Sign in to follow this  
Dillett7799

How do I find my friend?

My friend and I just booted the game for the first time, how do I find out where he is in the world? Is there a grouping system? a chat system of any kind?

My friend and I just booted the game for the first time, how do I find out where he is in the world? Is there a grouping system? a chat system of any kind?

Once you spawn in the game look at the bottom right of your screen to see which city you are in, then look on an online map of DayZ (which I wouldn't recommend, but since you are new, do it) then find to the two city's you and your friend are in. Then just run to each other in the correct way.

• Like 1

The only server i know of with global chat if u filter LOTC in the server search if ur using Six youll find ti listed as TX ___ or w.e

So if theres no way to comunicate with another player how do you talk to someone you meet in game? decide if they be friend or foe?

I'd suggest using Skype for chat if you both have headsets. My suggestion to find each other is, when you spawn, look in the bottom right hand corner and it should tell you where you are on the second line, use the map given to you by GTB. Find a landmark and head along the beaches. Clouds go from East to West. So if you are running against the clouds, you are going East. Good luck.

Edited by John Dillinger

there are plenty of teamspeak server around that you can join and chat on.

download teamspeak 3 and just search some even let you create your own private room :)

When you spawn, look on the bottom right and it should say

Chernarus(sorry bad spelling)

"LOOK HERE"

xxxxxxxx

You should have a map open (dayzmap.info) and see which city he's in. With the coast on your right shoulder, you'll be heading towards the right and vice versa. At first, it's very frustrating but eventually, you'll get the hang of it.

Also as others have mentioned, you should get skype or some sort of chat system. Direct chat is usually the only thing you can use and it's only for people around your area.