Back to dayzgame.com
Photo

I got DayZ and OA with Arma 2 Free look how to change back?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ikonane

ikonane

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hi, I have Arma 2 Free and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead installed on my computer to run DayZ (awesome mod btw). But I got the "Addon "dayz_code" requires addon 'CABuildingParts'" and at the menu "no entry: "bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope" and when trying to join a game: " You cannot play/edit this mission. It is dependant on downloadable content thathas been deleted.chenarus".

I searched on a lot of forums and finally found a solution to the problem, it was to copy all the files from "Arma 2 Free/Addons" to "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/Expansion/Addons" and "Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead/@DayZ/Addons" but NOT to overwrite anything. The only problem is that now the loading screen, menus and even the in-game inventory(?) looks like Arma 2 Free and not Operation Arrowhead. Does anyone know how to change it back?

(I have bought it via Steam)

I am guessing it is only to remove some of those addons-files that I copied in, but which?

If anybody knows it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 LtTireBiter

LtTireBiter

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

it is better to put the a2free addons folder in the a2ao root dir.

use this to set up a shortcut to launch the mod : http://dayzmod.com/f...=44931#pid44931

you may be stuck with the a2free stuff at main menu, but shouldn't effect in game menus.

#3 ikonane

ikonane

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

Thanks!
Do I need to reinstall OA or delete some of the files that are in the addons-folders already?

And should I simply copy the a2free addons folder into the a2oa root? But there is no addons folder there now, it is under "Expansions/Addons".

#4 LtTireBiter

LtTireBiter

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

delete all the files you move previously. the a2free addons folder goes in a2oa root folder.

#5 ikonane

ikonane

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

Ok, thanks! Is there an easy way to delete all the files that are in the a2free addons folder that I copied into the other two addons folders without deleting the ones that was there from the start? :P

#6 ikonane

ikonane

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

"1) copy the addons folder from "arma2" to "arma2 operation arrowhead" folder.
2) add a non-steam game to steam, that launches Arma2OA.exe.
3) edit properties of this shortcut, add -mod=CA;@DayZ (makesure toput a space infront of -)
4) give it a unique name and save it."

Where do I edit the properties, in Steam or the actual .exe-file?
Is it possible to add the "-nosplash" and such as well? Or only the "@DayZ"-thing?

I seem to get the "@DayZ" to work in steam but not if I add " -world=empty -skipintro -nosplash" as well. Why not? I dont have a "Set launch options" on the shortcut.

Is it possible to fix this?

Picture: http://i9.photobucke...Arma2DayZ_1.jpg