rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Rocket,

Seriously, stop adding such stupid changes

I did not buy arma 2 for theses and im sure plenty of others

Remember what made the game great to start with and now you are ruining it.

Ive said this before but people dont listen.

But look at people complaining now ! alot of them isnt there !

taking away guns, stupid bear traps and now removing the respawn utton

If you want these changes dont force us players to test them either. Do it behind closed doors with your own testing.

Hell if the mod is that great im sure you can get a small group to test such silly implimentations

Ive give this mod a chance Rocket, to many chances but you are taking more away from the player.

Alpha or not, its no excuse.

As much as an expert as I am sure you are, what did this add to the conversation? Every change is meant to either test or fix some error. You bought Arma 2 because you saw some video on You Tube and wanted to be in the cool kids group. Calm down and go play something else until you see a video proclaiming how awesome DayZ is again. I bet the waters will be safe for you and your swimmies then.

Wonder if you are still glad if someone turned you into a cow and you can not move anywhere and do nothing at all than wait and die of hunger and/ or thirst. Happy waiting on this one... Even if rocket promised no one will spawn in DebugHills anymore... if it happens to you anyways you will no longer be happy about this.

Your post reminds me of the woman driving a camping bus pressing the auto cruise button (which is intended to maintain speed at the previous level). She stood up, left the steering wheel, took a few steps in the back of her camping bus (that still was driving about 50mph) to make some coffee. Of course, the camping bus left for a little offroad trip, finally stopped by a tree. The woman sued the maker of the camping bus, as she expected "auto cruise" to do the entire job for her. The point is: If you press a button and do this accidentially (or don't know what this button does), do not blame others for the consequences.

Rocket said in an interview not to long ago that he intended to add a suicide animation to the game that you access in game, though I suppose you'd have to find a weapon before you could blow your own brains out. Anyways, it doesn't really matter what your or my opinions on the matter are at this point, if rocket feels like they need to test what kind of impact removing the respawn button will have on the game then he is well within in his right to do it, because alphas are for testing mechanics that have an impact on gameplay. He's not a stubborn guy, if it turns out to hurt the game he'll put it back in.

....ok so it didnt come out on the 25th so now it is slated to come out ...... on the 24th? does he mean the 24th of august or some shit or was rockett just tired as shit when he updated this?

little clarification WHEN THE FUCK IS THE UPDATE, my server has already gone onto some wildly unstable beta+beta patch and now no one plays on my server and it says it is waiting for the dayz patch to release. should I roll back if its going to be a month for the next patch? or wtf.

Dammit rocket you do realize NO ONE CARES about any of these fixes until the hackers are dealt with as well........ and I have yet to see "hackers wont be able to teleport you spawn in items script kill or generally take over the entire game". Please rocket lock out ALL client side access to item creation.... there is NO REASON to allow users any item creation control other than picking things up from loot piles.

Gotta prioritize man, your game is 100% non playable right now for 1 reason and 1 reason only, hackers. Never had I played a game that hackers are able to have more control and freedom than the server admins let alone be able to take over entire servers and do things even admins cant do with such ease.

I love your game and dont mean to bitch at you I know ur crazy busy with the business side of things not just the game dev but trust me your game will die in cancer fire if you dont fix this hacking like yesterday.

I say Fook battle eye it is obviously redundant and any anti cheat prog that is so easy to bypass should be taken to court for false advertising at least and criminal false business practices at worst. Lock out any client side item creation and seeing as all admins can do is kick and ban there should be NO reason to have any other functionality available like Rcon.

A drunk monkey with a knife taped to its hand offers better protection than this piece of shite program rocket, drop it all together and do it yourself.

....unexpected rant over sorry again.

Grow up.

Also, you say "fook battle eye" really, you think he's got a say in that? DayZ is a mod. A mod.

When will zombies be fixed? they see me from a mile away, no kidding. Not even realistic at this point.

Target date:

* Wednesday 25 July 2012 (GMT)

* Updated to Tuesday 24 July 2012 (GMT)

Wut?

Removing tents would remove part of the whole "survival" feel to the game. I for 1 would set a tent IRL in the woods to store stuff and stay at in ANY kind of major Apocalypse (not the revelation kind either)

i respect your opinion here, but in reality in a real apocalypse situation, especially one with zombie/infected, a perma tent wouldnt really work. your not likely to stay in the same place for long enough to utilize that. you arent going to be storing things in a tent. unless you can get some kind of stronghold, in which case you wouldnt need a tent anyway, you will likely be on the move for the foreseeable future, taking with you only what you can carry. fuel would run out rather quickly. even a siphon would have a limited viability, as fuel goes bad after a time.

my vote goes to eliminating tents all together. it sure as shit would make dying horrible. no 30 min regear. would change some play-styles to actually try to survive.

-but keep vehicles and storage in the vehicles.

also, a body should despawn once the player respawns and becomes alive again, on the same server. its stupid that you can loot your own body. so having 10 clanmates guard your dead corpse so you can "reclaim" your gear would be gone.

I have run out of the debug area before... yeah its a bit of a hike but if you follow the directions of the clouds then you will be fine.... ohh and you need food.

doesnt seem like it should be getting so many complaints... but im glad it is fixed

Target date:

Current Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

Yesssss.... my helicopters came back ! aaannnnddd. da faq is with that 24 July ? 26th now ;)

When will zombies be fixed? they see me from a mile away, no kidding. Not even realistic at this point.

As opposed to those real life zombies who dont see you unless you walk up to them and hand them a limb?

• Like 3

I wish we could have less zombies in the middle of nowhere and like 500 shambling in large hoards in the citys I don't really feel it's realistic to find 20 zombies 20 miles in the country next to a shed.

• Like 1

better to remove the cloning veshey which I threw into the sypport and removed all the video stuff and technique in its place. that poleklo for a greater interest in search of trophies because everything is up in the thick of things

Any future changes for the revolver + m1911? Currently, they are pretty much the same as the makarov. And they are louder

So they are pretty much (in my opinion) useless.

Will this massive damage drop affect the spawn chance/ammo amount?

I don't think it was intended. but no official word yet...

This topic is for information of the status of the next update.

Affected Addons:

* dayz_code

* dayz_server (server)

* HiveEXT.dll (server)

Target date:

Current Changelog (WIP):

* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play

* [NEW] Optimized authentication process on login

* [NEW] Singleplayer mode disabled when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] DayZ Logo and Version Number appear in game when DayZ is loaded

* [NEW] Hive now tracks login/logout (to assist in analysis for an ALT+F4 solution)

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position

* [NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

This is not a final list.

Only confirmed items are placed on here, and the page is updated each time. Some things are expected to be in the update, but are not in the list yet, because they have not been finished and confirmed in the update.

So, It's now Thursday July 26........ how can this be released on tuesday? Did rocket invent time travel?

• Like 1

i respect your opinion here, but in reality in a real apocalypse situation, especially one with zombie/infected, a perma tent wouldnt really work. your not likely to stay in the same place for long enough to utilize that. you arent going to be storing things in a tent. unless you can get some kind of stronghold, in which case you wouldnt need a tent anyway, you will likely be on the move for the foreseeable future, taking with you only what you can carry. fuel would run out rather quickly. even a siphon would have a limited viability, as fuel goes bad after a time.

my vote goes to eliminating tents all together. it sure as shit would make dying horrible. no 30 min regear. would change some play-styles to actually try to survive.

-but keep vehicles and storage in the vehicles.

also, a body should despawn once the player respawns and becomes alive again, on the same server. its stupid that you can loot your own body. so having 10 clanmates guard your dead corpse so you can "reclaim" your gear would be gone.

There's so much wrong in this post I don't even know where to begin.

In real life, you wouldn't be restricted to a square area in russia either. In real life, you'd still store items somewhere, tents is DayZ's solution to that. In real life, you'd sleep, do you want your character to be forced to sleep 6-8 hours a day as well? The real life argument doesn't work because this is a game.

Your corpse despawning when you respawn? Do you realize how stupid that would be? "I was killed by someone, hehe, I'll just hit the respawn button and he won't be able to collect the spoils." You'd have a huge uprise in people complaining about that, that's for sure.

Rocket could you please fix the .45s? They currently take 3 - 4 shots to drop a zed. I wouldn't mind if it was changed to two but I do miss revolvers working well.

Rocket, can you please PUNCH djshauny1 is his cock :)

Hahahaha you made redbull come out my nose.

* [NEW] Consuming beans will now require you to find a can opener and a spoon.

beans.jpg

Look at the top. And you can drink it. I survived Roskilde Festival on beans only. :)

EDIT: No spoons were harmed during the production of my dinner.

Edited by Terrorviktor
  • Like 1

PAtch here,

I've been on your systems for two days! We used some kind of hacker script to inject me in there.

The THINGS you people do when not playing DayZ...

tsk tsk tsk....

Rocket could you please fix the .45s? They currently take 3 - 4 shots to drop a zed. I wouldn't mind if it was changed to two but I do miss revolvers working well.

aim for the head silly.

Great, can't wait to test it

EDIT:

Since i have the first post hijacked: There are currently severe hacking issues across most DayZ servers. And i'm not talking about some kid with aimbot or other self-empowering tools, but things like:

- Killing the entire server at the press of a button

- Teleporting the entire server to one place

and other massive-destruction type of hacks. I know you're saying battleye is doing better than most other anti-cheats, but it honestly is not gonna be sufficient enough for DayZ as a mod. Wouldn't it be possible to add a mod-side cheat-detection or even prevention? Such as, stopping the ability to spawn items that are not even able to be found on DayZ, and other restrictions such as detecting huge changes in x y z coords that can't be achieved by regular vehicles (aka teleporting)...

I know there are standalone plans, but this can take quite a while and in the meantime, hosters are shutting down their servers because their hands are completely tied, while their servers are getting completely f*cked up

(This guy has got it right: "IMHO, hacking is the single most important development issue right now.")

Created an account just so I could emphasise this, as this has happened to me on multiple servers.

ROCKET:

Just wondering if the ATV is suppose to have so many wheels or what? I think it has about 8 wheels total in the "repair wheel blahblah" menu and not sure where all those extra wheels are going but was wondering if that's just a bug with the ATV or is it suppose to have that many wheels? Never known any ATV to have more than 4 wheels on it.