Sign in to follow this  
iLLxTyphus

How do i set a max ping on my server??

Theoretically you set it in your BEServer.cfg. That's in theory. In practice, I have mine set to 250 in that file, and no one ever gets kicked. I have to manually kick obnoxiously high pings.

In your BattlEye.cfg located in your BE working directory.

Add the following line. Feel free to change the MS Figure to what you require.

MaxPing 250

If you're having issues finding your BE.cfg try this.

If your Startup Parameter is something like the following

-port=1234 -mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ;@Hive -name=Server-DayZ -config=E:\Server-DayZ\Server-DayZ.cfg -cfg=E:\Server-DayZ\Arma2-DayZ.cfg -profiles=E:\Server-DayZ

-name=Server-DayZ -config=E:\Server-DayZ\Server-DayZ.cfg -cfg=E:\Server-DayZ\Arma2-DayZ.cfg -profiles=E:\Server-DayZ

This will look for a directory in the root of your E Drive or I'm guessing your local C Drive in your case edit and change the above to suit you (it's only an example). It should create a BattlEye folder in your specified working directory.

Edited by Inch

Edit the file cfgdayz\battleye\beserver.cfg

RConPassword if_u_want_an_rcon_password_aswell

MaxPing 150

And delete the current active file cfgdayz\battleye\BEServer_active_XXXXXX.cfg

If u dont delete the above file it wont use your new setttings.

Then restart your server & u should be good..

After u restart your server there should be a new cfgdayz\battleye\BEServer_active_XXXXXX.cfg with your new settings...

Edited by Torndeco

Again, that's all great theory. In practice, I've never seen anyone actually kicked above that ping value, on my server (and yes, I know it's using the correct cfg, no strange active issues).

So YMMV with that method. Be prepared to manually kick obnoxious pings if you see them.