Justice357

Are Ghillied Suits and NV Goggles spawning?

Yeah, I'm a newish player and have never HAD a ghillied suit. However I found one when they were broken and it took all my items upon equip.

Anyway, now that they're fixed I've visisted the barracks about 20 times on the same server and different servers. I never find NV goggles or Silenced weapons. Am I in the right area? Has anyone found any of this stuff since the last patch?

Final question..... The old bandit morphing skin. It looked awesome but I only got into the game by the time the bandit morph was removed. Can you find that skin anywhere?

• Like 1

I found my Ghillie in 1.7.2 aswell as my NvG... Since 1.7.2.3 I havent seen them around...

As for silenced weapons I found a Silenced Pistol...

Where did you find it? Do they spawn in the Barracks? I've also yet to find that 24 slot Coyote pack.

EDIT: I also haven't found a single vehicle or bike since I started last week. Is this normal? They don't spawn often, do they?

Edited by Justice357

Haven't found any Ghillie or camo since the patch, but NVGs are definitely spawning.

Try to find helicopter crash sites.

I've found one helicopter crash site but the gun was firing all glitchy and there was nothing laying around it. They don't spawn in the same spots, eh? Gotta go looking for them? Maybe my friend and I will spend the day doing that instead.

• Like 1

ive only joined one server recently i played for a few hours but all the loot was strange, within 30mins i found about 6 cheque packs 4 pouches 3 alices and only smaller piles of loot some food and ammo but in supermarkets it was mostly JUST bags, i haven't played since but it seems to me that in some cases the loot might be fucked.

either that or the server i joined hadn't been restarted for a looong time. i lost my ghillie the first time i joined a 1.7.2.3 server so i've been hunting for a new one aswell.

Edited by Phill

Yeah the Minigun on it looks glitched, me and my friend found a DMR, L85 Thermal/Night scope and NVG's all on one crash site.

If you found a crash site many patches ago they didn't used to spawn any loot, and were kinda buggy.

Edit: Only vehicle I found was weeks ago, and that was a bicycle that a guy was riding round on. Oh and a bus I saw driving along the coast.

Edited by Sim

NVG's spawn in hangars, I was lucky enough to find a few tents and they had ghillie's.

Saw plenty of vehicles.

me and my friend found a DMR, L85 Thermal/Night scope and NVG's all on one crash site.

Damnit, I found an L85 at a crash site the other day, thought they had been removed and didnt work so I left it. There was a nameless item below it too, that added to me thinking I should just leave it there.

I was wearing a ghillie at the time of the last major patch, it just dissapeared and Im back in civies now.

The vehicles on most servers have been taken by clans and hidden away off map. Any that are left are usually snatched up quickly and hidden in the woods by other survivors.

OP, if youve only been playing for a week, its really not unusual for you not to have found all of the rarest loot in the game. If it was possible for everyone to get that high tier gear right off the bat, the game would have zero longevity asside from pvp.

Edited by Ezekiel_2517

I just found a Silenced M9 and a Coyote pack. They are there, just probably really random. I found my stuff up at the NE airfield. In hangars and in the ATC Tower.

Damnit. Both of you have mentioned hangers and the ATC tower. Is that the one with rubble in the entrance?

My friend and I have done this place a gazillion times but being noobs we figured the barracks was really the only place to look or so the wiki would have you believe. Now I'm gonna have to stick my ass out even more to search the hangers also? :P

Up at the NE Airfield, there is no rubble blocking the ground entrance to the ATC Tower. There are only 2 hangars there, but so far that area has been good to me.

Ahhh I was thinking of the NW Airfield. My map only shows 2 Barracks at THAT airfield so we always go there. I figured that was the only place to get a silenced M4A1 like the wiki says.

I Have found most of my NVGs on players and in tents. The only spawned pair I found was at a heli crash site using 1.7.2.3 current patch.

Found 3 silenced weapons all at once in the military tents in berezino so its probably totally random.

Was the first time i ever went to a military loot spawn so i was rather happy. Died a couple of hours later though.

As for NV goggles and ghillies, havent seem them after they added the latest patch.

Edited by Sodanorway

Think I'm gonna do a round at the NW field since I hid in the trees not far from the base last night. Then when I get off later tonight try to go to the NE field and search for helicopters along the way. I assume it's dangerous as hell on that path though and i'll be holding ALT down for the duration of the run. Hah.

Also to the above poster i've never actually visited that city. I might have to do that also since it seems to have everything.

Edited by Justice357

Since 1.7.2.3 and latest arma patches my group has searched everywhere.....no camo and no ghillies. Deerstands seem to have either no loot or empty cans, tins and bottles. Everything else seems to spawn fine just not alternative clothing.

Bring back bandit skins and Helis!!

• Like 2

I've found one helicopter crash site but the gun was firing all glitchy and there was nothing laying around it. They don't spawn in the same spots, eh? Gotta go looking for them? Maybe my friend and I will spend the day doing that instead.

sometimes if you approach them to fast the loot won't spawn right away, I useually take my time and pic off all the military zeds for their loot first (not that I ever get anything good from crash sights).

also I think the flashing gun thing always happens, pretty sure all the copters I've found have had one broken minigun and one working one thats mid fire animation (loot spawns next to the firing one), not sure if it's just a glitch with the model or what, makes them easier to see at night though.

I just destroyed a camp on UK666 so there should be a lot of vehicles and cool weapons spawning on that server now.

A few versions back (before they were fixed I guess because I couldn't put it on) I actually found one in an apartment in either cherno or electro. Had a bad run of deaths and decided I was just going to run full tilt through the town. The apartment was across the street from a church that someone had lit up with flares. I found the suit and was thinking holy crap I can't believe I found one!! In an apartment!! I knew they were pretty rare. Anyway, I made it out of town alive (on my belly about to have a heart attack...) and the next time I played I lost it. Easy come, easy go.

Good luck finding one :)

• Like 1

I have been looking for a Ghullie suit for 2 weeks now with no succes.

It should spawn alot more since it has the same spawn ratio (Not sure if its a fact) as a A.L.I.C.E. back pack, witch i have found 20 or perhaps more.

However i have heard players saying the Ghillie suit is still obtainable at the heli crash sites.

Residential Ghillie suit looks bugged or it has changed from what i've heard.

Would like to hear some actual facts.

• Like 1