5 replies to this topic

#1 Acqui

Acqui

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hi everyone, I've been trying to play DayZ for 2 days now and I've grown increasingly frustrated. I've followed all of the steps in downloading Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead, and I've downloaded DayZ too.

My main problem is that when I try to join servers, I always disconnect or get a message like this. "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted". Please give me any help you can. I am quite desperate now and it would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Edited by Acqui, 17 July 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#2 StugB

StugB

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

i get this as well it always changes once it said that anims was deleted and now its saying that chernaurus is deleted.

#3 RTribesman

RTribesman

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

This is a quick rundown of how i install new updates with 0 problems. Steam only.

-Both games fully installed and ran before any mods or betas are applied.
-Dayz Updater ran and fully updated. Sometimes this updater has issues, in which case i use the torrent file instead. This can be found on the dayz website under "download alpha". Note. The files inside the torrent get extracted into: Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon or if you havent used the default folder then find your install of steam and go to \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addon make sure you replace the existing files if necessary.
-Download latest beta patch (currently ARMA2_OA_Build_95054.zip) from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php
-Run the .exe and install.
-Heres the important bit most people miss or do not do correctly: Go back to your steam directory, default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common, open the folder "arma 2 operation arrowhead" then rename "arma2OA.exe" to something like "xxxarma2OA.exe"(this is to create a backup should you ever need to remove the patch). From that same directory you need to move on to a folder named\Expansion\ then \beta\. Within here you will find another file named "arma2OA.exe". You need to right-click and copy this, then paste into \steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead(make sure you overwrite the existing .exe if necessary).
-Next just paste the following into "launch options" of Arma II: Operation Arrowhead" in your steam library: -beta=Expansion\beta;ca;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZ;ca
-Be sure to launch the game as "combined operations". The game should be fully working and playable.

#4 Acqui

Acqui

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Thanks for the replies. I can now play DayZ but I seem to be having yet another problem. All of the possible servers for me to join have the red "X" to left of them, signaling that I can't join them. Any ideas on how to fix this?

#5 BuddyMcFriend

BuddyMcFriend

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

Same problem as Acqui!!

#6 GrunchRingo

GrunchRingo

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

The game is at the latest version so the beta won't install. Where do I go from here?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: problem, connection, dayz, deleted, content, help