Sign in to follow this  
iwhiteywood

will dayz work well on my non gaming laptop?

Please, no hate here :)

I have a shitty Toshiba Satellite A665 with RAM- 4.00GB, intel core i3, 2.40 GHz laptop i got a few months ago. I heard about this game and quickly fell in love with it, even before playing it lol. I've always been a console gamer but always knew PC was better but i could never afford a decent gaming PC. With this laptop ive been able to play some steam games like counterstrike, Gmod, TF2, and a few others and they play okay, but i know this game is bigger and i was curious if anyone would be kind enough to tell me if I would be able to play this amazing mod/game on my laptop.

Thank you, in advance.

You may be able to run the game but run and play are two different things.. Do a little research and see if you can build yourself something for cheap to run dayz and other games, I built this pc for 350 off of new egg. It plays dayz pretty well on normal graphics.

Arma 2 will not run well on ANY laptop. Maybe some newer gaming laptops would be able run it on super low graphic settings but it will be choppy and probably cause some heat from the internal 3d accellerator.

As far as I know. (my gaming laptop is older and arma 2 gives me about .5 frames per second)

I used to run Arma 2 CO on a pretty old gaming rig with a pentium 2 DUO extreme and a ATI 2900HD video card. So you should be able to put together a pretty cheap desktop that can run it. One of the main issues with laptops is putting more voltage through the CPU and GPU to process games like this faster creates more heat, and there isnt room for decent sized cooling in a laptop.

Edited by Frostback

Arma 2 will not run well on ANY laptop. Maybe some newer gaming laptops would be able run it on super low graphic settings but it will be choppy and probably cause some heat from the internal 3d accellerator.

As far as I know. (my gaming laptop is older and arma 2 gives me about .5 frames per second)

I used to run Arma 2 CO on a pretty old gaming rig with a pentium 2 DUO extreme and a ATI 2900HD video card. So you should be able to put together a pretty cheap desktop that can run it. One of the main issues with laptops is putting more voltage through the CPU and GPU to process games like this faster creates more heat, and there isnt room for decent sized cooling in a laptop.

My laptop can run arma 2/DayZ on high for a good amount of time with good FPS...I played it for like 8 hours the other day no problem :P

Incorrectamundo! My Toshiba Qosmio plays dayz on high settings with very good fps. Not sure where you got this idea.

My laptop can run arma 2/DayZ on high for a good amount of time with good FPS...I played it for like 8 hours the other day no problem :P

Sweet, didnt know, owned one laptop ever... an older acer with an ATI 3d card in it but it doesnt do too well.

Not sure where you got this idea.

Having an older "gaming" laptop... and knowing about voltage and heat in computers. Like I said, just as far as I know, which is dated. Only use laptops for work and research now, I build desktops for the gaming stuff.

Edited by Frostback

I can actually play dayz okay on my shitty laptop on lowest graphics. It can be a bit laggy, but playable imo.

Would an 3rd Gen i7, 8GB RAM, GTX 670M laptop play it well?

why are you even asking?

why are you even asking?

because hes a kid who went to a store and just let a retail salesperson sell him out of words and striaght to his credit card ?

I have no idea i tried it on my pc wich has no graphics card but plays games ok evry time i try to play i see black and white and colorful weird explosions?

If it helps my girlfriend and I both play on our laptops and the game runs well with mid to low graphics on both machines. Hers is an Acer with an Intel i3 2.1 ghz core and Intel HD 3000 video 124mb L3 video cache . Mine is a MacBook Pro running Windows 8 on Bootcamp with an Intel 2.3ghz i5 and Intel 3000 HD 356mb L3 cache.

Hope this helps.

If you have to use a laptop then consider getting an older Asus G73jh. They had the best video card for a laptop 2 years ago and an i7 processor and mine runs Arma 2 with no issues. I have seen them on ebay in the 600.00 range. But for 600.00 you could build a pretty good gaming desktop at this point.

It runs on mine. I have a Toshiba Satellite P750/15D Notebook and it runs with good FPS on normal settings with AA off. A mate of mine also runs his off of a laptop he has a HP.

Edited by Barnhawk

Probably not, it's quite CPU/GPU intensive. Download the Arma 2 Demo and try it

Don't rely on your ability to play Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA. My friend can play these games just fine but has tremendous lag while playing the mod itself.

Im runnning it on a hp pavilion dv 5 with a amd turion x2 (2.0ghz x2) with 3gb of ram and a ATI Radeon 3400 HD on Win 7 and at normal settings it runs smooth on any server below 300ms latency.

This laptop is over 5 years old and i just re did the thermal paste and had to buy a new battery and just upgraded this laptop to Win 7. Laptops Can run Day Z and so long as your PC is running win 7 id say go for it.

I disagree, I recently bought this laptop "Pavilion g7-1310us" and honestly it runs DayZ on normal perfectly fine, no choppiness, no lag, no nothing. On Ultra High graphics when I turn I get a blurred effect. :/

here are the specs I guess.

• 2nd generation Intel® Core? i3-2350M Processor
  • 6GB SDRAM RAM
  • 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
  • 17.3-Inch Screen, Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, 5 hours Battery Life

(this is not a "gaming" laptop in any means)

Edited by LT.Sacred

Please, no hate here :)

I have a shitty Toshiba Satellite A665 with RAM- 4.00GB, intel core i3, 2.40 GHz laptop i got a few months ago. I heard about this game and quickly fell in love with it, even before playing it lol. I've always been a console gamer but always knew PC was better but i could never afford a decent gaming PC. With this laptop ive been able to play some steam games like counterstrike, Gmod, TF2, and a few others and they play okay, but i know this game is bigger and i was curious if anyone would be kind enough to tell me if I would be able to play this amazing mod/game on my laptop.

Thank you, in advance.

Look up what graphics card or which integrated graphics controller you have in your laptop, then look up benchmarks for your hardware. Some people are getting away with Intel-HD graphics (integrated graphics, not a stand-alone graphics card) and running the game on low settings. I would assume that you could at least do the same.