vector183

Regenerating blood

Yeah, regenerating all of your blood over a period of time twenty times longer than the average lifespan, SO BAD.

Yeah, regenerating all of your blood over a period of time twenty times longer than the average lifespan, SO BAD.

In a firefight - Survived with 3000 or less blood... Let's sit in a low PvP area and wait for it to all come back!

In a firefight - Survived with 3000 or less blood... Let's sit in a low PvP area and wait for it to all come back!

This isn't Battlefield. We aren't talking about getting full blood back in 5mins.

600 blood per hour seems pretty Legit. since steaks give 800 blood. I mean at least if you can regenerate a bit just by staying safe for a while would just be Fair.

No, this adds to the tension. I once broke my leg, killed the fucker who broke it and crawled for almost an hour to cherno, found some meds. Then got shot... :)

Keep blood as it is, is only annoying for people who either suck or dont plan ahead, it is so easy so kill a cow and get 8 meats and thats almost 8k blood, if it regened then finding a knife/matches/hatchet would be pointless

KEEP BLOOD AS IT IS!!!1

Edited by Victim

No, this adds to the tension. I once broke my leg, killed the fucker who broke it and crawled for almost an hour to cherno, found some meds. Then got shot... :)

Keep blood as it is, is only annoying for people who either suck or dont plan ahead, it is so easy so kill a cow and get 8 meats and thats almost 8k blood, if it regened then finding a knife/matches/hatchet would be pointless

KEEP BLOOD AS IT IS!!!1

The point that a lot of these posts made was that you DON'T get blood from eating, but rather that eating gives you blood over time. Thus it would actually make everything a lot harder. I know the OP post doesn't say this but I suggest reading the replies in this thread. I think this would be a great feature to implement.

It takes a while to naturally regain blood. Which is why you can donate only so much blood per year. Your plasma and platlets will fill up quickly, but it takes about a month for red cell counts to return to normal. So if blood regenration if ever implemented it should be very, very slowly. Like 1000k ever 30 days.

in dayz u cant go a day wihtout eating or drink but in rl u can so faster than rl blood regen would be normal

I agree with a lot of what people are saying. To add my two cents, maybe blood should only regenerate when your hunger and thirst are fulfilled (not red and blinking). Most of the time you're dead in 1 or 2 shots anyways so I don't think the whole run back to the forest to regenerate argument is valid. The only real benefit that is gained is in fighting the zombies and not other players...

Besides, I don't see whats wrong with the run back to the forest scenario, it is a rather realistic reaction. Bandits have to understand that sometimes people get away and if they do run into the forest and wait for their blood to regenerate - very slowly and conditionally of course - then that shouldn't be an issue. In a real post apocalyptic setting, if I were to injure myself my first thought wouldn't be to go hunt a boar or to find a stranger to do a blood transfusion... I would bandage up and run into the nearest safe spot (building, forest, etc.) and wait until I feel well enough to move on. If my understanding is correct that day z is supposed to be an immersive and realistic game, then blood regeneration should definitely be a feature.

Just my opinion, I think day z is amazing as it is and however the devs like to proceed I will still be playing (:

• Like 1

support it would be more realistic but they should use the food and drink meters if it is in red it may not regenerate.

Everytime you eat something you regenerate blood. Cooked meat will give you 1,000 blood and can goods give you like 100 i think.

just so you know its 800 blood for cooked meat and 200 for canned goods :beans: :D

it would be unrealistic if your blood won't regenerate

Edited by schockie

this is a great suggestion. it is insane that zombies do so much damage and their bleed usually does a few 1000 damage from a single zombie while you run away. then when you get below 8000 you have a chance of getting knocked out and its basically game over

Rocket is going the realism route so I have to agree. Blood should regenerate. If I go out and donate blood, that blood eventually is "regenerated" by my body. But, if it did, it should be pretty a slow regeneration. It's not like this game is hard or anything (seriously).

Edited by marik

kill animal, gut animal, take raw meat, cook raw meat, eat cooked meat, gain 800 blood, problem solved

do you have ANY idea how hard it is to find matches in this game???

i have played over 12hrs and several character lives, i have travelled half the right side of the map and its towns, and i have literally found matches ONCE

ONE time i found matches in a building, and i have only ever found them on another survivor (after murdering them) one time as well

matches are way too scarce in this game and there needs to be more of them around, i mean hunting knives are everywhere, so why do i need to play 30hrs to find some matches? seriously its ridiculous

more matches spawned or another way to light fires plz

Edited by ssjenforcer

It takes a while to naturally regain blood. Which is why you can donate only so much blood per year. Your plasma and platlets will fill up quickly, but it takes about a month for red cell counts to return to normal. So if blood regenration if ever implemented it should be very, very slowly. Like 1000k ever 30 days.

In reality a person can easily survive 3 days without water, and 20 days without food (if water is available, of course)

So reality is not grand issue in DayZ :)

do you have ANY idea how hard it is to find matches in this game???

i have played over 12hrs and several character lives, i have travelled half the right side of the map and its towns, and i have literally found matches ONCE

ONE time i found matches in a building, and i have only ever found them on another survivor (after murdering them) one time as well

matches are way too scarce in this game and there needs to be more of them around, i mean hunting knives are everywhere, so why do i need to play 30hrs to find some matches? seriously its ridiculous

more matches spawned or another way to light fires plz

Do you have any idea how easy it is to find matches in this game? I find one box 15 minutes into a character usually followed by 1-3 more boxes during the time I am looting general stores etc. If anything they should be more rare or there should be a chance for them to be destroyed in the rain.

I like the idea of regenerating blood when you have eaten/drunk something. It should regenerate 1000 blood slowly.

Nice idea, this should be built in DayZ.

kill animal, gut animal, take raw meat, cook raw meat, eat cooked meat, gain 800 blood, problem solved

Find hatchet, find matches, find hunting knife, find animals*

all of the stuff you need to cook meat is eaaaaaaaasy to get.... there's like >50% chance of matches and other useful stuff in supermarket - it should be the first place you go after spawning.

then checking a few industrial loot areas will get you hatchet and hunting knife in no time... they're the most common items to find there besides super-common stuff like flares, cans, drink etc.

i don't really like the idea of being able to lie prone in the grass and go from 200 blood up to >3000 again without doing ANYTHING. it removes the whole challenge of recovering from dropping to low blood levels and passing out all the time.

Edited by tarquinbb

agree, if rocket wants this mod to be realistic, then it should be like that.

i think its stupid to regain 800 blood from a steak, and 200 from a canned food.

and the fact that a player cant infuse blood to himself is also weird, because this is not much of a problem to infuse myself some blood on a situation like a zombie apocalypse.

and also to be more realistic, the blood SHOULD regain slowly by itself, without the need to find a player that can either kill you and take all your stuff, or be a noob without those darn blood bags.

i think they should add like a blood injector, similiar to the morphine injector, that will fill like 3-5k of blood.

good thing we can inject the morphine to our bodies, but the need of blood is bigger, so please consider this suggestion if you want the gameplay to be more realistic !

50% of my deaths are the need of blood, even though i had like 5 blood bags, they were useless.

and also the risk of being killed by a "player" that will infuse the blood to my body, its annoying.

Edited by DieseI

agree, if rocket wants this mod to be realistic, then it should be like that.

i think its stupid to regain 800 blood from a steak, and 200 from a canned food.

and the fact that a player cant infuse blood to himself is also weird, because this is not much of a problem to infuse myself some blood on a situation like a zombie apocalypse.

and also to be more realistic, the blood SHOULD regain slowly by itself, without the need to find a player that can either kill you and take all your stuff, or be a noob without those darn blood bags.

i think they should add like a blood injector, similiar to the morphine injector, that will fill like 3-5k of blood.

good thing we can inject the morphine to our bodies, but the need of blood is bigger, so please consider this suggestion if you want the gameplay to be more realistic !

50% of my deaths are the need of blood, even though i had like 5 blood bags, they were useless.

and also the risk of being killed by a "player" that will infuse the blood to my body, its annoying.

the act of regaining blood from food/meat is not to be realistic per se. you're taking it too literally.

if you have looooads of canned food it means that you're 'well off', if you have the ability to hunt/cook meat it means that you're almost living in luxury. therefore you'd be able to recover any wounds faster due to healthy living.

not being able to cook meat and thus not regenerate any blood is a good indicator that your survivor is a useless failure who's sh*t outta luck. ergo you failed and should not be able to 'get healthy' again by just going afk for a few hours then coming back every now and again to drink/eat your bin scraps.

if you want realism, then poor scavengers with low blood should not be able to regenerate for free.

Edited by tarquinbb

wow, not sure what magical paradise servers you people are playing on, matches are the most scarce item i NEVER find in this game.

wish i had all your luck