rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.4

In most of the annoying cases of ALT+F4 I have seen, the simplest mechanic i can think of would be to impement a shock satus as soon as a character was shot, this would result in the player being unconious for a decent lenght of time on respawn and would probably mean they bled out.

But I am no programmer, and appretiate the effort it must take to even implement the changes you have.

was tried but it nots hard to get a friend to move to the location, you load in they bandage you and transfuse while your out cold for the 5 minute timer

can you also fix the not spawning clothing and put some new clothing skins like the bandit skin into the build?

Done.

* [FIXED] Clothing no longer spawning (now it spawns as it used too)

• Like 25

2 possible issues I could see with Alt-F4 fix if no leeway is giving after initial server load.

1. When my normal server is down (which it has been on wrong beta version for like 4 days now) I sometimes have to join several servers to find one that has options I like (no tags/ no crosshairs /preferably no 3rd) names help sometimes but allot are off or wrong and only say 3dp chat not most settings. ( I am usually at camp long away from anything. (possible fix to on the server lobby screen add server setting section letting everyone know these things. This way join server but not actually query hive for char creation>

2. I often play with 2 or 3 groups of friends that use different servers. If I log on play for an hour then switch will that be picked up? I often pick a server play for a bit then wait for one of my friends to hit me on on skype then move to the server they normally play on. (Mainly what will be the min time it starts picking up. Like if you play for over 20 minutes on a server does it not count or 30 or an hour etc.)

That is the aim, that hive-reputation, once implemented, will be a public indicator of automated review at the database level.

I'm actually wondering if this is a good idea to make player reps public as I can imagine some smart members of the community working out how to circumvent such algorithms by analyzing this information.

Just a thought.

• Like 2

what if someone got poor internet that day and they DC .how long would one have to wait to log back in ?

Each character that is created fills the database, and takes up server load. I would be more inclined to allow you to select a spawn area, rather than die-live-die-live. I haven't considered allowing spawn selections, this type of issue will be dealt with as part of thoughts around group player mechanics and the establishment of factions/groups.

Yes, please. Choosing a spawn location is the best way to solve the annoying respawn issue. I would very much like such a feature.

• Like 12

I look forward to see how much this will affect player interaction, knowing that there's no alt-F4 solution to the gunfire.

Whatever happened to the "DO NOT POST MESSAGES OF SUPPORT" request that usually accompanied these updates? It was working SO well.

One last thing, is there going to be an incoming substitute for respawning? Aka. Suicide + accompayning animation. I heard you mention it in a recent interview - can't say I was expecting it so soon.

I think everyone is missing the real point here.

The infected are already as deaf as a post, why reduce their hearing even more?

I didn't reduce their hearing, I fixed it. it was a bug, bought on with the new system. This bug has been fixed (for firing sounds).

• Like 7

It would be cool if we can spawn inland and not in the coast all the time.

• Like 1

I didn't reduce their hearing, I fixed it. it was a bug, bought on with the new system. This bug has been fixed (for firing sounds).

Oh i see!

Sorry about that.

have some beans, as if you didn't have enough already.

One last thing, is there going to be an incoming substitute for respawning? Aka. Suicide + accompayning animation. I heard you mention it in a recent interview - can't say I was expecting it so soon.

I have it almost all ready to go, but I'm awaiting feedback on whether there would be rating issues associated with it, such as demonstrations at Gamescom.

• Like 12

I think everyone is missing the real point here.

The infected are already as deaf as a post, why reduce their hearing even more?

It is not reducing it even more. Read again what it says:

* [FIXED] Infected hearing of shots greately reduced

The bug was : Infected hearing of shots greatly reduced.

Notice how it says "FIXED". It doesn't mean it gets adjusted to being reduced even more, it just says that that bug is fixed in the upcoming patch.

• Like 2

Would this change (hive tracking login/logout) effect those that server hop as medics to help other players out?

i dont think that should matter. in a perfect world we would all be on 1 server right? anyway...to me its all 1 world. going from server to server in my eyes is like going to another dimension. shouldnt happen even for medics. if you dont have a bloodbag, too bad. go find one. if your buddy is on another server in the same space, too bad. get another medic. or stay on the same server.

nothing personal, but with all the people and everything that happens around here, who is a medic and who isnt? "im friendly!" BOOM! dead. if dimension jumping is allowed for medics, then medics should not be capable of carrying a firearm. its the only way to prevent abuse.

• Like 6

Is this in reference to the random zombies hearing you from 100+ meters while otheres closer dont react?

• Like 2

So if somebody is losing connection's or gets spawn killed a couple of times he got a chance of getting banned / warning....?

This wont solve the problem of people Alt+f4 to keep there gear or to let the body dissappear so nobody gets there gear.

Cant you try to get a 10 secs timer that the character stays there?....

Think you should focus on things as cheaters and hackers and not such things as Respawn button going away...

Now we need to run from kamenka to cherno instead of respawning where ever we want?

Kinda bullshit things comming in right now in my eyes and useless stuff who make this game more a walking game instead of Zombie Survival.... since there is no food what to do when you spawn at kamenka and want to run to Cherno?

Get killed by zombies? Everytime? and get flagged by databse because you Abort many times? since your dieng due zombies to get to a spawn point as cherno?

Edited by Jemoeder

Rocket, what is the exactly problem with helicopters? Are they not working at all or desyncing? Doesn't they use the same code as in normal arma 2? They are not desycning in Arma 2 so are the code changed for the helicopters in Dayz? The helicopters really made the game and now when they are gone for some time, i really lost some spirit to play until they are back. It's so exciting when you hear a noise in the distance and you look at the direction and see a helicopter it is a powerful feeling. Mabey add a Blackhawk instead of hueys :D One more thing, can't you add like 1 humvee for each server, with a working machine gun on, would be awesome!

But anyway, keep up the good work, i still love the game but the helicopters made the icing on the cake! :)

Greats from sweden

Edited by Ernir
  • Like 4

It is not reducing it even more. Read again what it says:

* [FIXED] Infected hearing of shots greately reduced

The bug was : Infected hearing of shots greatly reduced.

Notice how it says "FIXED". It doesn't mean it gets adjusted to being reduced even more, it just says that that bug is fixed in the upcoming patch.

It was a big ambiguous, so I've changed it to better wording:

* [FIXED] Infected cannot hear weapon firing (now they actually hear again)

• Like 1

Each character that is created fills the database, and takes up server load. I would be more inclined to allow you to select a spawn area, rather than die-live-die-live. I haven't considered allowing spawn selections, this type of issue will be dealt with as part of thoughts around group player mechanics and the establishment of factions/groups.

You tease! :thumbsup:

• Like 6

Rocket, what is the exactly problem with helicopters? Are they not working at all or desyncing? Doesn't they use the same code as in normal arma 2? They are not desycning in Arma 2 so are the code changed for the helicopters in Dayz? The helicopters really made the game and now when they are gone for some time, i really lost some spirit to play until they are back. It's so exciting when you hear a noise in the distance and you look at the direction and see a helicopter it is a powerful feeling. Mabey add a Blackhawk instead of hueys :D One thing more, can't you add like 1 humvee for each server, with a working machine gun on, would be awesome!

But anyway, keep up the good work, i still love the game but the helicopters made the icing on the cake! :)

Greats from sweden

Just need some config changes and then helicopters will appear on the changelog. Expect it, but as always, it won't appear on the changelog until it is done and confirmed.

• Like 20

Yes, please. Choosing a spawn location is the best way to solve the annoying respawn issue. I would very much like such a feature.

Wait, wait. Does this mean (* [NEW] Respawn button is disabled during DayZ play) that for the next patch I will spawn when I am dead and then I have to stick with my position?

If this is the case, I would perhaps consider the possibility to delay this new mechanic until I can choose my spawn location. Don't you think?

• Like 12

Please be careful with this login/logout punishments

There are legal reasons to do this, surely "out of combat":

- often AFK due to phone, children, whatever - 3-4 times per 15 minutes - is it much or not? depends...

- invalid server description - day or night, actually [ch:off] may mean [ch:on] and so on

- disconnects (due to ping or unfair admin, for example)

- bad logging in: "enter to character selection room, bla-bla-bla" - very often

OFC, it's not common behavior, just think twice please :)

Edited by dymm
  • Like 15