Northling

"ca_dubbing_counterattack" and "deleted.chernarus" problem solution

had these problems:

"You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.chernarus"

and when i started the game i got "ca_dubbing_counterattack"

i solved the issue and thought i´d share it:

what i did was i copied the addons map an put it in the arma 2 operation arrowhead map like this:

copied this map: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\com­mon\arma 2\Addons

and put it here: C:\Program\Steam\steamapps\com­mon\arma 2 operation arrowhead

and heres a link on another way to do it: http://dayzmod.com/f...your-oa-folder/

Edited by Northling
  • Like 26

had the same problem and took me quite some time to figure it out and since the forum have helped me id thought id return the favor ^^

• Like 2

ok i have this problem but do not have the folder program/steam/steamapps/arma2/addons. However i do have program/steam/steamapps/cpmmon/arma2 opperation arrowhead. So i am very confused and frustrated lol. And also what do you mean by map?

Help!!!!!!

o im sry i confused the word folder with map(its what it is named on in my language) so map means folder i think.

if u only got arma 2 operation arrowhead and not arma 2 you only have the expansion since arma 2 operation arrowhead just is an expansion to the arma 2 game.

Edited by Northling
  • Like 1

So are you saying that you copied the Addons folder from Arma 2 and put it into your OA directory instead?

yes i copied the addons folder from arma 2 and pasted it into the OA folder. not in any other folder in the OA folder just straight in in the main folder.

hope this help else ask more and ill try to answer as good as i can

I tried this originally and it did not get rid of my CA_ type errors. What I had to do was copy the contents of arma2\addons to arma2oa\extension\addons and it worked for me.

Wish there was an easier way though, now my folder takes up 14gb

Edited by disorder

im glad this post helped more people then i thought it would. if anyone have any further questions i would be happy to answer them ^^

My ARMA 2 Addons folder was empty! I think that may be the problem.. so on a hunch I verified integrity of ARMA 2. 8.4gb of data missing! I hope it works after the download is finished.. didn't think to look at ARMA 2, had my attention focused on operation arrowhead. If this works I hope you will forever be bathed in precious beans my friend.

well thank you, arma 2 is very important since u probably allready understand it is there the important addons are. since the operation arrowhead is just an expansion to the game :) good luck to you and if u have any further questions or problems dont hesitate ^^

I tried this originally and it did not get rid of my CA_ type errors. What I had to do was copy the contents of arma2\addons to arma2oa\extension\addons and it worked for me.

Wish there was an easier way though, now my folder takes up 14gb

Make sure you run both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA at least once first!

• Like 1

Alternatively, you can use a folder junction (mklink /j <linkname> <target> on Windows 7) if you don't feel like recopying the ~8.8gb folder over again.

• Like 1

Trying it now. I'll see if the main directory is the correct path for the folder, if not I'll try and put it in extensions\addons and let you know if it fixed!

Abnormal it must work .. for everybody :D

Edited by Palisk

I did this, it then came up (when I tried to join a server) with some sort of .pbo files such as air.pbo and air2.pbo which I needed to get rid of. I have now deleted all these files that it told me to and I'm back to what this topic is trying to help with (.chernarus/ca_dubbing) I have arma 2 non-steam and OA steam version, does that change anything?

So it's not possible to play DayZ without ArmA II?

I have only bought ArmA II co - as it says on the web page :/

Requirements:

• ArmA II: Combined Operations
  • DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
  • Balls

Edited by strafferen

I did this, it then came up (when I tried to join a server) with some sort of .pbo files such as air.pbo and air2.pbo which I needed to get rid of. I have now deleted all these files that it told me to and I'm back to what this topic is trying to help with (.chernarus/ca_dubbing) I have arma 2 non-steam and OA steam version, does that change anything?

Ok I am not sure that may be an issue. If you want to know what I did exactly here it is:

copy all arma2\addons files to arma2oa\extension\addons

make sure @DayZ mod is in arma2oa

run the game with this shortcut

"X:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ -nosplash

Replace "X:\Steam" above with your steam folder

• Like 1

This solved 24 hours worth of frustration. Thank you sir, take my beans.

NOTE: arma2 free users just navigate to the arma2 free installation directory and move the addons folder into your operation arrowhead folder. Even if it is your steamapps/common/ directory.

So it's not possible to play DayZ without ArmA II?

I have only bought ArmA II co - as it says on the web page :/

Requirements:

• ArmA II: Combined Operations
  • DayZ Mod Files (Available on the downloads page)
  • Balls

combined operations is arma ll and the expansion in 1

wait sooo pretty much u copy the addons folder in the arma 2 section and then u just paste it into the Arma 2 OA addons folder?

funny how there are thousands of threads about this problem and only now there is a solution. before millions of people have been told to reinstall and follow the wiki properly...