rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Rocket could you please fix the .45s? They currently take 3 - 4 shots to drop a zed. I wouldn't mind if it was changed to two but I do miss revolvers working well.

<-------- See my Avatar to the left please.

* [NEW] The ocean is made of beans.

* [NEW] Any contact with beans against zombies will kill them.

* [NEW] 100 more weapons that puke out beans.

* [NEW] Fountains in city with beans

* [NEW] Brick buildings replaced with beans

* [NEW] Ground replaced with beans

* [NEW] flower, cows and rabbits replaced with beans

* [NEW] Players replaced with beans.

* [NEW] BEAAAAAAAAANS.

I believe this would increase the reality in this mod.

Edited by Shazman
  • Like 3

ROCKET:

Just wondering if the ATV is suppose to have so many wheels or what? I think it has about 8 wheels total in the "repair wheel blahblah" menu and not sure where all those extra wheels are going but was wondering if that's just a bug with the ATV or is it suppose to have that many wheels? Never known any ATV to have more than 4 wheels on it.

Your seeing the wheel spaces that would be on the bus ...just fix the ones you would normally on a car

• Like 1

please stop using the ugliest colour known to man.

Sorry babycakes, I just can't get enough of it!

Your seeing the wheel spaces that would be on the bus ...just fix the ones you would normally on a car

You have my beans good sir. Thank you. Was wondering why my ATV magically had 4 extra wheel repair sections on it and now I know, and can ignore the extras.

Keep lots of zombies, keep the tents, get rid of barbed wire and the game is awesome how you've set it up so far. Keep up the good work! Don't make it easy mode please, too many games have been ruined because they've been fitted for retards.

All too perfect, but would prefer 10 sec instead of 5.

Rocket wanted to ask you something, being thought of a solution to increase the PVP. I say things like region control, tools for camp defense.

Will do well to mod such increment I have done something encouraging creation of factions in the servers BRA1 and BRA2.

If rocket were to add a ban retards button on the forums. This could actually be quite a peaceful place.

Edited by Dez.

If rocket were to add a ban retards button on the forums. This could actually be quite a peaceful place.

yeah...I would use it on you....please post forum suggestions where they belong....

Edited by Drogur

if rocket were to add a ban button for "think to much of themselves". Only u would get a ban

There's so much wrong in this post I don't even know where to begin.

In real life, you wouldn't be restricted to a square area in russia either. In real life, you'd still store items somewhere, tents is DayZ's solution to that. In real life, you'd sleep, do you want your character to be forced to sleep 6-8 hours a day as well? The real life argument doesn't work because this is a game.

Your corpse despawning when you respawn? Do you realize how stupid that would be? "I was killed by someone, hehe, I'll just hit the respawn button and he won't be able to collect the spoils." You'd have a huge uprise in people complaining about that, that's for sure.

yeah but there has to be a line. in real life, there would be what, 7 bill infected? we would not be restricted to a certain area, however at least for a while any safehouse would be temporary. tents have turned into permanent guarded bases, and with no roaming hordes out there i think that is much more unrealistic. also, the bigger groups clearly have the advantage. in real life there is no respawn. so if you take away tents and despawn the body, that dude would either have to actually look for equipment again, or hope his buddies hav extra. if they do, it would be taking up precious space in their packs. id rather have the guys that already have unlimited gear to have to find it again then me go get his. anyway, the groups im talking about likely will have already hunted you down and killed you for killing one of them anyway. unless you dimension hop.

and the real life argument does work, because that is the goal.

ps there should never ever be a city of 10 tents with so much stuff in them the stuff disappears from being to full. that really is a problem.

those guys dont even have to play anymore. they just run straight for their city and re equip with the best gear in the game. none of this is realistic to me. at least there needs to be some kind of risk/danger to these ridiculous tenst cities. this is one of the biggest contributors to the pvp epidemic, they dont care about death and dont have to.

Edited by sivart
  • Like 1

you realize using different colours does not get you more attention. it gets you skipped
  • Like 1

You know 1 major thing I notice when reading the posts in these pending update/ rolling update threads.

Everyone is so SERIOUS!!!!

It's amazing some of you guys play video games at all.

I'm pretty sure games are meant to be fun????

So can we all start having fun yet?

I know Rocket is with changing the date :P

Rocket must be tired.

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

it was a joke ..... read back about 2o pages

I can't wait for this to drop. Finally, no more respawn spam dying in the feed.

Really hope you plan on changing the damage back around. If you want Zeds stronger, simply increase their health. The effect these changes have on PVP is what is really bugging me the most.

I can't kill a person with a full clip of a 1911 to the chest? Really? Even CoD or Battlefied have more realism than that. I'm not trying to bust your balls here, as I trust you know that is ridiculous and you'll change it somehow, but damn.

One part of this change I agree with in concept is keeping 9mm caliber streamlined. However, I'd like to see the other 9mms brought up to the Makarovs old damage rather than seeing them all dropped to their now terrible damage.

• Like 1

Really hope you plan on changing the damage back around. If you want Zeds stronger, simply increase their health. The effect these changes have on PVP is what is really bugging me the most.

I can't kill a person with a full clip of a 1911 to the chest? Really? Even CoD or Battlefied have more realism than that. I'm not trying to bust your balls here, as I trust you know that is ridiculous and you'll change it somehow, but damn.

One part of this change I agree with in concept is keeping 9mm caliber streamlined. However, I'd like to see the other 9mms brought up to the Makarovs old damage rather than seeing them all dropped to their now terrible damage.

You're barking up the wrong tree dude, Rocket didn't make the change, the Arma update did:

http://dayzdb.com/news/weapon-changes-in-arma2-162

I'm sure it'll be worked out, in the meantime, stop trying to pvp with a sidearm, use a DMR from 400m away like the other player killers. :P

• Like 1

I believe it was the arma beta patch that messed about with the damage value, not Rocket's patch (which isn't out yet, he changed nothing).

EDIT: Pfffft, I always get ninja'ed. Gotta stop typing with one hand.

Edited by Max Planck