Sign in to follow this  
Obsolescence

Can I play DayZ and Watch A Movie On 2nd Monitor?

Whenever I try to play DayZ and watch a movie on my two monitors the video stops playing (but the audio continues). I've encountered this with other games, but I was wondering if anyone knows a way around this aside from playing in window mode.

Thanks for your help DayZ fans!

I have the same thing when i watch a stream, turns out i cant watch it in fullscreen but otherwise it works.

I MUST .. as you why!? Do you ask this here? This I think is more relative question for the windows or maybe your GPU manufacturer.

The answer is, IF you have your system set up like that, then yes. If you have your system setup other way then no.

My system can do that just fine...so, it is a question of your system's hardware tbh, mate.

I can run DayZ fullscreen and watch YouTube videos on my second monitor fine. Are you sure it's not the graphics card driver?

I have VLC in fullscreen on my right monitor, DayZ fullscreen on my middle monitor and This website/Ventrilo on my left monitor...All works fine.

Thanks for reporting in everyone. I will try updating my drivers. I thought this issue had more to do with the engine the game ran on but apparently I was wrong.

• Like 1

Thanks for reporting in everyone. I will try updating my drivers. I thought this issue had more to do with the engine the game ran on but apparently I was wrong.

What program are you using to watch videos?

I know with Windows Media Centre, full screen will black out all other screens when it is the 'primary' program. I run WMC in windowed mode, stretched as far as possible on one screen, Arma II full screen on the middle monitor and then web browers with the map on the third screen. Problem is, if you ever take away the primary program being Arma II (alt-tab), Arma II will minimize. Solution to this problem is having Arma 2 in windowed mode, but then my resolution doesn't work propertly. I don't alt-tab very often at all, so this isn't a huge issue. Would love a fixed windowed mode (aka Eve Online), but alas.