MorninAfterKill

Maximize Frame Rate On DayZ and Arma2 - Low Frames Fix

wow man that was the most useful post i ve found in forums. Even though i think it's in the wrong section... Thanks a lot you have my beans :D

• Like 5

haha damn glad for the beans, been starving out here all alone! haha which section should this go into and i'll post it there!

• Like 3

sweet il give this a go! i run bandicam also an my fps is between 25-30 without recording and when recording dips to around 18 at most :/ hopefully this will work :) thanks

Just tested this out. I was running everything on low before with about 30 fps, now I have everything on very high settings with max visibility and amazing fps. :)

Just tested this out. I was running everything on low before with about 30 fps, now I have everything on very high settings with max visibility and amazing fps. :)

glad i could help out man, i knew something was wrong when i turned on the FPS counter. seems the game wants to try to render things 1000 frames in advance wtf lol

Have changed these settings and quickly logged in... seemed to notice about a 10fps increase in the few seconds that I was logged in for... will give this a more thorough test tonight...

Thanks for the info!

Can you post up what kind of video card you have. Im trying to figure out exactly why some people it works like a charm and some people it doesnt seem to do anything for

For everyone thats used this and seen a performance enhancement from this it seems everyone so far that Ive talked to has had an ATI Series Card. Can anyone else that has done this and seen performance enhancements from it confirm they too have an ATI card?

• Like 2

I have a 2gb nvidia gtx 680 and i didnt notice a boost. Hunting for a fix for my card as its easily good enough to run the pants of arma 2. Yet i still cant run maximum settings (Have to have interface resolution on 1900x1020 and 3d resolution on 1680x945) or my fps drops below 30. Thanks for your time.

For everyone thats used this and seen a performance enhancement from this it seems everyone so far that Ive talked to has had an ATI Series Card. Can anyone else that has done this and seen performance enhancements from it confirm they too have an ATI card?

I can confirm that. I'm using an ATI card and saw a huge increase in performance.

A little bit of fps increase for me. None for friend.

PlayClaw 3 is a much better program for recording games, it takes advantage of multicore CPUs. I get literally no FPS loss when I record with it. I used to use Bandicam but now I only use it for recording my desktop. Fraps is just straight up garbage in comparison to both. Fraps does have the "loop buffer" option but PlayClaw does as well, making Fraps completely obsolete. Bandicam records better than Fraps but worse than PlayClaw. Bandicam can record the desktop and PlayClaw can't(it can however record a ton of different programs).

As far as quality, they can all record the same quality of video so it's all about which of them does it the most efficiently. PlayClaw > Bandicam > Fraps. There are plenty of others but PlayClaw is my favorite out of the dozens I've tried.

Anyway this tip in the video did help me a bit and I'm using a GTX 550Ti.

Edited by Psychobob
  • Like 1