Sign in to follow this  
venomblade

Can't have a pistol and use flashlight?

I found a makarov, my first gun finally! But I'm in a night server, and the makarov is set to mys econdary weapon and I can't make it my primary. And so when I want to be able to switch between my flashlight and pistol with F it doesn't work. If i right click my flashlight and remove from tool belt it says not enough space in inventory because my pistol is taknig up my secondary slot. So is it not possible to be able to have a pistol and flashlight? Same goes for having a primary weapon and a hatchet as secondary, can't do it.

Well you can put the gun in to your backpack but that means you are going to have to open it up to get the gun out again and hatchet can only be placed on tool belt and primary.

I found a makarov, my first gun finally! But I'm in a night server, and the makarov is set to mys econdary weapon and I can't make it my primary. And so when I want to be able to switch between my flashlight and pistol with F it doesn't work. If i right click my flashlight and remove from tool belt it says not enough space in inventory because my pistol is taknig up my secondary slot. So is it not possible to be able to have a pistol and flashlight? Same goes for having a primary weapon and a hatchet as secondary, can't do it.

You answered all your own questions :)

You need a gun with a flashlight attachment (if they've fixed them?)

As far as I know the glock (only gun with flashlight) works perfectly fine, the one I have seems to work perfect.

If you want a flash light and a pistol get yourself a G17 which can be found in military spawns, it's got a build in flash light, good sights and a 17 round clip.

Edited by Izithel

I have a G17 that seems to work.

I think we should be able to hold the flashlight in 1 hand and the secondary weapon in the other. For instance equip secondaries in the primary slot while the flashlight is in the secondary. Then when aiming down the sights, the flashlight will illuminate. Obviouly with this combination you wouldn't be able to use a primary.

To use a Primary and a flashlight, you would have to find a primary that has one attached... or find some NVGs

Edited by Psychobob
  • Like 1

I think we should be able to hold the flashlight in 1 hand and the secondary weapon in the other. For instance equip secondaries in the primary slot while the flashlight is in the secondary. Then when aiming down the sights, the flashlight with illuminate. Obviouly with this combination you wouldn't be able to use the primary.

very agree. and be able to run without the flashlight being rendered useless.

If anything, attach a chemlight or road flare to you, although you'll be a Christmas tree you can have quick access to your makarov.

As far as I know the glock (only gun with flashlight) works perfectly fine, the one I have seems to work perfect.

If you want a flash light and a pistol get yourself a G17 which can be found in military spawns, it's got a build in flash light, good sights and a 17 round clip.

G17 has a flash light? How do you enable it?

Remmington shotgun has one as well. I think one other gun may have one too.

same as flashlight. L

Edited by internetTAB
  • Like 1

this... are you trying to get headshot?

because most people dislike night time, there's less chance of this as servers that are night time are usually at like 10-20 players. shit, i've only ever been killed by players when it's daylight in game. plus you can just turn on your flashlight for a second, get your bearings, move for five minutes or so, turn on flashlight again, get bearings, repeat.

Edited by p1n34l

I wonder if having an equipped toolbelt item slot would be good.

I also like this idea, equip the flashlight in the tool equip spot and you could then use it with your secondary while keeping your primary equipped, but on your back. So you could shoot with your secondary and use the flashlight at the same time but if you switched to your primary you would lose the benefit of the flashlight.

There could just be a simple flashlight equip spot or have it take the same place the NVGs do for example.

Edited by Psychobob

If anything, attach a chemlight or road flare to you, although you'll be a Christmas tree you can have quick access to your makarov.

THIS

guys, chemlights are visible 50m range max(for other players), invisible for zombies and with brightness and gamma set high you'll be able to see in a 10-20m radius (depending on the color, green and red are good)

...wow...your playing the wrong game sir.

Another thread about the crappy inventory system.

Inventory system needs a complete overhaul, especially for a standalone product.

You have to put rifle in backpack or ground to equip an axe... that's realistic. Can't just shoulder your rifle while pulling out the axe? Needs to be fixed.

You have to put pistol in your backpack in order to equip a flashlight... that's realistic. Can't just put sidearm in your holster, or just gangstastyle in your pants, then pull out flashlight, optionally use both at once? Needs to be fixed.

Overall, the inventory system in ArmA, especially with the added stuff in the DayZ mod, is the absolutely worst rubbish system I have seen in 25 years of gaming. RPG games from the 80's had better inventory management than ArmA.

There seems to be a lot of confusion here.

I've used all of the weapons with tactical lights attached recently, and I can confirm that they all work splendidly. At the moment I'm using a G17 with a taclight, and I gave my buddy a M4A3 CCO, which also has a fully functional taclight attached.

Just two days ago I was using the Remington as my primary, which again has a working taclight.

Flashlight attachments are working fine as far as my group can tell.

As for using a seperate flashlight with the other pistols, I'd like to see that happen if it reduced your accuracy a decent amount. Seems logical to me since you're only using one hand now isntead of two, or at least one hand is partially occupied holding the flashlight. Maybe I'm wrong on that account, but I'd like the weapons that currently have flashlights attached to retain their signifigance. After all, without the flashlight the weapons I listed above would only be marginally better than the ones already available. While they'd still be good, it's the flashlight that really helps them shine at night.

Edited by Askar

Remmington and one of the M4's has a flashlight too.