March1

How To Increase FPS/Smooth Out The Game

FYI: You shouldn't reply to this thread because it's abandoned by it's op, don't expect help.

I have same config, except gtx650 for gpu. I will upgrade to i7 this summer but in meaning time I will try this tips. Hopefully they will help, this way I'm getting 25-45fps average..when I'm recording with fraps I'm not loosing even 1fps, but when I try to stream with OBS my fps goes down on 15-20 locked.

If you disable Anisotropic Filtering does that increse fps

Are there any down sides to the RAMdisk thing?  And does it affect anything when I'm not playing dayz?

You are gonna sacrifice your memory for some disk space depending on how big the dayz files are to fit them in. You have to turn it off everytime you stop playing dayz. Not sure if you have to restart your computer, haven't used it for centuries.

For those who want to take the ramdisk a step further, you can use Windows Shell Extension and load important arma 2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead pbo files straight from your ram.  I use the whole 4GB worth (free version of ramdisk) of various PBO files from both.  Boosts loading time and fps of DayZ since DayZ utilizes some of these pbo files too.  

You are gonna sacrifice your memory for some disk space depending on how big the dayz files are to fit them in. You have to turn it off everytime you stop playing dayz. Not sure if you have to restart your computer, haven't used it for centuries.

When I turn it off, do I get the disk space back?  Sorry, I'm not very good at technology. 

For those who want to take the ramdisk a step further, you can use Windows Shell Extension and load important arma 2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead pbo files straight from your ram.  I use the whole 4GB worth (free version of ramdisk) of various PBO files from both.  Boosts loading time and fps of DayZ since DayZ utilizes some of these pbo files too.  

Which files should i put for ramdisk ,mod i play is origins.. thanks in advance

RAM disk won't increase your FPS at all.

I have ArmA 2, Operation Arrowhead and DayZ mod all on my SSD and my frame rate is identical to when they were on a regular HDD. All it will do is decrease loading times and help with stuttering.

• Like 1

Well it help me using linkshell extension thing and putting some arma2oa addons files on it (ramdisk)..i gain 15fps from that... :p