I'm in the process of setting up our first DayZ server, and I'm having a little trouble tracking down any good 'how to' resources.
I have to imagine these documents exist since there are thousands of servers up and running, but I'm striking out like crazy.
All I've been able to track down is a video on YouTube which shows the process for creating a private server, which I assume is a different process than setting up a public one (maybe not?? Maybe the only difference is the mission files along with the whitelisting?).
What I know
- I know that I need to request the instance ID through the support portal... I have a pending request already.
- I know that when the request is approved, they will give me access to necessary mission files
- I'll need to get copies of Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead on my server, as well as the DayZ mod files
- Better instructions will be provided along with the instance ID
- Ports 2302, 2303 and 2305 (TCP and UDP) need to be opened up to the server
Any information you can provide about setting up a server is greatly appreciated. And apologies for asking a question that I assume must be answered somewhere... though for the life of me I cannot find.
My Server was just approved and as stated by a few in this post, everything needed to set up my server was included in the welcome email. For those aspiring to set up your own server, fear not. Also, it took my request 3 days to be approved. I'm not sure if this is an average wait time or not as I have read about others waiting in excess of 1 week.
Edited by SubEclipse, 22 July 2012 - 04:14 PM.