Sign in to follow this  
Crysiiz

Frames dropping, Don't know reason

Ok so I have tried all the trouble shooting ideas in these threads and still get bad frame drops every 20-30 seconds even on the lowest settings. I get a solid 40-50 frames but It will sporadically drop to 4-5 for 1-2 seconds this is very frustrating and I should be able to run the game without an issue.

PC Specs.

PROCESSOR:INTEL CORE I7-2670QM QUAD CORE PROCESSOR @ 2.20 Boosts to 3.1 GHz

: 8GB (4GBX2) 1333MHZ DDR3 MEMORY

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 560M 1.5GB DEDICATED GFX WITH OPTIMUS

HD: 640GB 7200RPM SATA HARD DRIVE

​If anyone could help me out it would be greatly APPRECIATED.

close six launcher in background if you have periodly frame drops, worked for me

Edited by Smithy

Posted this in a similar thread. I'd give it about a 90% chance of fixing your problem. The i7's seem to have trouble with this game, now sure why.

I had a similar problem. There are many potential fixes cycling around on the forums.

I have an i7-2720QM processor for my mobile pc and it seems to have issues running DayZ mod but not ARMA II itself. I tried about 1000 different optimization tricks. Disabled core parking, took off intel boosting options, changed launch options, etc...

The exact problem I had could be described like this: I can run Day Z mod on the absolute lowest settings or the absolute highest settings and get the same problem either way. It was actually easier to play with much higher graphics settings rather than low settings. The problem was that the game would run great for about a minute or two, and then every 3 seconds or so (sometimes more frequently) the FPS would drop significantly to unplayable levels. I have now discovered that it was probably the GPU or CPU getting too hot and the intel smart boost was backing my CPU off (800 Mhz instead of the normal 2.2Ghz to boosted 3.3Ghz) to more rapidly cool the computer off.

I downloaded a program called ThrottleStop by TechPowerUp.

WARNING: Before you use this program read up on how it works. DO NOT just install it and start clicking all of the fancy buttons because it will probably cause your CPU/GPU to heat up extensively if you do not know what you are doing. Luckily most computers shut off before anything bad can happen to your hardware...but be careful and USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Here is the link to a very helpful ThrottleStop guide:

http://forum.noteboo...stop-guide.html

Here is the download link that I used:

http://www.techpower...eStop_4.00.html

You can use this program to manage the CPU speed and GPU/CPU temps to make the game run more smoothly. Also if you are running a laptop try propping the back of your unit up on a hardback textbook (or get a good cooling pad) because this significantly reduced the heat of my computers components.

Once again, be careful with this program.

Also, it might be nice if someone with authority could make a post about this program (potentially pin it) and the success that it can give users that are experiencing the graphical stutter issues. I can play great using this utility properly.

Signed: Dat Cheez

• Like 2

crazy, you def should be able to play this no problem! umm try uninstalling everything and try to reinstall, delete even the sixlauncher then rerun installer then updater, other than that i donno :\ also try not haveing steam.exe running and close six launcher after your in the sever like smithy had said.

That sounds just like the problem Im having cheeze, a question before I go ahead with the install, has it fixed your problem and does it make your laptop overly hot when playing?

If you use the alarm function built into the program it will automatically switch between profiles when the GPU gets to a certain temperature. Using the program the CPU stays under 70C but the GPU gets close to 80C tops. I've done some research and I'm pretty certain that this is within the acceptable temperature levels for my CPU/GPU. My GPU is a Radeon HD 6990M.

The program has 4 profiles. I created Number 4 to be my optimal settings profile, and then I set the alarm to change to profile 1 if the GPU gets over 80C. Profile 1 throttles my CPU back to 800Mhz to cool off my GPU rapidly. My GPU temp hovers from 70 to 80 depending on how much animation is happening on screen. The program is designed to manage heat. I think the reason that your computer is throttling is because the GPU/CPU are getting too hot in the first place.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if I didn't answer your question well enough.

• Like 1

This all seems a little over my head haha, I've read through the guide a couple of times and I still cannot quite grasp it.

Could I maybe get a screen shot of your setting since your running the same processor as me?

you need a fast defragged hdd better a ssd, and much mhz more than much cpu cores. 2-4 are enough.

bottleneck is the massive amount of data which is loaded, if you have 20gb ram you can load it up then you dont need a ssd

Iplay without any lag with my amd 6000+ 2gb ram 4870 1gb and a fast ssd 500mb/s read/write (all high-normal)

the game dont need a ultimate graphic card.

Edited by Smithy