Sign in to follow this  
Argus (DayZ)

Slight Skill System

First off, This is a FPS/RPG...

So obviously there needs to be more RPG elements, Such as -

A skill system!

Construction, Repair, Maintenance, Medic, Gunnery?, Endurance, Etc... So forth, What ever your mind can think off.

Will take these few skills I've mentioned and try to break them down 1 by 1.

Construction: Rocket has mentioned adding construction to the game (http://www. youtube.com /watch?v=5CNh-Mp_KhQ) So yes gathering would make construction difficult. But, Making it even more of a prestiges thing is a requirement in my opinion. Such as getting a vehicle setup in the way the game is now, Yes it's rewarding, But it can be done in under 30 minutes (The whole process, i.e from spawning to completion). So how would it work, Obviously constructing something will lean your knowledge towards knowing more about obviously Constructing. Simple.

Repair: Fixing constructions, Fixing vehicles, etc...

Maintenance: This would require another feature, Gun decay, Breaking gun parts. Maintenance would obviously make it require less time/parts to fix a gun.

Medic: Obvious.

Gunnery: Not a fan of this one, But it's a suggestion, Shooting a gun, Increase accuracy and reduces sway.

Endurance: Increase in amount of time you can run before becoming winded. Increase the time between having to eat/drink. Aswell as maximum blood. Not sure how to approach eating/drink time delay, Or increased blood. But increasing time before becoming winded, Obviously more running.

But these skills should have a all around maximum cap, Without really being able to tell, But having to personally know where your skills lye.

By all around cap, I mean all skills should have a maximum with each affecting each other. Say:

(1500 Skill Cap)

Construction: 340

Repair: 135

Maintenance: 260

Medic: 100

Gunnery: 450

Endurance: 215

Optaining skills would also require you to obviously perform the activity.

Say you increased Construction it would lower another skill, Because the cap of all skills together is 1500.

Not sure how this would work, But I'm getting bored of the idea now, Because I'm not sure how it would work. Haha, Any suggestions? Any flame? Shoot...

But this would give a player, More attachment to the character they have, Because obviously you would lose these skills on death. As well as it giving more purpose to a persons life, Because having a medic, That doesn't have to use 3 morphine and 5 bandages to fix you up. Would be worthwhile.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 1

The WarZ is basically dayz with skills, so you my enjoy it ;)

First off, This is a FPS/RPG...

So obviously there needs to be more RPG elements, Such as -

First off, this is a FPS. Where are there ANY RPG elements? It is a milsim FPS with a zombie mod.

Shoot enemies- get 0xp

Story- none

Classes- none

Skills- none

Character/NPC interaction- none

Shops- none

Acquire new items- not an element specific to RPGs

Yea, After reading a few other skill's post, And thinking about it. This game, This idea, Would ruin it. Fuck that shit. Nope.

Where's the delete button? P=