Sacrred

DayZ FOR XBOX 360!!

With all the key bindings and everything? No, impossible.

Look there are many reasons why DayZ isn't ready for Xbox, we know that. Hopefully now, lessons are learned and we can move on.

It's a MOD not a game. MODS usually aren't for consoles. If you want to play with MODS, play on PC.

Also, it's still in alpha, i think expanding to consoles is on the bottom of the development team's list.

Reasons why it wouldn't work:

1. The console isn't powerful enough, maybe the new Xbox, but doubtful.

2. The controller simply doesn't have enough buttons atleast, without being reduced a large amount, or without some VERY good planning and mapping, but even then it may be complicated.

3. The game is in alpha, a very unstable and buggy alpha.

4. This is a HARDCORE game for HARDCORE gamers, how many HARDCORE gamers are there that are A: not lying B: not just trying to be cool C: doesn't play CoD, Halo, or Viva Pinata specifically because it's the only good game ever and the company who made it is the only good one, they're very few and far between on consoles now a days.

The console would slow down development time anyways.

Also the console carebears would flood the forums asking to disable pvp.

Edited by Sam.B

It would be nice for me to actually be able to play this game without having to either turn the graphics all the way down or buy an expensive pc. Honestly, the arma graphics aren't that good. An xbox version with the cryengine would be VERY nice, or a pc version with the cryengine. Its all around better-it runs smoother, it can render the huge map, and the graphics are a ton better. I don't know why I can run crysis on this pc and it looks good while i can barely run arma and it looks terrible

There are fucking billions of controls in this game it seems like. Xbox has 10 buttons not counting the thumstick or the dashboard button.

It would be nice for me to actually be able to play this game without having to either turn the graphics all the way down or buy an expensive pc. Honestly, the arma graphics aren't that good. An xbox version with the cryengine would be VERY nice, or a pc version with the cryengine. Its all around better-it runs smoother, it can render the huge map, and the graphics are a ton better. I don't know why I can run crysis on this pc and it looks good while i can barely run arma and it looks terrible

I dont think you know what the Xbox can even do... they had to dumb down crysis 2 just to get it to start up, even then it had severe studdering.

my computer plays crysis 2 at 300fps maxxed.

Yet Arma 2 i break 100 if im lucky.

lol it was a suggestion guys, everyones hating on console...... chill chill chill! now lets just settle this, console is far better and more sophisticated than pc now ;) Trolololol

Obviously a kid that knows nothing about PCs.

You do know the Xbox360 is just for games, and the PC is not for gaming only, but it excells at it far better than xbox does.

And besides, Arma 3 is coming with DayZ on.

If bohemia does not release Arma 3 on Xbox360 wich I highly doubt they will, then no DayZ for you sir.

Perhaps if the controls were a bit more intuitive, they could translate well to a 360 controller. I tried making a configuration with xpadder for my wired 360 controller (I was going to play the game on the tv using my alienware laptop), but it didn't work out. Besides, mouse beats controller every time for aiming, especially in a game like Day Z where the zombies are slippery as shit when running.

ARMA 2 is not a well optimized game, when it comes to graphics.

It's also very CPU intensive, which is part of the reason it's so difficult to get it running at really high graphics, along with the fact that it has a massive draw distance to deal with.

I mean, look at Fallout: NV. It looks like ass, but you still need a good computer to get it running at top graphics. This is partly due to the engine being poorly optimized, and partly due to the massive maps that it's drawing, especially compared to your average console FPS.

Yes, I know that FO3 and NV run on Xbox. Look how glitchy and laggy it is!

Now imagine trying to run ARMA 2 on one, and... it just doesn't work.

Maybe if Rocket adopted a different game engine, or spent a while making the ARMA engine work smoothly...

Hahahah, no modern console would be able to handle ArmA 2 or any game using the Arma Engine. I'd much rather prefer it stayed on the PC.

If an Xbox even attempted to emulate a windows based OS and run a awe inspiring game such as Arma, it would just explode.

Not only is is physically and logically impossible to get Dayz on Console, but 95% of the community would be apposed to it.

if the majority of this game's community already plays this like a deathmatch, what do you think console will be like?

if the majority of this game's community already plays this like a deathmatch, what do you think console will be like?

I don't know, I can't see the 12 year old CoD players having the patience for a game like Day Z. If you want to make things interesting, make it possible to cannibalize survivors. Then shit will get serious.

Skyrim is 41.4 square kilometers, Chernarus is 225 square kilometers. Skyrim has problems running, imagine DayZ. I can tell you for sure that it wont run faster than a paraplegic. Maybe the next generation console can run it, but until then, tough luck.

I don't know, I can't see the 12 year old CoD players having the patience for a game like Day Z. If you want to make things interesting, make it possible to cannibalize survivors. Then shit will get serious.

The game would turn to crap and the esrb rating would skyrocket with cannibalism. Aside from that, the console won't even be able to run it.