Sign in to follow this  
insan3 (DayZ)

Make LOCKING PRIVATE SERVERS ALLOWED!

I think it's stupid that you can't lock your own servers and just play with your friends. I also know why the reason behind it that it is unfair to other players, but it really isn't. Everyone is entitled to buy they're own servers/host one.

I should be able to lock my own server because i payed for it with my own money. I just want to play with friends, nor care about anyone else that joins.

I would agree with this ONLY if you could not bring your kit to another server. Would be unfair to play on easy mode on your own server and go get completely outfitted and then go to another server will all your shinny new gear and rape face.

• Like 6

This was certainly worthy of a new thread. This topic has most definitely not been covered thorughly and to conclusion in other threads that you yourself actively participated in.

• Like 2

This seems to be already possible, apparently there are servers that aren't on the global hive and therefore people do with them whatever they want. Having a locked server that is on the global hive seems pretty unfair.

No need to be sarcastic Zed. You're obviously a guy who is well experienced on the internet therefore you should know that 99% don't search to see if there's a similar thread.

No need to be sarcastic Zed. You're obviously a guy who is well experienced on the internet therefore you should know that 99% don't search to see if there's a similar thread.

I know; I normally wouldn't comment except that OP himself has personally participated in the threads in question so searching isn't even necessary and is also one of the vocal minority flaming server providers for adhering to the DayZ dev team's rules for hosting.

• Like 2

I think it's stupid that you can't lock your own servers and just play with your friends. I also know why the reason behind it that it is unfair to other players, but it really isn't. Everyone is entitled to buy they're own servers/host one.

I should be able to lock my own server because i payed for it with my own money. I just want to play with friends, nor care about anyone else that joins.

You can have a private server, just make your own hive. There are already servers like this.

You pay for a server. It's your server. Do want you want. You don't have the rights to DayZ though.

Sure. There are plenty of games for that. You still own the server you pay for, doesn't mean you can use DayZ however you wish. :)

• Like 1

You're hosting a server for the community, not you.

get the fuck off my forum post you troll,go buy your own server then you can go post for the community, i only play with friends and i don't plan on server hopping.

You can play with just your friends, but you can't be on the main dayz database so none of your gear carries over.

You're an idiot , stop hosting your precious server,

You're an idiot , stop hosting your precious server,

What happens when a hacker joins the server and nukes everyone...on more than one occasion? If you're paying for a server, you should be able to lock it at will to prevent this.

• Like 1

Ya thats one of the major reasons servers should have a privet/ lock feature. Hackers are a huge problem.

• Like 1

Ya thats one of the major reasons servers should have a privet/ lock feature. Hackers are a huge problem.

Hit the nail on the head! FIX THE HACKING ISSUES = Lock your server. Everyone should be given the option if nothing or little is being done to fix the problem.

It would be really nice if you could some how have some player backround/ history although it seems like a very far fetched idea :(

get the fuck off my forum post you troll,go buy your own server then you can go post for the community, i only play with friends and i don't plan on server hopping.

Why do you need to be connected to the hive then?

• Like 1

hilarious post, why rent a server if you are not happy with the terms and conditions.

Go private hive or don't go private hive, either way stop screaming like a spoilt child.

Seeing as its already allowed and always has been for Private hives seeing as DayZ has no influence.

Locked.

• Like 1