v1ktor

BEWARE: Vilayer dayz hosting

So I read the topic(s) on vilayer and all the pre-whitelisted bs that came with it and decided they would be a great option as a server provider.

NOPE.jpg

Going to escalate the claim to a paypal claim after the 7 day pass since these idiots cant even afford someone from India working $2 checking support email

http://i.imgur.com/Mp2fj.jpg

Its great to give $70 for free

Edited by v1ktor

Honestly, all the major hosting providers should not be in the business of support with DayZ. It is horrendous. It's basically network administrators and programmers trying to run customer service.

They will tell you to be patient with their lack of service and week long down times, but will they be patient when it's time to pay?

EDIT: I swear HFB have basically given up on even having a support system. They have shut down all forms of communication other than tickets, and they just ignore the tickets. Really lovely.

Edited by Phisher
  • Like 2

I am looking to start advertising these hosting companies on my site, so this news is troubling.

They were honestly great when DayZ was just getting started. It was manageable. Now you have hosting providers with 500 servers and 1 or 2 people running support. Usually the same people running the back end stuff too.

They were honestly great when DayZ was just getting started. It was manageable. Now you have hosting providers with 500 servers and 1 or 2 people running support. Usually the same people running the back end stuff too.

this is exactly why I'm posting this; people need to know of the current status of these companies

Let's hope Ill get my damn server by today and wount have to wait a week for paypal to return the payment =/

Same boat as you V1ktor.

Ordered my server 2 days ago from Vilayer, but cannot log in as it says my account is disabled or blocked. Fully paid but can't access anything.

I've been trying to use their teamspeak server and skype to connect with some support, and had a brief conversation with support yesterday but still no resolution

Same boat as you V1ktor.

Ordered my server 2 days ago from Vilayer, but cannot log in as it says my account is disabled or blocked. Fully paid but can't access anything.

I've been trying to use their teamspeak server and skype to connect with some support, and had a brief conversation with support yesterday but still no resolution

Omfg... what did support say? This is ridiculous

Why do they even get "pre-whitelisted" crap if they are this horribad?

From my conversation with them, they had a really shitty string of events in a short amount of time:

Two updates were forced out through six-launcher without any notification or warning, so all their servers were instantly out of date. So they were flooded with update requests for their current clients

A patch was installed by their web host without warning as well, which is randomly blocking accounts and preventing them from logging in to their website (the issue I have)

They were flooded with orders at the same time as all of the other issues, so they are scrambling to get things done but are way behind

The way DayZ servers are hosted and set up is pretty unfortunate. Servers hosts have to manually take care of issues because they are the account holders for the ID's that have been whitelisted by the DayZ mods, so any small issue requires help from the server hosts themselves. Just a big shit storm right now...

This is actually the THIRD host I have tried to get for a server, and each time the story is pretty much the same.

Edited by FlatFeet

From my conversation with them, they had a really shitty string of events in a short amount of time:

Two updates were forced out through six-launcher without any notification or warning, so all their servers were instantly out of date. So they were flooded with update requests for their current clients

A patch was installed by their web host without warning as well, which is randomly blocking accounts and preventing them from logging in to their website (the issue I have)

They were flooded with orders at the same time as all of the other issues, so they are scrambling to get things done but are way behind

The way DayZ servers are hosted and set up is pretty unfortunate. Servers hosts have to manually take care of issues because they are the account holders for the ID's that have been whitelisted by the DayZ mods, so any small issue requires help from the server hosts themselves. Just a big shit storm right now...

This is actually the THIRD host I have tried to get for a server, and each time the story is pretty much the same.

hmm... that actually seems legit

guess ill just have to wait a couple of days.... just wish they posted exactly this on their fucking website

Agreed all the server hosts getting flack the best thing to do is say whats happening, then to go in the dark and say contact support. Tell people the issues your having goes a long way.

Edited by breadwinka

It seems that the problem is with the DayZ dev team screwing over server hosts (per usual...)

Hi, could i suggest http://www.multiplay...e-servers/dayz/ (their one of the biggest one in the UK)

I've had several game/voice servers hosted by them always great support and server stability :)

2 problems

1) Vilayer already has my payment

2) Wtf $94.20 for 50 slots?

Edited by v1ktor

Do they have to be game servers ? I use these http://kphservices.com for my dedicated servers and also a few website i have hosted and they're fantastic :thumbsup:

Small company but really good support and very helpful :)

I use these http://kphservices.com for my dedicated servers

Alternatively cut the middleman and rent direct from OVH since I doubt they'll be supporting your endeavors with dayz servers.

Alternatively cut the middleman and rent direct from OVH since I doubt they'll be supporting your endeavors with dayz servers.

I have no idea but it could be worth asking ? All the problems i've ever needed help with have always been fixed even though it's an unmanaged server :) 2 years ago i was clueless with linux so i pestered them daily but they always answered and helped me when other hosts would not.

If you're having issues, come on teamspeak:

ts3.vilayer.com

Lee is online now and fixing problems and doing setups in massive quantities!

Hello,

We have a huge amount of orders coming in currently of which i am provisioning as many as possible...

Although it states on our website that DayZ is instant setup there are 3rd party measures that we must take into account and for this reason i am going to be changing the system from Instant to manual.

We will provision as many services as we can as fast as we can, Please be as patient as possible. All time that you have not used for your services will be added onto your next due date thus making the setup time free.

Edited by Lee-Vilayer

Hello,

We have a huge amount of orders coming in currently of which i am provisioning as many as possible...

Although it states on our website that DayZ is instant setup there are 3rd party measures that we must take into account and for this reason i am going to be changing the system from Instant to manual.

We will provision as many services as we can as fast as we can, Please be as patient as possible. All time that you have not used for your services will be added onto your next due date thus making the setup time free.

Does this also mean FORCE UPDATING SERVERS?, Please don't, There's a reason why it was not updated.

@v1ktor,

I've just tried phoning your number you registered on our account and apparently no one by the name of your self lives at that address.

I must also inform you that providing incorrect billing details is against the TOS of VIlayer LTD as you know because you accepted the TOS as and when you signed up.

Please communicate A.S.A.P with Vilayer LTD.

Teamspeak 3 = ts3.vilayer.com

My personal skype = lee.netarus

• Like 1

Does this also mean FORCE UPDATING SERVERS?, Please don't, There's a reason why it was not updated.

We only force updates of which DayZ dev team tells us to force.

All servers at all locations no matter who hosts them are forced to update, Simple as that really.

Our version are currently,

Lee took care of all my issues too, and really was super nice - everything is great now!

Their control panel is especially solid compared to other ones I've tried!

I'm having major issues now too. Earlier today, around 10:00am, I had my server started and whitelisted from Vilayer. US1313. I try to login tonight to play, and I'm immediately getting kicked from my own server. So,I goto my control panel, it doesn't work. Sometimes when I goto the ACP, I'll click on an option and it'll just load & load and do absolutely nothing. Other times, I'll click to go into my home panel, and it'll send me to an ERROR 404 page! I also cannot access Vilayer.com! At all. No matter what browser I use. I've gotten to use my server for a grand total of 4 hours after I paid for it.

Guys what is going on? I have to say, thanks to Casey for being so respectful and helping me as best as he can. The problem is not on Vilayer's end since I was able to ping to both their website and acp.vilayer.com as well.. so something has to be going on on my end, but nothing has changed since this moring when I was playing. In fact, my computer had been off!

Is it true that Vilayer put out a patch without letting people know and that is the reason why people are having trouble connecting to the website. I can almost guarantee that if you can't get on vilayer.com, you aren't going to be able to use the ACP. Even though Casey says they aren't linked, it just seems too coincidental.

Edited by KField86

Hello, Lee.

We have rent the server, and vehicles are not spawning. Can you please explain this some how?