?

Processor: Intel® Core i3-2350m CPU @ 2.30GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System

I have 1TB of space.

My Laptop says that my graphics card is Intel® HD Graphics Family

I understand that I cant run this with good fps.... but I really want to play this and 20 or 30 FPS wont stop me. So if you could please tell me if I can even get 20-30 fps.

Hello there

Your best bet is to Google and download A2Free, as it uses the same(ish) engine as A2/DAYZ.

Keep in mind that the full game, in general, *may* be a little more demanding than the free version.

Rgds

LoK

PS 20-25 fps is quite common for many people in certain areas in A2 in different circumstances. YMMV dependant on which mod/amount of AI etc.

Edited by orlok

I'd like to know if i could run this game at a decent level; like be able to play with people at a decent level but without lagging.

--

I would like it if you to recommend a setting i would be able to play on without any disruptions, or for me to purchase a new laptop.

~ Thank you,

Guardian_Angel.

Specifications

CPU

AMD Athlon™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor

CPU Speed

2.1 GHz

Ram

2.8 GB

OS

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64 bit

Video Card

AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Sound card

ATI High Definition Audio Device

Note: I'm not very knowledgeable about computers but i do know the basics.

Edited by Guardian angel

Why do people think they are going to play DayZ on a laptop... it frustrates me.

Your chip ("graphics card") is not meant for gaming. I suggest you buy a Tower pc for better performance.

If you have to stick with a Laptop, anything on the market for $700+ (USD) should be able to play it.

Why do people think they are going to play DayZ on a laptop... it frustrates me.

Your chip ("graphics card") is not meant for gaming. I suggest you buy a Tower pc for better performance.

If you have to stick with a Laptop, anything on the market for $700+ (USD) should be able to play it.

Why did you quote ("graphics card").. always can it run or not? at lowest settings.

Its funny, i have a laptop with 8 gigs ram, intel core i7 (its a quad core) 700gb hard drive, and Nvidia Geforce something or other graphics card and my FPS is always between 8-11 lol. Not laggy at all, it runs as if it was 60fps but i just find it funny.

i have a tower but im not at all knowledgeble about computers and cards and what not, im not sure what this means but if i move the mouse the responce on screen is late and not smooth, is that lag? or poor fps? because of this i avoid cities because im at serious disadvanage to other players lol, can any body help me?

Original OP..i dont like your chances :)

Jarrodchambo..post your system specs so we can have a look :)

turn all the settings down to lowest possible, it should be playable on ur system

dont expect it to run super smooth tho

the amd 4250 isnt that great of a gpu, i used to have a laptop with a 4270, and that was almost 2 years ago now

i wouldnt even bother trying to run most new games on it

give it a shot and the lowest detail level, but dont count on it being very smooth, also run it at a low resolution, 800x600

yes it can , and u can run 40fps with the right configuration

Do you think you can give me a hint on how?

hmmm over 120 frames at all times for me, i dont understand people with shit pc's expecting good frames, you wouldn't buy a knock off brand of like an xbox or playstation and expect them to perform the same as the real thing, people pay like 1000 bucks at least for a console (when they are new/released) and upwards of 150 for console controllers and anywhere up to 150 bucks per game... so it begs the question why anyone would attempt to play a pc game that requires allot of power on an either old pc and or a cheap shitty one (one meant for e-mails and accounting software only). i mean for less than 2000 bucks you can have all new gen components and peripherals and most if not all of it would be high end equipment delivering top performance.

the sad truth about games is that unless the mentality of having the bare minimum to run things is dropped the games will no longer get any better or escape the restrictions they are bound to. i mean for example, battlefield 3 was supposed to be a direct-x 10+ game with none of the drawbacks and shit from the old runtime but because consoles and so many other people playing on shit machines wanted the luxury of the game without actually getting off their asses and equipping themselves for it the game got simplified beyond recognition. now it might aswell be cod running on an engine more than 10 years old.

graphics and so on are never going to improve at this rate, all the current mindset does is destroy the future of a pastime we all enjoy. so to all those out there, if you want to see good games get real and buy decent gear, if console kiddies can manage to muster up the cash when a new one comes out then im sure you can get it together to upgrade a few pc parts from time to time.

turn all the settings down to lowest possible, it should be playable on ur system

dont expect it to run super smooth tho

the amd 4250 isnt that great of a gpu, i used to have a laptop with a 4270, and that was almost 2 years ago now

i wouldnt even bother trying to run most new games on it

give it a shot and the lowest detail level, but dont count on it being very smooth, also run it at a low resolution, 800x600

Alright thank you, that's what i needed.

I run dayz on my laptop, on higher settings than some desktops. But, my laptop is made for gaming, so I guess I'm excused.

i3-540 3,07ghz oc to 3,4

4 gb ram

Windows 7

Sapphire Hd7850 oc edition

Is it enough to play dayz at high?...or the most important question can i run it?