Frijoles

Reddit Rescue Force - Fairy Godmothers of the Zompocolypse

I have been playing DayZ since mid April, and to be quite frank about it, after the millionth time of being shot in the face for a can of beans I started playing lone wolf and have been ever since.

Today I broke a leg in Krasnostav and couldn't be arsed crawling for hours to a hospital, then I remembered this sub-reddit: http://www.reddit.co...ditRescueForce/

I posted a rescue request, and within 2 minutes I was contacted by Khalkhalash, 20 minutes later BAM! Morphine, ammo, food and drink. The 5 guys who saved my arse also allowed me to team up, and quite frankly I had my best (and longest) session since I started playing.

Awesome, epic and a great bunch of guys. Give it a shot the next time you make a stupid mistake and need help.

• Like 1

But if you call for help on reddit, please don't forget to check the background (account age/karma/etc.) of everyone contacting you, because there have been a few infamous incidents involving false medics as well as trick requests on this subreddit in the past days and weeks.

• Like 1

Well, I figured all was lost and was about to respawn. If it had of turned ugly, I'd just notch it up to another seminal DayZ experience!

That said, good advice, Lynx.

Edited by Frijoles

This is the email I sent to my wife this morning after I stayed home today. Which might be a good thing if I hallucinated the follwing:

Apologies... Message missing.

Edited by Shinquai

This is the email I sent to my wife this morning after I stayed home today. Which might be a good thing if I hallucinated the follwing:

Apologies... Message missing.

Second attempt: failure. Sorry again.

Edited by Shinquai

... basically I had someone turn up and give me all the items on the tool belt as well as a pair of NV goggles in addition to water bottles and matches as well as a motorbike and rifle as well as a sidearm. He had coloured smoke trailing behind him and circled me for a bit while I just stared in disbelief. Did manage to get a shot with my phone of the motorbike after the exchange, but that doesn't really prove anything other than I had a motorbike at some time or another.