Sign in to follow this  
I NEED HELP

Bad serial number given in setup

I just recently bought the game Arma 2 and downloaded the dayz mod, BUT every time i try to get on a server it loads for a secound and then a pop up comes up and says "Bad serial number given in setup." and i cant play. I REALLY need help becuase i really want to play this game. If anybody has had this happen to them and found the answer PLEASE TELL ME!

A quick search of these forums should reveal the solution.

In short though, you need to run Arma II on its own, to the main menu then exit, and then do the same for Operation Arrowhead, after that you should be fine.

The bad serial number at setup is caused due to the serial codes not being loaded into the system registry until you start Arma 2 & operation arrowhead at least once.

Edited by Mr Zee

Run Steam as administrator and then run the game agqin!

Nope doesnt work :(

I just recently bought the game Arma 2 and downloaded the dayz mod, BUT every time i try to get on a server it loads for a secound and then a pop up comes up and says "Bad serial number given in setup." and i cant play. I REALLY need help becuase i really want to play this game. If anybody has had this happen to them and found the answer PLEASE TELL ME!

I have the same problem, neither the base game or Arrowhead are working and are displaying this error.

Edited by DYLAN ALONE

Have you tried verifying the game data?

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

At step 6 it gives me an error : The Registry Editor cannot rename ArmA 2 OA. Error while renameing key

At step 6 it gives me an error : The Registry Editor cannot rename ArmA 2 OA. Error while renameing key

i wouldn't download any key changer if you have a valid steam key

if you right click on the Bohemia Interactive Studio folder and select permissions then press add and then add your windows user name and give yourself full control

delete the folder

start steam in admin mode (right click and run as administrator)

validate the game cache for arma2 and arma2 oa and run both to the menus

OK, I fixed this problem....what a bitch it was to, to figure it out...

Step 1: Go to Start>RUN

Step 2: Type "regedit" & hit enter

Step 3: Right click on "HKEY_Local_Machine" select find and search for "wow6432node"

Step 4: Right click on "wow6432node" select find and search for "Bohemia Interactive Studio"

Step 5: Expand the "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder and you will see "Arma 2" & "ArmA 2 OA" folders.

Step 6: Right click on the "ArmA 2 OA folder and rename to whatever, put a "1" at the end. Just so its different than what is originally was.

Step 7: Right click on "Bohemia Interactive Studio" folder Select New>Key

Step 8: Rename folder created to "ArmA 2 OA"

Step 9: Right click on the new folder created and select New>Binary Value

Step 10: Rename the new file created to "KEY"

Step 11: Download Key Changer at http:www.cng-concepts.net/files/arma2oa_keychanger.rar

Step 12: Run the .exe downloaded and enter your CD key with no dashes. You can find your Steam CD key by right clicking on ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead in the steam library>View CD key

Step 13: After you enter your CD key hit enter 2x, until it closes.

Congrats, your fixed....

hello!, when i try to change my key for arma 2 OA it gets an error and i cant do it even if i have full premission it say's i dont. and i can change whatever i whant in the arma 2 exept the OA folder. please reply c: