MorninAfterKill

Maximize Frame Rate On DayZ and Arma2 - Low Frames Fix

Holy shit bro, I love you. I went from like 12 FPS to 40 xD

Take my beans you sexy bastard.

Well ive been lurking these forums and havent really seen anything on this. Every other game I have runs beautifully and no less than 60 frames.

For some reason this game was giving me and a few friends a steady 22 frames, dipping to sometimes 18 when recording. After speaking to a

friend thats an Arma2 vet he helped me out with this fix and now the game runs at no less than 60 frames in 1080 resolution. Figured I'd try to make

my first post here a helpful and informative one, instead of the age old ''introduction'' threads.

Hope this helped anyone around here if they were having the same trouble as me. Any and all feedback is always welcome :D

<3 MAK

LOVE YOU + JAY .. IF IT WORKS.. be back later ..

Edited by evil.piggeh

Gave me an extra 10 FPS indoors, up to 70FPS, but I still dropped to 30 in forests. Interestingly, the latest beta patch has now made my frame rate more consistent, so it is always around 40 (in forests) to 55FPS but it never seems to go above that now... In other words i've lost max FPS to gain a steadier overall value.

Edit: On GTX 570

Edited by nfsmwbefast

it seems majority of the users not seeing any type of gains from this are nvidia rated cards. also i now have a lot of beans, i wish they showed up in game :D

• Like 1

it seems majority of the users not seeing any type of gains from this are nvidia rated cards. also i now have a lot of beans, i wish they showed up in game :D

Yeah, but would you have any idea on how to fix it ?

I mean seriously, 120fps in the wild down to 25 in a town, it's ridiculous.

I've spent hours trying to get my game running beyond 20fps and not much luck. I think the most FPS I've ever got was 42, that was a few patches ago. I have an nvia card as well and have done all the standard fixes:

-high -world=empty -cpuCount=4 -nosplash -maxmem=6192

AToC=0;

FXAA=0;

PPAA=0;

PPAA_Level=0;

ATI 5850 and no increase at all =( was really hoping this would work as bandicam steals a lot of FPS

Hey guys

I've been playing arma since it came out back in 09.

Here's a great page of tweaks you can try.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5769

Also if you have an nvidia card try creating a arma 2 OA profile and there you can limit the max prerendered frames to 3-4.

Back in 09 I built a computer to play arma and the frame rates sucked. After a while I found out that it was prerendering like 10000 frames in advance and after setting it to a normal number ,3, I worked perfectly.

Anyway hope this page is useful

There's a command line you can run to make Arma 2 launch using more than 1 CPU core. I've got an AMD Phenom II x6 1090t processor, using all 6 cores, get 60 fps.

It's all about the CPU, not the GPU.

There's a command line you can run to make Arma 2 launch using more than 1 CPU core. I've got an AMD Phenom II x6 1090t processor, using all 6 cores, get 60 fps.

It's all about the CPU, not the GPU.

And what is that command line ?

How to set it ?

Hey guys

I've been playing arma since it came out back in 09.

Here's a great page of tweaks you can try.

http://www.armaholic...age.php?id=5769

Also if you have an nvidia card try creating a arma 2 OA profile and there you can limit the max prerendered frames to 3-4.

Back in 09 I built a computer to play arma and the frame rates sucked. After a while I found out that it was prerendering like 10000 frames in advance and after setting it to a normal number ,3, I worked perfectly.

Anyway hope this page is useful

Link is dead, goes to a summary page but the links to the post are 404. :(

Link is dead, goes to a summary page but the links to the post are 404. :(

Just search armaholic in yahoo it'll pop up. That site has tons of info on arma 2 and how to maximize your settings for optimal frame rates.

It's true this game is heavily CPU coded. But I went from like 20 frames to 60 at all times just by changing the maxrendered frames.

ive been talking to a few people saying that turning off the VSync has helped them out for their frames with Nvidia Cards. most likely everyone experiencing these problems have already done it though. here are some things he's told me to run for nvidia people through the nvidia control panel

Nvidia control panel:

Ambient Occlusion - Off

Anisotropic Filtering - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Gamma Correction - On

AntiAliasing Mode - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Setting - Application controlled

AntiAliasing Transparency - Off

Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames - 8

Multi-Display/GPU Accelaration - Single Displace Performance Mode

Power Management Mode - Prefer Maximum Performance

Texture Filtering Sample Optimization - On

Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias - Allow

Texture Filtering Quality - High Performance

Texture Filtering Trilinear Optimization - On

Threaded Optimization - Auto

Tripple Buffering - Off

Vertical Sync - Off

• Like 1

im bumping this for the new Nvidia information. you can also change the max prerendered frames in the 3d GPU settings in the control panel to the same that we did in the config files. if any Nvidia guys try this out let me know. and as always, make sure you remember your previous settings before changing anything in your control panel, that way you can always revert!

im bumping this for the new Nvidia information. you can also change the max prerendered frames in the 3d GPU settings in the control panel to the same that we did in the config files. if any Nvidia guys try this out let me know. and as always, make sure you remember your previous settings before changing anything in your control panel, that way you can always revert!

Yea I have mine set in the nvidia control panel. Works great! I'll post my setting when I get home.

Turn your prerendered frames to like 3 or 4

• Like 1

Yea I have mine set in the nvidia control panel. Works great! I'll post my setting when I get home.

Turn your prerendered frames to like 3 or 4

do you have a screen capping program thats capable of showing your settings throughout the control panel for dayz. id love to update my video with information for Nvidia Users

Edited by MorninAfterKill