#1 Guitar

Guitar

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

So I just started playing DayZ, and besides the loading problems and such, I am having a problem with the game itself (I think). When I'm playing, the screen seems to washout to black and white or even a sepia like tone. I think it happens more when my health is lower or I get hit by a zombie, so I am not sure if it is supposed to be like that. Rejoining the server has helped before, but it really gets to the point I cannot play it because I can't differentiate much. Is this a bug, or something I can change in settings? I'm running an ATI 5850 if that matters.

#2 TheC1aw

TheC1aw

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:18 AM

when you lose blood you will lose color. Even a small amount of blood can make a huge difference in the color you see. 12k - pretty colors 9k - grayish tint
  • Guitar gave their beans

#3 Guitar

Guitar

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:20 AM

when you lose blood you will lose color. Even a small amount of blood can make a huge difference in the color you see. 12k - pretty colors 9k - grayish tint

That is kind of overkill. I understand why they implement it, but yeah I was at around 8.5-9k health and it went almost all washed out...good to know I guess.

#4 TheC1aw

TheC1aw

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

i kind of agree, maybe start losing serious color around 6-7k but its all good. its intensified if you play at night obviously

#5 Guitar

Guitar

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:42 AM

Just had this problem again, it seems to maybe be a server issue? Since it is night here, I connected to a server in DE (Denmark??) and it made me and my friend go both black and white.