Stry423

How to downgrade/update Arma 2 beta patch

I'm seeing many posts about people asking how to downgrade to a lower patch when new ones come out that aren't stable so here's a little guide.

Step 1: Go to your directory of Arma 2 OA

ex. E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion

Step 2: Delete the Folder named "beta"

Step 3: Install a more stable beta patch

1. Manually update beta - http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
  2. download patch + run exe = Profit

Update through Six Launcher
  1. Go into Six Launcher settings
  2. Check "Update Beta Patch (Otherwise leaves the beta alone)"
  3. Update/Verify = Profit

Step 4: Go back to playing the game

Step 5: This is optional

• Like 18

Delete your beta folder in expansions, then re-install with whichever beta download youd like from the Beta site :3

• Like 1

Delete your beta folder in expansions, then re-install with whichever beta download youd like from the Beta site :3

Wow, you totally did not read the post at all.....are you retarded? I did not ask how you downgrade.....

• Like 1

thanks it fixed my issues You can have a whole can of beans!

Edited by Necrofix
  • Like 1

Intresting, I've never followed those steps. I just download the patch that I need and install it, if it's a previous version it just downgrades on its own. Never had a problem so far.

Thing is, Six Launcher will always install the latest beta, so your "Update through Six Launcher" is somewhat misleading for people wanting to downgrade.

Ive just done a manual rollback from 95099 to 94876 until the servers i play update

Just for Info

Manual Rollback only

I uninstalled Battleye

1) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

Run the uninstaller

2) Delete the Beta folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

As the uninstaller for the beta isnt there any more

3) Delete the BEClient.dll in this folder C:\Users\Chimaera\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

4) Reinstall the corrrect beta update in my case 94876 which because the Battleye is missing it will also trigger the battleye install

5) Login to a server and sit for a couple of mins till battleye updates

Worked for me

Edited by Chimaera
  • Like 1

Thing is, Six Launcher will always install the latest beta, so your "Update through Six Launcher" is somewhat misleading for people wanting to downgrade.

no it doesn't if you were kind enough to look at the latest beta patch its ARMA2 OA Build 95099, it install the version the servers are going off of

Read step 2 again while your at it.

Edited by Stry423

I get asked for a login/password when I try to download the zip file from that website. Any clues?

Try pressing cancel, if not, open up the page in lots of tabs, one should eventually work.

think I might of fucked up my files, anytime go into a sever the game shuts off

Same here dude.. i downgraded to 94876 from 95099. everytime i join a 94876 server it just crash after the " Recieving Date" screen.. Now i can only update my beta patch from Six launcher and play in 95099's server

Ive done what you said with six updater and the servers i try to join still dont work, idk also when i try to go into the game and go from that server list, the game says error creating direct3d 9 graphical engine. People say you have to get the right beta patch...but when i run combined ops it works but the beta patch is wrong it is so confusing...anyone know?

Ive just done a manual rollback from 95099 to 94876 until the servers i play update

Just for Info

Manual Rollback only

I uninstalled Battleye

1) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye

Run the uninstaller

2) Delete the Beta folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta

As the uninstaller for the beta isnt there any more

3) Delete the BEClient.dll in this folder C:\Users\Chimaera\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye

4) Reinstall the corrrect beta update in my case 94876 which because the Battleye is missing it will also trigger the battleye install

5) Login to a server and sit for a couple of mins till battleye updates

Worked for me

Thank you so much. Words cannot express how much I like you.

Thank you so much. Words cannot express how much I like you.

No problem glad i could help

Ive also managed to get this working in a rollback from 95208 which is no 1.62 back to 95099 which is 1.61 and it still works

No problem glad i could help

Ive also managed to get this working in a rollback from 95208 which is no 1.62 back to 95099 which is 1.61 and it still works

Ugh, I keep getting OA.exe has stopped working now.

I think I don't love you anymore. :/

Hi all!

When I realize the actions, at the time of the installation it says to me that my version of ARMA 2 ARROW HEAD is more recent than the one that I want to install, I have to delete the file as explained...

Since Arma2 updated to 1.62 you can't roll back to any prior version anymore.

I tried re installing the game through Steam but it seems that it now already come patched with 1.62 making so that you can't install any patch before 95xxx.

If anyone could help I would love you.