Bad serial number given in setup and ARMA II OA problems
Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:15 PM
Please, anyone, help me, I don't get money easily and I don't wan't to waste the money I invested in this game.
Thank you all
Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:28 PM
www.dayzwiki.com is a great resource and has a section devoted to installing Dayz.
What you need to do when first buying the game is -
1. Run ARMA2 at least once. When you get to the menu screen you can exit out.
2. Run ARMA2 OA at least once. When you get to the menu screen you can exit out.
3. (I install mine manually but I will show you how to do this via Six-Launcher). Download and install 6-launcher. It will download 16 meg when you first run it, takes forever to get it down so be patient.
4. Exit out of Six-launcher and relaunch it.
5. Exit out of Six-launcher and relaunch it (No, its not a duplicate bug, the launcher is buggy as all hell). Basically keep exiting out and relaunching until it DOES NOT download 16 meg.
6. You need to go into the six-launcher options, located at the bottom. Check the boxes you want, but make sure you check update beta box. And dont bother trying to run through steam (I do at home but like I said I install it manually).
7. Six launcher takes too long starting arma2 so you will not get a spot on a server UNLESS you pick a server and when it says server full or nearly full then choose join anyway. You can then change servers anyway.
8. When you start up the game, go to options, video options, disable post processing effects, match display resolution with 3d display resolution (both need to be the same), turn off v-sync, change video memory to default (unless you have a low video card then max it).
9. Prepare to be PVP'd to death.
There are also some good threads on how to optimise ARMA2 and these work well if your machine struggles with FPS.
Hope this helps.
Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:39 PM
Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:09 AM