Sign in to follow this  
Westy (DayZ)

DayZ Disconnecting my internet

So, this is a strange one.

Sometimes when I try to connect to a DayZ server, or when SixLauncher is updating DayZ (Its now getting more frequent), it disconnect my internet. I get the waiting for host message, so close the game, and my internet is down for a minute or two. But its only on this computer. My cousin can be beside me on another computer, on the same router, still playing LoL. But my computer will have no connection for a few minutes. And its only DayZ that is causing this problem.

Its starting to get really frustrating, and I can't find an answer anywhere. Figure this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks!

• Like 1

i've never had an issue where it shuts my internet down, it might be running more out of your internet than you can handle or your router is being pushed a bit more than it can handle. i would look into modem/router/isp first.

i've never had an issue where it shuts my internet down, it might be running more out of your internet than you can handle or your router is being pushed a bit more than it can handle. i would look into modem/router/isp first.

Well my router and internet can handle me + 4 other computers playing multiple games at the same time, yet it can't handle just me playing one game?

Sometimes when I try to connect to a DayZ server, or when SixLauncher is updating DayZ (Its now getting more frequent), it disconnect my internet. I get the waiting for host message, so close the game, and my internet is down for a minute or two. But its only on this computer. My cousin can be beside me on another computer, on the same router, still playing LoL. But my computer will have no connection for a few minutes. And its only DayZ that is causing this problem.

Its starting to get really frustrating, and I can't find an answer anywhere. Figure this would be the best place to ask.

Thanks!

Same problem here!im gonna mad.Please any1?

me too, and I have high end computer, but for some reason it shuts the crap down for my second computer and 3-4th. Weird. Please help us!

Same here, I actually just created a thread on this as well, didn't see yours.

My routers fine, I have about six devices that can run on it throughout the day without an issue. In fact, when the internet seizes after using sixlauncher, my other pc's in the house operate fine. It takes about three minutes or so until I can use the internet on my gaming pc.

I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64bit

i7 860

16gb ddr3 ram

Radeon 6850

arma II ver. 95205

dayz ver. 1.7.2.3

No firewall

Edited by mist4fun

I have been getting this error (if that's what to call it). It seems when i am joining a server my connection disconnects and reconnects. I have no idea why it may be happening, it started with the last patch. It now takes FOREVER to get into a game because of this error. I'm talking anywhere from 2 minutes to the longest which was 20 minutes+. I don't even know what could be causing it i've never had this problem before. If anyone could help out it would be appreciated.

P.s. I have Verizon Fios and a Netgear router. The router and modem are pretty outdated but like i've said i've never had anything like this occur.

Have you tried dayz on other computers?

Perhaps the ports dayz requires are forwarded to another address on your network?

Try updating your network drivers.

Edited by ENSLAVER

This is happening for me too. Networks fine during game, fine for everything else, but when attempting to connect to a server, it takes the net down for a minute or two. Nothing to do with drivers either in game or hardware related though. Everythings up to date.

Thanks!

What router do you use?

Thanks!

this

I have the same f*cking problem in the standalone, would you believe it? haha