D2Dominator

I'm forever "Requesting Character data from server"

1.5.7 ran perfectly, and now 1.58 will no longer get into a game.

I sit reading the server chat waiting patiently for the "Requesting Character Data from server" message to come through.

I've played armaII, Arrowhead, and Combined operations multiplayer without issue, re-installed twice, and tried the battleye re-install through steam.

Everything seems to be in order, but I can never connect to a single server. I'm stuck staring at this black screen.... Requesting my character data apparently.

Anyone have any insight? I'd really like to get back to playing...

-D2

Still Nothing? I can't believe no one else has had this problem... I've now reinstalled 4 times.

This is getting frustrating!

I've now removed Steam, all of the Armas, and all remenence of Dayz from my PC.

I'll check back in after the re-install.

re-installed everything... didn't work. I eventually loaded into a debug field after about 15 minutes. Gave up after waiting for 5 more in that screen after hitting abort and relaoding into the server.

Sigh...

Yeah I have been having that issue for almost two weeks now.

Ive tried uninstalling, removing the data etc etc. I managed to get in contact with Rocket and he said it was a data issue on the servers end. He said 1.5.8 would fix it, and fixed it for me temporarily supposedly.

I still havent been able to get in. :(.

so i'm not the only one!

I've loaded into the debug field 3 times now, after waiting to get my character data for 15 or more minutes.

I wonder what would happen if I rolled the install back to 1.57? I can play the Arma Series just fine, so its specific to DayZ.

I just want to play with my buds!

Hopefully there will be a resolution soon.

-Pete

Are you trying the same server each time? Are you loading during peak hours? Where are you located? US? UK?

I've tried 33 different servers, with the same result. I litterally try to load into them all day.

I'm located in Boston MA.

I've cleared my drive of everything arma, and tried to reinstall clean to recieve the same results. I can play both arma2, and OA without issue.

When I verify the steam cache, I get the same message over and over again.

"1 file failed to validate, and will be reaquired" Its always 1.4kb and has happend 13 times so far.

I'm not sure that has any relevance.

-D2

There's been a MASSIVE spike in player base. I didn't think it was an actual issue, but too much use on the server that holds our character data. Logging out and back in and back out and back in and back out and back in can't possibly help that situation. Mind you, I know nothing about servers, but if they're experiencing heavier than expected character data retrieving, and the server is bogged down, spamming it with data requests can't possibly help the situation.

It seems to vary based on time of day. I usually get in game almost immediately early in the morning. Often, times like now, when I'm just getting home, I can be stuck at that screen for litterally 10+ minutes. As long as I don't see the red-broken-chain icon, I always eventually appear in game. When you get that red-broken chain icon, that's when I seem to appear in debug forest.

I would agree with you... but i've never gotten into game. Only into the debug field.

and my log in frequency is once ever 25 minutes or so... once i reach the field of dreams, I quit.

While I do experience the same issue, mine isn't constant. I'd say it happens to me every 3 log ins or so.

Sometimes I can get in right away, and some times it takes so long that I give up and just find a different server. I do notice that if the server has less people, I can pretty much get in game almost instantly. However, if the game room is full, it takes me a good 15min to load in

otherwise it won't load and just stays at requesing data from server.

I just tried to get into a server with 2 people in it... 12 minutes of character data, and loaded into the field of dreams.

I wonder if is PC based? If I install on another machine, perhaps it will allow me to get in? I worry that I'm stuck to a certain degree because of steam. I can't actually verify my files which is totally odd... I wonder if anyone else experiences the same thing with the verification of steam files re downloading the same file time and time again. Anyone willing to try the verification?

-D2

Sorry to bring up an old topic but did you ever figure this out? I've been having the same issue with the new 1.8 update and hive servers. Wiped everything, fresh install, verified the files on steam, played A2, OA and Beta from the library, no problems. DayZ Commander shows I'm running the proper versions, has the settings for steam checked. I can join most servers with no lag or problem but no matter how I try to run it, it's the same result...freezes at "Requesting Character data from server". The counter in the corner sometimes makes it to 1, not often though. Any ideas what else I could try???

Almost forgot, I keep getting a 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SVD_CAMO_DZ/Single_Sniper.multiplier' message during loading, right before it always freezes.

Edited by P2J2

my to!, but i didnt get 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SVD_CAMO_DZ/Single_Sniper.multiplier'

istead i get  'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ItemNails and i just dont get it, this has been happening for almost a week now