rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

I have been loving the subtle things in the game and thought I would throw this one out there...

Some kind of audible clues when someone has cooked meat in the general area where you are, maybe your character making a comment or his stomach making grumbling noise (even if full) little hints that someone else may be around.... anywho looking forward to the update.

• Like 2

Chicken Schnitzel, mash potato, glass of Ginger-beer - outside enjoying the Prague summer.

Living like a king , i would give you my beans Sir but i'm afraid it would spoil your pallet :P

Chicken Schnitzel, mash potato, glass of Ginger-beer - outside enjoying the Prague summer.

PS. As I said before, the mod is in closed testing with the DayZ Community Support team (volunteers from you guys). Hopefully they isolate the big issues so I can fix them before I roll it out. I hope later tonight.

P.P.S. The target date change was a joke ;)

While this might not be the right place to ask this question, i wonder - how to become such an volunteer?

I have tons and tons of time so i´d like to join this testers group if possible... but i guess there are hundreds of players in line before me.. right?

Yes of course.

And your signature pic is awesome. It made a bunch of us in the office laugh the other day.

Lol it makes me laugh to I just wish i had a funny Forum Title to go with it Surviror doesn't fit me at all i go in guns blazeing.

• Like 1

....ok so it didnt come out on the 25th so now it is slated to come out ...... on the 24th? does he mean the 24th of august or some shit or was rockett just tired as shit when he updated this?

little clarification WHEN THE FUCK IS THE UPDATE, my server has already gone onto some wildly unstable beta+beta patch and now no one plays on my server and it says it is waiting for the dayz patch to release. should I roll back if its going to be a month for the next patch? or wtf.

Dammit rocket you do realize NO ONE CARES about any of these fixes until the hackers are dealt with as well........ and I have yet to see "hackers wont be able to teleport you spawn in items script kill or generally take over the entire game". Please rocket lock out ALL client side access to item creation.... there is NO REASON to allow users any item creation control other than picking things up from loot piles.

Gotta prioritize man, your game is 100% non playable right now for 1 reason and 1 reason only, hackers. Never had I played a game that hackers are able to have more control and freedom than the server admins let alone be able to take over entire servers and do things even admins cant do with such ease.

I love your game and dont mean to bitch at you I know ur crazy busy with the business side of things not just the game dev but trust me your game will die in cancer fire if you dont fix this hacking like yesterday.

I say Fook battle eye it is obviously redundant and any anti cheat prog that is so easy to bypass should be taken to court for false advertising at least and criminal false business practices at worst. Lock out any client side item creation and seeing as all admins can do is kick and ban there should be NO reason to have any other functionality available like Rcon.

A drunk monkey with a knife taped to its hand offers better protection than this piece of shite program rocket, drop it all together and do it yourself.

....unexpected rant over sorry again.

I have been loving the subtle things in the game and thought I would throw this one out there...

Some kind of audible clues when someone has cooked meat in the general area where you are, maybe your character making a comment or his stomach making grumbling noise (even if full) little hints that someone else may be around.... anywho looking forward to the update.

makes sense to do, as something to simulate the meat smell

]

....ok so it didnt come out on the 25th so now it is slated to come out ...... on the 24th? does he mean the 24th of august or some shit or was rockett just tired as shit when he updated this?

little clarification WHEN THE FUCK IS THE UPDATE, my server has already gone onto some wildly unstable beta+beta patch and now no one plays on my server and it says it is waiting for the dayz patch to release. should I roll back if its going to be a month for the next patch? or wtf.

Dammit rocket you do realize NO ONE CARES about any of these fixes until the hackers are dealt with as well........ and I have yet to see "hackers wont be able to teleport you spawn in items script kill or generally take over the entire game". Please rocket lock out ALL client side access to item creation.... there is NO REASON to allow users any item creation control other than picking things up from loot piles.

Gotta prioritize man, your game is 100% non playable right now for 1 reason and 1 reason only, hackers. Never had I played a game that hackers are able to have more control and freedom than the server admins let alone be able to take over entire servers and do things even admins cant do with such ease.

I love your game and dont mean to bitch at you I know ur crazy busy with the business side of things not just the game dev but trust me your game will die in cancer fire if you dont fix this hacking like yesterday.

I say Fook battle eye it is obviously redundant and any anti cheat prog that is so easy to bypass should be taken to court for false advertising at least and criminal false business practices at worst. Lock out any client side item creation and seeing as all admins can do is kick and ban there should be NO reason to have any other functionality available like Rcon.

you do not speak for me, or the majority. do use terms like NO ONE CARES. especially when you say dumb shit like

"....ok so it didnt come out on the 25th so now it is slated to come out ...... on the 24th? does he mean the 24th of august or some shit or was rockett just tired as shit when he updated this?"

some of us actually read, so we know what is going on. you clearly dont.

Edited by sivart
  • Like 1

A drunk monkey with a knife taped to its hand offers better protection than this piece of shite program rocket, drop it all together and do it yourself.

Why are you Playing then?

UMAD-1.gif

• Like 1

HEY GUYZ!!!

It's me the patch!

I'ma let you finish, but as you can see from my avatar, I am a bit busy right now.

When I am ready, I'm going to kill you all!!!!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAA!!!

• Like 7

[NEW] Radar removed from helicopter (UH1H will be added back to vehicle spawns)

WOOO!

"* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position"

Thank you!

HEY GUYZ!!!

It's me the patch!

I'ma let you finish, but as you can see from my avatar, I am a bit busy right now.

um. wat

Don't rant. It's annoying. I read like maybe 2 lines. And guess what if you read the posts it says that it will be either tonight or most likely Tuesday. Hence the Tuesday on the 1st post. He didn't release it because they were working on possible issues that were pointed out on this thread and then later said depending on how the fixes go it will either be yesterday[Wednesday], tonight[Thursday], or Tuesday because they don't want to release it over the weekend.

P.S. Actually I care more about these fixes than hackers honestly. Hackers are an issue, but you obviously don't know how difficult it is to secure a game from hackers that you didn't even make, let alone one that you did.

P.P.S. If you think there is a hacker leave the game, telltale signs include, explosions, jets, helicopters, people raging over hackers, a large number of people leaving at once, etc... Thinking, it works.

Edited by chefwillis

"* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

* [FIXED] Tents and items with ID's above 1 million don't syncronize (now it should syncronize, players to confirm)

* [NEW] Respawn button is enabled if the player has a fracture

* [FIXED] Players switched to non-player skins (by hackers) sync to database (updates no longer saved for objects non-authorized skins)

* [NEW] Players spawning in debug area or "water world" will spawn on beach on next login (with their gear)

* [NEW] Client will automatically spawn player out of debug and waterworld to last known position"

Thank you!

Sorry are you talking about making your own custom skin and bringing it in a server or using script to change people into goats?

Edited by Gaidoon

PS. As I said before, the mod is in closed testing with the DayZ Community Support team (volunteers from you guys). Hopefully they isolate the big issues so I can fix them before I roll it out. I hope later tonight.

P.P.S. The target date change was a joke ;)

I had a great dish of spinach ravioli for dinner & got some sun myself today too, thing about the sun was I decided to try even out my vest tan in the park, so I took my vest off and lay down in a grassy field in the park and ended up falling asleep, I woke up 45 minutes later all sweaty with loads of grass and sticks stuck to me and what I believe was borderline heatstroke.

Anyhow, I'm glad to know your hope is tonight for the patch, so hopefully we'll have a little luck there but who knows! and the target date change seemed to be giving people the impression you believed in time-travel so glad we've clarified it was a joke :P

• Like 1

Any future changes for the revolver + m1911? Currently, they are pretty much the same as the makarov. And they are louder

So they are pretty much (in my opinion) useless.

Will this massive damage drop affect the spawn chance/ammo amount?

• Like 1

Any future changes for the revolver + m1911? Currently, they are pretty much the same as the makarov. And they are louder

So they are pretty much (in my opinion) useless.

Will this massive damage drop affect the spawn chance/ammo amount?

I miss my Government. :(

Keep up the good work Rocket. I am excited to see where this mod goes in the upcoming months.

... and yet another one to the tents:

I vote for removing tents totally from the game. They simply unbalance the game, as tents are mostly used by bigger groups or clans which are "overpowered" by nature. No need to add more storage place for their purposes. Tents allow a player to save stuff, hide it away from other players. There are exploits by placing tents on multiple servers at the same point on the map to easily exchange even more stuff and make it safer to hide it away or loose the stuff.

First law when you play DayZ: Do not stick to your gear!

Removing tents would remove part of the whole "survival" feel to the game. I for 1 would set a tent IRL in the woods to store stuff and stay at in ANY kind of major Apocalypse (not the revelation kind either)

"They simply unbalance the game, as tents are mostly used by bigger groups or clans which are "overpowered" by nature"

Once again IRL would you be a loner, or stick with friends, family, and neighbors? Also removing tents would only encourage people to break apart making Clans that do stick to together that much more powerful, and the number of snipers around Cherno and Electro would only increase.

"There are exploits by placing tents on multiple servers at the same point on the map to easily exchange even more stuff and make it safer to hide it away or loose the stuff."

You realize a big part of this discussion has been about minimizing server hopping right? Sure it can "help" but it would hurt more than it would help, and if server hopping was minimized WITHOUT removing tents this wouldn't be a big problem (if it even is one I personally don't think so).

HEY GUYZ!!!

It's me the patch!

lol

Sorry are you talking about making your own custom skin and bringing it in a server or using script to change people into goats?

Dafuq? I'm excited because I no longer have to lose all my shit when I login to water world or debug forest or when a douchebag hacker fucks with my character.