rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

RELEASE THE UPDATE NOW

is closely followed by...

HOW COULD YOU EVER RELEASE SUCH AN UPDATE

Yes please don't rush it! :)

Oh dear, I am beginning to receive private entreaties.

It's nice to be so wanted, but you don't have to be so saucy about it!

Oh dear, I am beginning to receive private entreaties.

It's nice to be so wanted, but you don't have to be so saucy about it!

Hahahahaha...just gimme a little bit! :lol:

You're barking up the wrong tree dude, Rocket didn't make the change, the Arma update did:

it's kinda splitting hairs at this point

it seems to have specifically affected the weapons used in DayZ

Edited by daze23
  • Like 1

And also not in any patch notes over there.

Rest assured, my patch notes will be immaculate!

Edited by 1.7.2.4
  • Like 1

<---------------off topic but i dont care its my 300-GIF.gif post :)

So you're going to dine in hell tonight?

• Like 1

Don't change the damage rocket. I love how you need to be skilled to kill the zeds now 1 shorting them with a pistol was too easy.

I like how choosing a pistol will be based on ammo not dmg as much because I never thought the g17 or pdw as a option since you can 1 shot a zed with a 1911 so why would you take it.

Now it's like we'll the pdw/g17/m9 you can carry more ammo and use less slots plus have more chance at getting the headshot on the zeds.

I like this kind of on the go thinking a positive addition whether it was ment or otherwise in my opinion.

Alsothat it might take more shots to kill other players is awesome too there is nothing better than being in a massive firefight. And taking a hit and getting pat he'd up to flank around or go in.

The confusion that happens in those moments is sometimes unforgettable with friends. Since the outcomes change as we get better at communicating.

• Like 1

How come a few servers already has the update?

Like norway 1, norway 2, and a few others..

Norway 2 went down to apply the update without issuing a warning, rendering me unable to save my ATV.

/pissed off

Edited by kadude

Norway 2 went down to apply the update without issuing a warning, rendering me unable to save my ATV.

/pissed off

I love the avatar pic kadude it's almost Identical

Splitting hairs?

You're blaming Rocket for changes to weapons in a game that he made a mod for.

I think you've got your "figures of speech" confused.. I had it right with "barking up the wrong tree"

Splitting hairs would be if he had them make the changes or something.. he had nothing to do with it.

I'm not splitting hairs, I'm trying to educate you and others who are complaining in this forum about the weapon damage changes.

I'll say it again. You're barking up the wrong tree. ;)

• Like 4

Currently testing:

5 second "idle" time upon disconnect, player will sit down during this.

Is there a way that you could make it where if the character is attacked, it restarts the 5/10 second idle timer?

Edited by Rek Seven

/pissed off

Testing purposes before it's released.

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

How is this a new feature? Everytime I glitched to the debug area I would always spawn on the beach on my next login.

Splitting hairs?

You're blaming Rocket for changes to weapons in a game that he made a mod for.

I think you've got your "figures of speech" confused.. I had it right with "barking up the wrong tree"

Splitting hairs would be if he had them make the changes or something.. he had nothing to do with it.

I'm not splitting hairs, I'm trying to educate you and others who are complaining in this forum about the weapon damage changes.

I'll say it again. You're barking up the wrong tree. ;)

we don't know if he did or didn't "have nothing to do with it"

I'm just not gonna assume either until we get some kind of official word

It balanced the lower end firearms to approximately where they should be for noise and damage potential compared to the higher end gear.....it really makes sense. ARMA2 needed the change.

For Dayz....hey that's what headshots are for on zombies....brings more risk to the starter game that folks were complaining was too easy but i'm sure if balance gets way off rocket will adjust the zeds to fix it.

good grief you wacko whiners....let it ride and see what happens.

thats right im going to Elektro !!!

Welcome, to another edition of Thunderdome!

aunty-entity.jpg

It balanced the lower end firearms to approximately where they should be for noise and damage potential compared to the higher end gear.....it really makes sense. ARMA2 needed the change.

For Dayz....hey that's what headshots are for on zombies....brings more risk to the starter game that folks were complaining was too easy but i'm sure if balance gets way off rocket will adjust the zeds to fix it.

good grief you wacko whiners....let it ride and see what happens.

So they're tiering kit irrespective of the actual physics involved. That doesn't strike you as gamey?

we don't know if he did or didn't "have nothing to do with it"

I'm just not gonna assume either until we get some kind of official word

Fair enough. :)

I just don't want to see people complaining about stuff that Rocket didn't do.

He gets enough shit for the things he actually does do. ;)

Hopefully the mass-death and teleport stuff is next on list. I'm honestly on a DayZ vacation/break until that gets sorted. It gets tiresome to start over again not because someone outsmarted you, or outplayed you... nor because you got unlucky or took too many chances... but because some bored child googled his way to a mass-death script for ArmA/DayZ.

Keep up the work Rocket. I think DayZ can go far, and it's come quite a ways already.

Find a way to counter the mass-death stuff though.. and then (this is just a plea from someone who wants DayZ to be a survival sim and not another straightup mil-sim) work on making military grade weapons in the game much more rare, and ammo alot more scarce. Most zombie-survival movies or series you see the survivors have limited weapons. Half the time they are unarmed or using improvised weapons like bats, tablelegs, crowbars... and for firearms they have mostly handguns... assorted shotguns and maybe one guy has a hunting rifle. You rarely see them run around in ghillie suits, carrying M249's, Dragunov sniper rifles and whatmore. That's something you see in Rambo movies, not zombie/apocalypse movies.

In fact, part of what makes it exciting is that the survivors only have limited weapons and ammunition, and as a result they can't simply gun down everything. Where would the suspense and thrill be if they all had machineguns ?

• Like 1

Hopefully the mass-death and teleport stuff is next on list. I'm honestly on a DayZ vacation/break until that gets sorted. It gets tiresome to start over again not because someone outsmarted you, or outplayed you... nor because you got unlucky or took too many chances... but because some bored child googled his way to a mass-death script for ArmA/DayZ.

Keep up the work Rocket. I think DayZ can go far, and it's come quite a ways already.

Find a way to counter the mass-death stuff though.. and then (this is just a plea from someone who wants DayZ to be a survival sim and not another straightup mil-sim) work on making military grade weapons in the game much more rare, and ammo alot more scarce. Most zombie-survival movies or series you see the survivors have limited weapons. Half the time they are unarmed or using improvised weapons like bats, tablelegs, crowbars... and for firearms they have mostly handguns... assorted shotguns and maybe one guy has a hunting rifle. You rarely see them run around in ghillie suits, carrying M249's, Dragunov sniper rifles and whatmore. That's something you see in Rambo movies, not zombie/apocalypse movies.

In fact, part of what makes it exciting is that the survivors only have limited weapons and ammunition, and as a result they can't simply gun down everything. Where would the suspense and thrill be if they all had machineguns ?

Has anyone seen any mass teleport or other server wide hacks since about 18 hours ago?

Umm, it's easy to cheat because Battleye sucks. Rocket cannot do much there.