MorninAfterKill

Maximize Frame Rate On DayZ and Arma2 - Low Frames Fix

Wow seriously dude thank you:D Had the game on 8-10 fps, after this i had it on 25-30 fps:D thank you so much mate:)

I LOVE YOU ALL HOMO DUDE. I have a Core 2 Quad at 2.5GHz, and ATI Radeon HD 5570, overclocked to 770 core and 1050 memory, and with everything at normal, except texture and GPU usage on high and Anti-aliasing at None, I'm getting about 60 Frames, everything low about 90-100.

THANK YOU!

Thanks a lot! Tried using this before, don't think it helped all that much. I'm playing on Low or Very Low at the moment and I get steady 30-60 frames per second, even when recording (1080p), but the graphics are not so nice. I used to have a "gaming PC" some 3.5 years ago, which is probably why I can't do much better with it.

If you think there may be something that can increase my quality and framerates, please do reply and I will give all attempts a can of beans, because It's appreciated.

My PC specs are as follows:

Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66 ghz

ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

4 GB DDR3 RAM

1 TB HDD (260 free)

Those are my specs, and as you can see, pretty outdated. When I used to run the game on med to high, I would get sometimes 30, sometimes 40, and sometimes 15-20 frames per second, and I didn't want to go very low because I actually tried it before and it did not really work that good (very low), it was the same as medium or high, just uglier. So, one day after a lot of tweaking, I noticed my graphics card was finally putting an effort to run the game on smooth constant FPS, because the temperature increased from it's idling temp (idling temp is 60-70 for it, and 100 on load. Quite high, yes, but apparently the 4850s are made to work regularly with 100-120, so should be ok).

If there's anything you may think of that can help me, please do reply to me.

Also I tried all sorts of config tweaking, including this one, and what seemed to have increased my performance a lot is setting Video memory to Default.

Probably want to upgrade the GPU man. That game usually takes up much more than 512MB of VRAM. At least a 1GB card should do. My 5570 is 1GB and now its running it at about 60-70 Frames constantly, probably never below 40 in towns.

I would just like to say thank you for these tips.

I run on a IBM server running a Intel Xeon E5335 2.0ghz Quad Core on an Intel server board, with 8gb FB-DDR2, and a GT 630 2GB in a x8 pci-e 1.1 slot, and I get a decent 25-30 fps on medium settings while playing Wasteland.

Before I did any of this optimising, I would be lucky to get 10.

Beans for you, a lot of beans.

Edited by animation303

Hey everyone i just posted this reply on another topic on the forum where people also had problems and now here.

First off all thnx for the help guys.

I've had trouble with this game since i got it -.- Soooo i've spent a lot of time on google and youtube and found a lot of interesting stuff that helped me and also a lot that didn't help.

As said in other posts... we don't all have the same problem so its not sure this will work for you.

So first of all here's my specs.

-Windows 8 Pro 64bit

-Intel wolfdale Dual core OC @ 3.60ghz (stable 24/7 with max temp 47 in BF3 at high)

-7gb mixed DDR2 RAM (yeah i know its not good but the pc is made from old parts i had laying around)

-P5N32 E sli plus Motherboard

-Nvidia 260gtx OC @ Core 656. Shader 1414. Memory 1119. Fan 75. Max temp under 90%-99% load 60*c, idle 46*c

-My primary HDD is a 1tb WD Caviar 5400rpm but i use Ram disk right now. I don't know exactly if Ramdisk made any changes. but i tested write and read speed on the hdd and it was approx 100mb/sec for both read and write so it might not make any big diffference unless you have DDR3 1600mhz or something really fast then it might give some boost.

-550W Corsair PSU

So what i did to make it work at pretty much constant 30fps is:

Startup setting: -noPause -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty (no splash, skipintro and world empty is just to make the game startup faster and no pause does that it doesnt freeze the game when you Alt+Tab out to go on youtube to watch a fail/win compilation for some unknown reason)

Here are my CFG files.

ArmA2.cfg

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1050;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=907149312;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

------------------------------------------------

and Arma2OA.cfg

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1470;

Render_H=917;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=907149312;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=0;

AToC=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

Windowed=0;

serverLongitude=47;

serverLatitude=4;

------------------------------------------------

For my in game settings i have:

https://www.dropbox....1_53_49_734.bmp

And i also set the game as High priority, i had some stutter some times (rare but they were there) and i don't have them with High Priority.

In win7 i think you just have to open Task manager and right click on the game and set priority.

In win8 open Task manager and go to the Details tab and find your Arma2OA and right click go to Set priority and set to High priority. Not affinity !

FPS:

Standing in the forest:

https://www.dropbox....12-08-03-44.bmp

Running:

https://www.dropbox....12-09-28-08.bmp

At a small town:

https://www.dropbox....12-09-47-10.bmp

Sry i couldnt figure out how to upload a pic on the forum ill check it out later :)

I use DayZ Commander to launch the game. The game is bought from steam and the folders with Arma2.cfg and Arma2OA.cfg are in Documents/Arma2 folder.

Hope it will help others out there.

Oh and Btw i updated my Nvidia driver to the latest Beta !!! Got 2 fps

Edited by Bambi's Friend

Hey everyone. This is a concern that I'm having. I noticed that over time (about 2 weeks), that my frames started to slowly get worse. At the moment, instead of a ~30 frames increase, I have a ~5 frames increase instead. I checked the .cfg and it never changed. I have the lowest settings possible and Vram set at default so it takes more advantage of my memory. Something is wrong here. Can anyone build on this?

Tried this and saw a minimal improvement. I play on medium settings, and now my framerate doesn't drop below 35. It still skips around between 45 and 60 constantly.

i5 Intel quad core 3.1ghz

8gb RAM

Nvidia GeForce GTX 670

I have done this on my arma and dayz and my game still runs like shi*t!!. Im struggling to get 15fps in the wilderness when im getting 60fps on bf3. 

If anyone knows good tips or help, would be much appreciated. 

My specs;

amd fx-4100 quad core 3.6GHz

nvidia gtx 750ti

windows 7 32 bit

3.25gb (that's what win 32 caps out at even though i have 8) 

60gb left on my hdd.

so i tried this didnt help i still only get around 20-25 fps an i know its not my computer i have an alienware m17x windows 8.1 with an i7-4910mq quad core 2.9ghz not oc 32gb of ram an a nividia 8gb gtx 880m graphics card so just wondering if anyone can tell me wat the go is an how to get the 60+ fps i should be getting the computer is less then 6months old