Sign in to follow this  
Chalkie

Cigarettes!

You can't have Cigarettes without Alcohol, so put some fluid in them empty Whisky bottles! :)

Crap idea anyway, smoking is bad for you.. but then what the heck... so are zombies and loot stealing bandits!

• Like 1

You can't have Cigarettes without Alcohol, so put some fluid in them empty Whisky bottles! :)

Crap idea anyway, smoking is bad for you.. but then what the heck... so are zombies and loot stealing bandits!

Yes... whiskey as a painkiller and later gasoline as a molotov. Seriosly every time I see an empty whiskey bottle I think "MOLOTOV!".

Zeromentor I think because of your situation with your sister you have taken this suggestion a little seriously. While I sympathise with her addiction lets firstly establish that she can in fact go 4 hours without a smoke....sorry it's a pet hate of mine when people throw the word literally around but don't actually use it correctly (eg the way you have used it suggests you sister "literally" can not go 4 hours without one, as in she will literally die/cease to exist if she doesn't have one). But I get your point. I would just like to add that I have been smoking for around 8 years now and have managed to keep it to one pack a week. Consistently. Personally I believe it can be moderated however I am not discounting the health effects this will have on me.

Now back to the issue. My main point is that the way I see it the developers really want to make this mod as realistic as possible...let's face it, that's why we all love it so much. Cigarettes should be included simply because the absence of them would go against the realism of the game and they really would be a viable currency item due to their popularity.

I would like to add (now this will be controversial) that those who become addicted to cigarettes gain a small hunger bonus as cigarettes can surpress appetite. Yes I am going a little far with this, but there needs to be a payoff for smoking in the game.

The other suggestions on the mechanics by people are awesome. Remember that in a zombie populated, post apocalyptic world there would be very few luxuries left to enjoy.

You're right, my use of, "Literally" was inappropriate. But my side of the family has temper issues, and although my sister wouldn't die from not smoking, the rest of us are in fear for our lives when the 3rd hour starts to roll by...

Edited by Zeromentor
  • Like 1

Huge +1 for this idea. MGS style!

Just the stress from playing dayz makes me want a smoke(I quit over a year ago). In a real zombie apocalypse im pretty sure I'd be chain smoking(average life is about 4 hours now? you'll be dead long before the cancer gets you)

To the haters: its just a game guys. Virtual smoking won't give you cancer or force you to smoke IRL. Promise.

Edited by eldritch
  • Like 1

Cigs don't reduce pain, they would not replace painkillers. That's just dumb.

The only function I could see Cigs doing in the game is reducing blood count slowly until you die. They could also make you cough, run out of breath faster, run slower, blur vision, give you the shakes...

It IS a simulator right?

this is stupid as fuck and i refuse to bean any of you morons who want cigarettes added.

• Like 1

Blakorr...congratulations on missing the entire point. You are the freaking moron. Please think before you post next time.

• Like 1

Okay let me get this...

You can be shot down, eaten alive, die of hunger/thirst or bleed to death

usually one of these reasons apply when you die

the average survival time is 45 mins

why in gods name do you think about lung cancer or smoking addiction? you are in a freakin zombie-apocalypse

i mean even if there are negative or positve features to smoking i wouldnt care - cause laying down with a broken leg, waiting for a horde of zombies storming your way and just one bullet left isnt enough - the cigarette turns you into a badass ;)

They need to be in the game

Edited by Floxer

Was just about to add this suggestion myself when I found that many people before me had already suggested it.

I personally want to smoke and get pissed in-game. Maslow's hierarchy of needs, yo. First you need food and shelter, safety from zombies. Once that's taken care of - party with friends.

A lot of people would love it. They already hang out and treat half the game as a social MMO. Step further I say :)

But let's not add sex. Not enough gender balance.

I don't know about you, but if I was running around the wilderness being chased by zombies I would love a cigarette.

It could help to calm nerves instead of "painkillers".

Yes it is may seem a little redundant, but it should be included for completeness sake. In the event of a zombie apocalypse we all know they would be a very sort after luxury

Besides...I just want to take a screenshot of my character mowing down a group of zombies with a dart in his mouth..

Really? LOL! That makes no sense..

Thread is regarding the mod and from 2012. Closed.