#61 Dr Wasteland MD

Dr Wasteland MD

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationWest Coast, USA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:21 PM

This guy saved my ass! Went 4km out of his way to heal me with morphine and a blood transfusion.

Haha, so not so funny story, after I healed you up, I got in a spat with a nasty zombie. He crippled me and then the server crashed and I realized I hadn't yet picked up my guns from when we met and I had no morphine. I've got new guns now, but at the time I was up a creek.

#62 Dr Wasteland MD

Dr Wasteland MD

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

About to get on for today, if you need help, add me on steam.

#63 pzrapnbeast

pzrapnbeast

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Where did you post the list at?

#64 Trig

Trig

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

Just got some great help from you guys, special thanks for Pzrapnbeast and Raiko, those two guys really saved my ass. Was down to about 4000 blood out by NW Airfield and that patched me right up.

Nothing like ten cooked meat to do the body good!

Didn't we meet up by the fire there as well? Were you dressed as a bandido?

#65 Raiko

Raiko

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

Where did you post the list at?

First post.

#66 Karko

Karko

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

Do you treat bandits and what would you want for antibiotics?

#67 mistery

mistery

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

Excellent initiative!

#68 Trig

Trig

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

I wouldn't cause they're cowardly douches, but medical ethics dictate noone's to be discriminated against, so even bandits get transfusions. They don't get a comforting hug, chocolate or flowers though, because some still just murder the doc & his helpers.

#69 Saryad

Saryad

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:59 AM

I hope you can get a field medic skin when they are implemented. You are my hero Dr. W

#70 Recaldy

Recaldy

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:05 AM

That's a pretty nifty idea. Have a much easier job once people figure out what hopistals look like and where to look aside from breaking the glass. (Behind it at teh dumpsters and on the roof.)

#71 JinxX

JinxX

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • LocationSpringdale, AR

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Had a hell of a time with Mr. T (Chenarus Transport) earlier. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him fall over though. I don't think I'll want to ever relive that moment.

#72 Karbo

Karbo

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

man these guys are THE TRUTH..haha i was stuck in lopatino way northwest side in my longest life up to date and I had 3K blood left going unconcious when i saw this thread for medical assistance..After pzrapnbeast and chenarus transport reached out to me and went to 2 other towns in their helo, i finally spotted the bird with my blurred view. I was hiding out in a huge warehouse and apparently im not the only one who spotted the chopper... there were like at least 90 or 100 zeds around the building and the chopper was just hovering around m249'n the shit outta em... anyway when it cleared up, pzrapnbeast got down with a squadmate and rescued my ass by doin a transfusion on site..we popped of a couple of more zeds and then got to the choppa safely.... they were even cool enough to let me hang with them for a while since i hadn't met any friendlies and a couple of hours later we crashed and died all together hahahahaahah... but anyway that rescue mission was something out of a fucking movie it was AMAZING i was with my roomate and we couldnt even believe what we were seeing...amazing amazing really some game without any type of structure these guys come and make real rescue missions on the fly literally...best/coolest/realest situation i've ever been in a game! the fuckin TRUTH haha
  • Knightowl and O&OBlackMagic gave their beans

#73 -TEA-MuadDib

-TEA-MuadDib

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

These guys are awesome, I was playing on the server checking around Berezino as I had never been there before. Of course the zombies decided to take a chunk out of me and I was left with 1.3k blood.

These guys sent out a chopper to give me a transfusion and healed me right up. Thanks heaps guys, anytime you need a hand let me know and I will do what I can, mule, support or bodyguard.

#74 Shorts

Shorts

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

MuadDib' pid='65392' dateline='1337945922']
These guys are awesome, I was playing on the server checking around Berezino as I had never been there before. Of course the zombies decided to take a chunk out of me and I was left with 1.3k blood.

These guys sent out a chopper to give me a transfusion and healed me right up. Thanks heaps guys, anytime you need a hand let me know and I will do what I can, mule, support or bodyguard.

V18 was fun last night

#75 Karko

Karko

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:02 PM

I wouldn't cause they're cowardly douches, but medical ethics dictate noone's to be discriminated against, so even bandits get transfusions. They don't get a comforting hug, chocolate or flowers though, because some still just murder the doc & his helpers.

I really don't have many morals but I wouldn't kill a doctor. A steady source of medical supplies available for trade is worth far more to me than a few supplies from one murder and never having the option open again.

A beaner or random survivor is different, they're going to kill me on sight, if not for my skin then for my equipment but a doctor is different. Since they're sworn to treat everyone equally, it removes those two factors, making trading a genuine option and not just wishful thinking.

Repeating the question since I didn't get an answer, what do you want for Anti-biotics?

I've yet to see any drop so I'd be willing to trade almost anything for some. You can pretty much name your price and if I don't have it, I can find it.. within reason of course.

#76 Dr Wasteland MD

Dr Wasteland MD

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

I really don't have many morals but I wouldn't kill a doctor. A steady source of medical supplies available for trade is worth far more to me than a few supplies from one murder and never having the option open again.

A beaner or random survivor is different, they're going to kill me on sight, if not for my skin then for my equipment but a doctor is different. Since they're sworn to treat everyone equally, it removes those two factors, making trading a genuine option and not just wishful thinking.

Repeating the question since I didn't get an answer, what do you want for Anti-biotics?

I've yet to see any drop so I'd be willing to trade almost anything for some. You can pretty much name your price and if I don't have it, I can find it.. within reason of course.

I work for free, and yes, I have been known to work with a bandit or two in the past. I will say that I'm a lot more cautious when dealing with bandits, and I might have you aim at the ground until we're done, but that's the extent.

As for antibiotics, we have way too few to sell any at this point. We actually are much more interested in obtaining them. However, say you're on 1 TempVal and it's too dangerous for you to light a fire or whatever, I can give them to you.

man these guys are THE TRUTH..haha i was stuck in lopatino way northwest side in my longest life up to date and I had 3K blood left going unconcious when i saw this thread for medical assistance..After pzrapnbeast and chenarus transport reached out to me and went to 2 other towns in their helo, i finally spotted the bird with my blurred view. I was hiding out in a huge warehouse and apparently im not the only one who spotted the chopper... there were like at least 90 or 100 zeds around the building and the chopper was just hovering around m249'n the shit outta em... anyway when it cleared up, pzrapnbeast got down with a squadmate and rescued my ass by doin a transfusion on site..we popped of a couple of more zeds and then got to the choppa safely.... they were even cool enough to let me hang with them for a while since i hadn't met any friendlies and a couple of hours later we crashed and died all together hahahahaahah... but anyway that rescue mission was something out of a fucking movie it was AMAZING i was with my roomate and we couldnt even believe what we were seeing...amazing amazing really some game without any type of structure these guys come and make real rescue missions on the fly literally...best/coolest/realest situation i've ever been in a game! the fuckin TRUTH haha

I'm so sad that I had to go to bed. I heard that this was the most amazing thing ever to happen to us. However, I would like to point out that this demonstrates the importance of knowing where you are when you call us. Had we not had the chopper (THANK YOU CHENARUS TRANSPORT) then we may never have found you.

#77 Chalas

Chalas

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

We were in the server last night when the bandit killed CHENARUS TRANSPORT. We read it all. I would like to offer to be his bodyguard whenever we are on. I am sure a few guys from my group will be willing to help CHENARUS TRANSPORT or Dr Wasteland from time to time.

We could take away the passenger's guns when boarding and give them back when they are dropped off to avoid any danger to the pilot.

PM me if interested. We have a Teamspeak channel for comms as well.

#78 Raiko

Raiko

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Helicopter extractions are amazing. Mainly because the controls are so finicky that every rooftop landing is a chance that you're about throw your team into the blender. We've been practising rooftop extractions and drop-offs on another server and I'm excited to get upcoming patients involved with that.

We still haven't solved the problem of antibiotics being in short supply. Also, we'd have to use dead drops to avoid getting our medics ill and consuming twice as many pills.

#79 jukaga

jukaga

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

I literally had chills running down my spine reading that helicopter extraction story. Emergent gameplay at it's absolute finest. I want to run with you guys, mule, medic, defender; whatever.

#80 cal

cal

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:04 PM

Kudos Doc

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Medic, Wasteland, Trusted