Mojo (DayZ)

Made a new bandit skin for you guys

It would be awesome to see a reskin of the regular survivor model. I know diddily squat about ArmA and the texture formats, but Ive done quite a bit of texture work before, so I might see what I can do with that.

It's worth keeping in mind that I play bandit pretty much exclusively. I know exactly what I'm doing (and what I'm putting on my own head)' date=' and it's for the reasons Kage noted: I didn't want to give one set of players a stacked advantage at "blending in" over any other.

You want to know what the most effective method of stealth is? Concealment. Use concealment. Position your body behind trees. Place yourself behind walls. Sacrifice some vision to look [i']through that bush instead of around it.

Good field craft could have you wearing Day-Glo orange and covered in LEDs and nobody would be able to spot you.

i would tend to agree with you if the LOD in arma on the grass and bush wouldnt make you a red dot in a green flat plain at long range :-/ the grey/white one from the original skin was fine by me, but red is just too much red :P

It's worth keeping in mind that I play bandit pretty much exclusively. I know exactly what I'm doing (and what I'm putting on my own head)' date=' and it's for the reasons Kage noted: I didn't want to give one set of players a stacked advantage at "blending in" over any other.

You want to know what the most effective method of stealth is? Concealment. Use concealment. Position your body behind trees. Place yourself behind walls. Sacrifice some vision to look [i']through that bush instead of around it.

Good field craft could have you wearing Day-Glo orange and covered in LEDs and nobody would be able to spot you.

At Range, even with ATOC, the bushes and trees get reduced drastically and you are standing out with your clear lines against the ground.

And the thing you will see most is the head. So the head is actually the most important part of the concealment.

It is RED here ^^

You guys are arguing to make it harder to spot a bandit when the bandit skin should be something that allows non-PvPers the chance to spot and avoid you.

I think painting him entirely red would be just fine as it is a "consequence" not a reward to be sought out like I see the majority of players doing.

Nice initiative Mojo and great work, I hope rocket sees fit to allow you to reskin all the models to make this mod that much more unique.

You guys are arguing to make it harder to spot a bandit when the bandit skin should be something that allows non-PvPers the chance to spot and avoid you.

I think painting him entirely red would be just fine as it is a "consequence" not a reward to be sought out like I see the majority of players doing.

Nice initiative Mojo and great work' date=' I hope rocket sees fit to allow you to reskin all the models to make this mod that much more unique.

[/quote']

Why not ban all players with negative humanity?

Nice initiative Mojo and great work' date=' I hope rocket sees fit to allow you to reskin all the models to make this mod that much more unique.

[/quote']

non-pvpers should stay in high sec.

[/quote']

Let's not be dramatic now. "Consequence" is synonym for neither reward nor punishment. It's simply a consequence. I'm not going to volunteer my time to unbalance the game, even if that imbalance would serve me.

[/quote']

Let's not be dramatic now. "Consequence" is synonym for neither reward nor punishment. It's simply a consequence. I'm not going to volunteer my time to unbalance the game, even if that imbalance would serve me.

Everybody should wear some kind of camo.

Usual guys probably some Russian Camo. It lies around everywhere and it is only logical to get it in such a scenario. Who would run around in casual wear?

And Bandits would for sure most probably even more rely on camo because it is essential in their business to remain unseen until it is too late.

Everybody should wear some kind of camo.

Usual guys probably some Russian Camo. It lies around everywhere and it is only logical to get it in such a scenario. Who would run around in casual wear?

And Bandits would for sure most probably even more rely on camo because it is essential in their business to remain unseen until it is too late.

exactly

As Max said' date=' the red scarf is literally a painted target. I don't know about you, but, I'd never wear bright red clothing on my head (or any part of my body for that matter) if I was worried about being spotted or killed.

[/quote']

Well i have this to say to the OP: KUDOS to you for actually doing something while everyone else is just talking!

But i think this guy is right, is it possible to make it like dark blue or black maybe?

What exactly do you mean by "High Sec"? This isn't EVE and there is no safety net to prevent those not wanting to PvP from getting involved in it. With the bandit skin being slightly more visible it works much like defensive markings in nature (brightly colored frogs that are highly poisonous is a prime example), and it warns other players to be careful.

You consider me to be against PvP? Come find me and my group ingame and then tell me I'm against PvP (we have one of the top PvPers).

You consider me to be against PvP? Come find me and my group ingame and then tell me I'm against PvP (we have one of the top PvPers).

na you sure dont want that :D

we have one of the top PvPers

PLEASE tell me you guys don't seriously actually consider the ganking in DayZ to be competitive PvP in any way shape or form. That is some of the funniest shit I have read in these forums so far!

Top PvPers LOLOLOLOL! Oh god that is classic!

Let's get back to topic. How about if the red scarf is only given to players who have a big negative humanity like - 10000? I agree it's a bit too easy to spot but a guy with - 10000 humanity deserves it and I guess he can even handle it.

Why not use the Chernarussian Rebel skins for the bandits as they do look the part and fit the scenario better than KSK soldiers?

Why not use the Chernarussian Rebel skins for the bandits as they do look the part and fit the scenario better than KSK soldiers?

Because as Rocket said, Arma 2 OA/PMC/BAF units are the only ones that can use backpacks.

Nice work i almost want to kill some one to get that skin insted...

Any chance you do the same wite the more peceful survivors?

Remove the bandit and humanity system altogether and just have outfits spawn around the world that you can put on. I don't think murderers irl spontaniously turn into a german with a turbincoifbalcalva on their head.

Let's get back to topic. How about if the red scarf is only given to players who have a big negative humanity like - 10000? I agree it's a bit too easy to spot but a guy with - 10000 humanity deserves it and I guess he can even handle it.

If anything a mass murderer should get a stealthier outfit the more kills he has, afterall if he has managed to survive that long he can't be a complete retard wearing a bright red scarf on his head.

In my opinion it should be the other way around, a bandit should have the red scarf until around - 60k humanity, then change to the more camouflaged scarf.

Remove the bandit and humanity system altogether and just have outfits spawn around the world that you can put on. I don't think murderers irl spontaniously turn into a german with a turbincoifbalcalva on their head.

I don't think rifles, cans of food, ammo, water and medical supplies spontaneously spawn inside buildings every 20 minutes IRL either there buckaroo.

• Like 1

Don't let these kids affect you, they have no constructive argument.

Nice work, i'd like to see more from you.