rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

Careful with your posts guys, there are 632 people looking at you at this very moment.

+ me !

just stating my opinion mate

no name calling here

unlike some people who have replied to my posts lol

If always suprises me to see the shear number of no life fanboys on the forums. Someone posts one thing they don't like and everyone cries. Probably the worst community I have ever seen.

Everybody is a "fanboy" of something in this world... Don't be so childish.

People enjoy this mod and will defend it because they happen to think that what is happening is fun and exciting.

I wan't Rocket to carry on with the good work, and by god.. the man DESERVES some praise!

He made a MOD go big time in less than 4 months. Do you realise the effort and work that takes!?

If always suprises me to see the shear number of no life fanboys on the forums. Someone posts one thing they don't like and everyone cries. Probably the worst community I have ever seen.

Posting one thing you don't like is a bit different to "stop forcing me to test your alpha, I don't like some of the changes, fix it or I'll feel like I've wasted my $30. Oh and alpha isn't an excuse for testing these changes". No crying, just amazement at how upset some of Rocket's slave testers are

Rocket,

Seriously, stop adding such stupid changes

I did not buy arma 2 for theses and im sure plenty of others

Remember what made the game great to start with and now you are ruining it.

Ive said this before but people dont listen.

But look at people complaining now ! alot of them isnt there !

taking away guns, stupid bear traps and now removing the respawn utton

If you want these changes dont force us players to test them either. Do it behind closed doors with your own testing.

Hell if the mod is that great im sure you can get a small group to test such silly implimentations

Ive give this mod a chance Rocket, to many chances but you are taking more away from the player.

Alpha or not, its no excuse.

Shut up. Thats crossing the line, hes doing a great job. Just stop playing the mod and we will have one douchebag less in this game. BTW this is not a friking game, this is a MOD! He is doing everything right. 4 months has gone and there is 900 k unique players, im sure 70-80% (probs more) only bought the game for DayZ. God your post made me puke.

Edited by Shazman
  • Like 2

You lot cant take honest problems with this mod

Stop defending the real issues

Nobody's said there aren't problems with this mod... most just choose to be supportive and constructive with what they say, yeah there are problems, I'm not gunna say that breaking your legs on a door frame occasionally isn't an issue, but if you think i'm gunna get pissy with rocket about it when he's juggling 15 different things at once in creating one of the best mods i've ever played, and he's allowing you free access to it, you're privileged to even be playing Dayz.... If you honestly can't see that then have fun being that narrow minded when you grow up, i'm sure it won't cause any problems at all...

• Like 3

Posting one thing you don't like is a bit different to "stop forcing me to test your alpha, I don't like some of the changes, fix it or I'll feel like I've wasted my $30. Oh and alpha isn't an excuse for testing these changes". No crying, just amazement at how upset some of Rocket's slave testers are

You didn't waste anything to play dayZ. DayZ Alpha mod is FREE for now. The standalone is expected in september but right now you don't have to pay anything.

OT - Love that choppers are back, really missed thoose =)

Also, all in all, this update will ROCK!

For the sake of being more productive than the current discussion, I wonder what Rocket had for dinner?

Delicious beans. DUH...

Heinz%20Baked%20Beans.jpg

Edited by Shazman

Very excited about the upcoming changes. Not entirely sold on all of them but definitely looking forward to testing them all the same.

Thanks for a great mod rocket and thanks for your continued work on it. Please do your best to ignore the more insane posters around here *cough* djshauny *cough*.

• Like 2

To all the people wondering about the changed release date

It's not a typo.

He was JOKING!! If you've read the last pages of this thread you'd know he's been working on the patch all day and it's finally being tested right now. He can't give you a precise release time because he doesn't know! He's sick and tired of people coming here posting nonsense and stupid questions without having read the thread.

Also, don't ignore the word TARGET. Its meaning is quite important in this context.

TL;DR:

Target date is july 24th. :|

^ thank you :beans:

• Like 1

These changes sure does impact your gameplay but you will soon get used it as they don't hurt the fun factor of the game that much.

You didn't waste anything to play dayZ. DayZ Alpha mod is FREE for now. The standalone is expected in september but right now you don't have to pay anything.

Exactly the point I'm making....

im not sure i want to update since the re spawn is removed, i mean i play with friends alot and when we die i really dont fancy spending hours finding each other :( isnt the restart button better off being removed? im all for hardcore but ................ for me this is a game i prefer to play with a few mates and not have to spend more time finding each other than actually playing especially when we are all working full time jobs. i hope some implementation is made for selectable spawns even if its limited a tad

anyway rant over good work :P

And thats because of?

The radar was revealing the positions of tents and vehicles.

Rocket,

Seriously, stop adding such stupid changes

I did not buy arma 2 for theses and im sure plenty of others

Remember what made the game great to start with and now you are ruining it.

Ive said this before but people dont listen.

But look at people complaining now ! alot of them isnt there !

taking away guns, stupid bear traps and now removing the respawn utton

If you want these changes dont force us players to test them either. Do it behind closed doors with your own testing.

Hell if the mod is that great im sure you can get a small group to test such silly implimentations

Ive give this mod a chance Rocket, to many chances but you are taking more away from the player.

Alpha or not, its no excuse.

The only one I see complaining is you.

He is not forcing his TESTERS to test the new stuff ether. Not all servers update right away. Mind you there are no PLAYERS. This MOD is in ALPHA. If you don't like it go away. We don't need your constant complaints of what the OWNER of this MOD wants to do with HIS MOD.

The fact is your expecting an ALPHA thing to be a completed thing. When I here ALPHA I here (Big mess of bugs that may or may not work at any giving time and/or are subject to change at any giving time.)

So point is if you don't have anything constructive to say then go make your own. You can bitch and complain when its your mod your "ruining".

• Like 7

so last time i logged in, my character got ported to the debug ocean.

if i wait to log back in under the new patch, will i get ported back to a safe location?

Correct

The only one I see complaining is you.

He is not forcing his TESTERS to test the new stuff ether. Not all servers update right away. Mind you there are no PLAYERS. This MOD is in ALPHA. If you don't like it go away. We don't need your constant complaints of what the OWNER of this MOD wants to do with HIS MOD.

The fact is your expecting an ALPHA thing to be a completed thing. When I here ALPHA I here (Big mess of bugs that may or may not work at any giving time and/or are subject to change at any giving time.)

So point is if you don't have anything constructive to say then go make your own. You can bitch and complain when its your mod your "ruining".

Without people who complain and say the complete opposite of what rocket wants to hear - there wouldn't be any point to this alpha test.

ALOT of things have changed since i played this mod...just because it's an alpha doesn't give anyone a right to say "oh its an alpha" put up with it.

Shit needs to get said and shit gets fixed, otherwise it will all be kiss kiss rocket i love you scenarios.

Whether this is his mod or not, he has to cater to everyone, he can't just make shit up as he goes along people just won't play it and the mod will get boring and people will move on - that's a fact.

Edited by MessHall

For the sake of being more productive than the current discussion, I wonder what Rocket had for dinner?

Chicken Schnitzel, mash potato, glass of Ginger-beer - outside enjoying the Prague summer.

PS. As I said before, the mod is in closed testing with the DayZ Community Support team (volunteers from you guys). Hopefully they isolate the big issues so I can fix them before I roll it out. I hope later tonight.

P.P.S. The target date change was a joke ;)

• Like 9

Chicken Schnitzel, mash potato, glass of Ginger-beer - outside enjoying the Prague summer.

PS. As I said before, the mod is in closed testing with the DayZ Community Support team (volunteers from you guys). Hopefully they isolate the big issues so I can fix them before I roll it out. I hope later tonight.

Just wondering do you ever look at the suggestion threads even the stupid ones like Cannablism and Marrage. Even though most of the suggestions are stupid i feel like we haven't been getting many New features lately though i know your busy ironing out bugs

Edited by Gaidoon
  • Like 2

lol you're working in Prague? time to find the BIS studio! :D

You the man Rocket, relax and enjoy the summer sun, hopefully we will get the new patch tonight!

Just wondering do you ever look at the suggestion threads even the stupid ones like Cannablism and Marrage.

Yes of course.

And your signature pic is awesome. It made a bunch of us in the office laugh the other day.

I had a hot dog and a glass of water in Ohio Breakroom ...you win.