MorninAfterKill

Maximize Frame Rate On DayZ and Arma2 - Low Frames Fix

ive been talking to a few people saying that turning off the VSync has helped them out for their frames with Nvidia Cards. most likely everyone experiencing these problems have already done it though. here are some things he's told me to run for nvidia people through the nvidia control panel

Nvidia control panel:

Ambient Occlusion - Off

Anisotropic Filtering - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Gamma Correction - On

AntiAliasing Mode - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Setting - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Transparency - Off

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames - 8

Multi-Display/GPU Accelaration - Single Displace Performance Mode

Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Texture Filtering Sample Optimization - On

Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias - Allow

Texture Filtering Quality - High Performance

Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization - On

Threaded Optimization - Auto

Tripple Buffering - Off

Vertical Sync - Off

I used the settings above and increased my frame rate with bandicam capturing by 5-9 fps when playing DayZ in "Normal" graphics mode and capturing at 720p/100% quality. Now I'm consistently getting 18-22 fps while recording vs average of 13-15 before. My only difference from the settings above was that my max prerendered frames had a maximum of 4 available so I turned it down to 3. I have an older system and GPU. Pleased as punch. Any improvement is welcome and my finished video looks way less choppy.

I'm running:

Windows 7 x64

6.0 GB RAM

AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core 2200Mhz Processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 - 896.00MB RAM GDDR3 - Driver Version 301.42 (latest)

I might run a few tests with the prerendered frames set at 2 or 1 and see if there is a noticeable difference.

Edited by RupertPupkin74

I did what you said. The .cfg file and the nVidia Control Panel configurations.

I got a more smooth gameplay... Exceeding 60 FPS at some places. Which was before impossible.

It wasn't a miracle, but it's being a nice headway :)

Now I can reach 30 FPS or a little bit more outside cities and 19~28 FPS inside it. I really think my PC can do better...

My specs:

•AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz

•4GB DDR3 1333 RAM

•nVidia GTS450

@EDIT

I noticed that is just need to be close a city to get the FPS down, and sometimes it's really annoying :(

Edited by CaioEPS

I used the settings above and increased my frame rate with bandicam capturing by 5-9 fps when playing DayZ in "Normal" graphics mode and capturing at 720p/100% quality. Now I'm consistently getting 18-22 fps while recording vs average of 13-15 before. My only difference from the settings above was that my max prerendered frames had a maximum of 4 available so I turned it down to 3. I have an older system and GPU. Pleased as punch. Any improvement is welcome and my finished video looks way less choppy.

I'm running:

Windows 7 x64

6.0 GB RAM

AMD Phenom 9550 Quad Core 2200Mhz Processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 - 896.00MB RAM GDDR3 - Driver Version 301.42 (latest)

I might run a few tests with the prerendered frames set at 2 or 1 and see if there is a noticeable difference.

I ran a test last night where I set my pre rendered frames to 1. In the DayZ video options menu I am playing on "High" quality but I turned my visibilty down to below 1300. It still has a decent draw distance, what I can see looks nice in high quality, and I'm getting a minimum of 18 fps in Cherno.

Thanks again for this awesome post!

Please can someone whelp me with his..I'm trying to improve my fs, and a lot of examples suggest setting the video memory to default.. however..

Under the in-game video options, I have no option next to video memory saying 'default', I can only chose from low, medium or high :/

is this the same for anyone else?

if so Is there a way around it?

Sorry but this didn't work. Instead I used another metod that also helped me out.

feel free to share any methods you used in here to help other people that this might have had little to no effect on!

• Like 1

Could anyone please help me? :|

I've bought arma 2 CO, just for dayz.. I wasn't sure if my computer would start the game. But it did, after installing dayz, i opened it up. I had like 5-10 FPS, on lowest settings.

After tweaking some stuff, speeding up my computer. It's still 15-25 fps. It isn't that enjoy-able ^_^ then.

Here are my specs :

Pentium Dual-Core 2.10GHz

4GB

Geforce GT220m

Is there anything i could do? i heard some stuff about -maxmem or some commands... where do I put that to an example?

Also if there is anything more I could do for speeding up DayZ? please answer quickly. BTW I've done what you said in the tutorial, if helped some frames.

Edited by Olivere99

Well ive been lurking these forums and havent really seen anything on this. Every other game I have runs beautifully and no less than 60 frames.

For some reason this game was giving me and a few friends a steady 22 frames, dipping to sometimes 18 when recording. After speaking to a

friend thats an Arma2 vet he helped me out with this fix and now the game runs at no less than 60 frames in 1080 resolution. Figured I'd try to make

my first post here a helpful and informative one, instead of the age old ''introduction'' threads.

Hope this helped anyone around here if they were having the same trouble as me. Any and all feedback is always welcome :D

<3 MAK

And what might this fix be?

And what might this fix be?

You're... you're kidding right? You quoted the answer to your question from the original post. Did you watch the video? Did you read the thread?

You're... you're kidding right? You quoted the answer to your question from the original post. Did you watch the video? Did you read the thread?

Oh a video. Couldn't just write it there? Takes 2 or 3 seconds to scan some text. Takes more time to load, watch, and listen to a video :/

Thank you so much for pointing this out to everybody Mornin. I will definitely try this out when I get home from work, kinda makes me wanna say fuk u guys at work to run home and play lol. But then I would die of starvation....

Oh a video. Couldn't just write it there? Takes 2 or 3 seconds to scan some text. Takes more time to load, watch, and listen to a video :/

well i apologize for the inconvenience of showing you how and where the files are. i originally made this video for my subscribers that were complaining

about arma 2 being a resource whore. so i put some time and effort into researching and asking around about how to fix this in the most easiest way possible.

the easiest way for most people is to see the actual instructions being put to use....then i came across these forums and saw people asking the same questions

my subs were...so i figured why not post this up here for everyone else....im not an expert at the game, nor can i offer any pro tips to keep you alive...but after

reading this thread i felt like i made a valid contribution to the forums :D i have so many beans!

Edit - To those trying this out tonight please report back with what card you have an how much of an improvement there is. ive posted some Nvidia information in the last

few pages too for those not seeing it, this same fix can be achieved in the Nvidia Graphics Console and set the max prerendered frames to about 3 or 4

Edited by MorninAfterKill
  • Like 2

well i apologize for the inconvenience of showing you how and where the files are. i originally made this video for my subscribers that were complaining

about arma 2 being a resource whore. so i put some time and effort into researching and asking around about how to fix this in the most easiest way possible.

the easiest way for most people is to see the actual instructions being put to use....then i came across these forums and saw people asking the same questions

my subs were...so i figured why not post this up here for everyone else....im not an expert at the game, nor can i offer any pro tips to keep you alive...but after

reading this thread i felt like i made a valid contribution to the forums :D i have so many beans!

Edit - To those trying this out tonight please report back with what card you have an how much of an improvement there is. ive posted some Nvidia information in the last

few pages too for those not seeing it, this same fix can be achieved in the Nvidia Graphics Console and set the max prerendered frames to about 3 or 4

Sorry for feeding the troll MAK. I should have just let it go but are we really to the point where watching a video is too hard? Sigh...

MAK, thank you for making a video which provided easy to follow instructions and then keeping up with the thread and continuing to help beyond your original research. This is still one of the best threads on the forums.

I've got 2x Radeon 5870's in Crossfire so I'll try this out tonight and let you know.

I tried this with my 6870, it dropped my FPS from around 17 in elektro to 10 :/ . This FPS problem is so bad, on games like MW3 I can get 200+ FPS

Edited by Dan_Frog

Tried it, no noticable FPS increase...

I still struggle to stay around 30fps. Its ridiculous, even changing all settings from low to high and visa versa still gives me the same FPS. I don't know what to do. Such a poorly optimised engine.

Tried it, no noticable FPS increase...

I still struggle to stay around 30fps. Its ridiculous, even changing all settings from low to high and visa versa still gives me the same FPS. I don't know what to do. Such a poorly optimised engine.

This fixed my FPS issue with Arma 2:

I did NOT make this video,all credits go to the guy who made it.

Everyone,if the method on this thread did not work,be sure to check out the video above.

• Like 1

awesome man! glad to see theres more people out there trying to help, if you guys didnt see any frame increase from my video, try this out and let us all know what your results are! always looking to absorb more info :D

Could anyone scroll back up and please help me out? :|

well you said you have a pentium dual core 2.1 ghz processor...that seems like it might be a tad low to run ARMA. the fact that youre getting 15-22 frames is actually pretty good from what ive seen similar computers do

For NVIDIA Users! Go to your NVIDIA Control Panel go to manage 3D settings and turn threaded optimization on, and click apply! This way no matter what, whenever your PC runs DayZ it always uses all your cores. Sometimes threaded optimization in the ArmaOA config does not work for me. So bottom line

Control Panel>NVIDIA Control Panel> Manage 3D Settings > ArmaOA > Turn Threaded optimization on

Hope it helps! Helped me, but ya know it's different for all of us! :)

For NVIDIA Users! Go to your NVIDIA Control Panel go to manage 3D settings and turn threaded optimization on, and click apply! This way no matter what, whenever your PC runs DayZ it always uses all your cores. Sometimes threaded optimization in the ArmaOA config does not work for me. So bottom line

Control Panel>NVIDIA Control Panel> Manage 3D Settings > ArmaOA > Turn Threaded optimization on

Hope it helps! Helped me, but ya know it's different for all of us! :)

hmmm any ideas if this is possible in the ATI control panel, i wouldnt mind using all 4 cores to run this :D