Sign in to follow this  
bezzy14

Will my computer run dayZ

I have a question, will my computer run dayZ? My processor is 2.20 GHz, my RAM is 2 GB and my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS. Please I would like a answer fast!

Depends on if that 2.2ghz is a modern dual/quad core or an older single core. Based on the pairing with an 8400GS, I'm going to guess its the latter.

In that case, probably not on anymore more than very low detail at low resolution.

If for whatever reason you're on a limited budget and want that computer to do what it can, upgrade the CPU to whatever your socket can handle from ebay and put a modern graphics card in there. That should make the game playable.

Hmm... Strangely that sounds a lot... and a LOT... like my old Dell M1330. (2.4 Ghz Core2Duo, 2GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8400m GS)

If that's the case, the answer is no. Source? I tried running it. Got like <5 FPS on lowest. Sorry dude.

Hello there

Easiest thing to do is try Arma2free.

See how it runs.

Rgds

LoK

dont judge by arma 2 free, it takes MUCH more power to run it when it has dayz installed, my advice would be no, the graphics card is the biggest thing with dayz and it doesnt change much with lowering graphics because mine runs with ok frames and I have 3gb of ram, and a 2.80Ghz proccessor. In the end I would probably look to upgrading before putting out your $20. Oh but once you have optimized your PC, it is definitely worth it. :) Hope I helped

dont judge by arma 2 free, it takes MUCH more power to run it when it has dayz installed, my advice would be no, the graphics card is the biggest thing with dayz and it doesnt change much with lowering graphics because mine runs with ok frames and I have 3gb of ram, and a 2.80Ghz proccessor. In the end I would probably look to upgrading before putting out your $20. Oh but once you have optimized your PC, it is definitely worth it. :) Hope I helped

Yep, you'd need a big upgrade, just like this guy's saying.

Pro-tip if you're going to upgrade..

An I5-2500k and 7850 can handle DayZ fairly well.

Both overclock like beasts.