Justice357

Are Ghillied Suits and NV Goggles spawning?

Yeah there is nothing in patch notes and no posts from MODS any where. No idea about Heli crash sites but they do not spawn at residential spots that's for sure.

I have been looking for a Ghullie suit for 2 weeks now with no succes.

It should spawn alot more since it has the same spawn ratio (Not sure if its a fact) as a A.L.I.C.E. back pack, witch i have found 20 or perhaps more.

However i have heard players saying the Ghillie suit is still obtainable at the heli crash sites.

Residential Ghillie suit looks bugged or it has changed from what i've heard.

Would like to hear some actual facts.

I wear a female skin, when I looked into it at the time the forums said that they had not coded for the females to wear them yet. So I could not tell you if it was a residential bug or not. Was going to give it to my friend, but died before I could give it to him :D

I've been crawling the NW Airfield recently, so I am hoping I will find another one. I figured the one I did find was one of those .0001% chances to find and I got lucky. I about crapped a brick when I found it because it was certainly the last thing I expected to find. Facts I am not sure about, exept for what I experienced. I did find one in an apartment - must have been maybe a month ago... but I would never expect to find another one in that locale again.

• Like 1

If you look at dayzdb.com and do a search for a ghillie suit, it doesn't show any current spots where it spawns at - I think they harvest their data from the DayZ files, so I presume it's safe to say they don't spawn at all right now in 1.7.2.3

Where did you find it? Do they spawn in the Barracks? I've also yet to find that 24 slot Coyote pack.

EDIT: I also haven't found a single vehicle or bike since I started last week. Is this normal? They don't spawn often, do they?

24 slot backpacks still spawn, in the NW airfield I've found them in barracks, hangars and the fire station.

Deerstands seem to have either no loot or empty cans, tins and bottles.

I find a lot of empty deer stands, but also a lot with AKM, AKS Kobra, etc. I think I found a silenced m9 at a deer stand post 1.7.2.3

it definitely seems like something has changed with the way loot spawns. I keep encountering completely empty supermarkets

I still think it was a very stupid move from rocket to take out the bandit skin....

btw. I dont know why guillie suits were removed, put them back guys, there´s no reason to remove it <_<

• Like 1

btw. I dont know why guillie suits were removed, put them back guys, there´s no reason to remove it <_<

I don't know, I think camo is fine but ghillie is kinda OP. It makes your backpack invisible and you are almost impossible to spot in grass.

I don't know, I think camo is fine but ghillie is kinda OP. It makes your backpack invisible and you are almost impossible to spot in grass.

Yet in urban area's you become a moving bush. Edited by Cryptex

If you look at dayzdb.com and do a search for a ghillie suit, it doesn't show any current spots where it spawns at - I think they harvest their data from the DayZ files, so I presume it's safe to say they don't spawn at all right now in 1.7.2.3

Yeah I wish I checked there before spending so much time trying to find one. >.>

For those who are not familiar with the site; http://dayzdb.com/map#3.138.058 no ghillie or camo drop in .3

Same here. Now I know to quit looking!

Found several ghillies as natural spawns prior to 1.7.2.3. Haven't found any since.

• Like 1

Why is the dayz team not shedding any light on this?

I also heard that the vehicle spawn has been nerfed.

I found a ghillie recently. It was in the Cherno Apartment buildings 2% chance right? I put it on and still glitched so I think they are there. Maybe a "hotfix" has removed them for now until those errors are seen to.

Why is the dayz team not shedding any light on this?

I would like to know this too. There has been zero communication from Rocket&Co lately, just a bit of chat here and there, nothing related to actual game mechanics.

Q: - What happened to alternative skins, will we get camo and ghillie back?

Q: - Is there a solution on the way for the dc issue or is it postponed till dayz is feature complete?

A: - Complete radio silence. Chirping crickets. A tumbleweed blows across the screen.

I found a ghillie recently. It was in the Cherno Apartment buildings 2% chance right? I put it on and still glitched so I think they are there. Maybe a "hotfix" has removed them for now until those errors are seen to.

I put on a ghillie today and everything was perfectly fine. Found it on some players corpse, no clue why he didn't wear it.

If you look on this interview, at 31:40 they ask a question about the possibility of the removable of changeable skins in the game, which Rocket replied with them being a "hack" and the Arma2 engine wasn't designed to support it. This certainly explains the removal of ghillies, camo clothing and even the bandit skin but it seemed he's hopeful to introduce them again, whether it be in the standalone version of DayZ or a later patch which should be sometime this week :)

EDIT: Clothing is being put back into the game in the new patch 1.7.2.4 :D

Edited by CombatWombat

They only have like a 0.11% spawn chance so dont be supprised if you dont ever find one bad luck is all.