liamcz@hotmail.com

Arma 2 oa has stopped working - crash to desktop: FIXED!!

I am getting Battle Eye Initialization failed, and I cant play for 24 hours now. Is this what you were talking about? Also if I do what you said with the folders, will I lose all the gear for my character?

Tried and does not work. Still crashes to desktop via Steam and Six Updater gives me the cannot edit mission crap or failed to connect. Does not work at all!

EDIT: I just deleted the @Dayz folder, and then went to Six Launcher and pressed install, tried a game through Six Launcher and works... So far.

Tried it through Steam and it still crashes to desktop. I hope this gets fixed because I need my game to run through Steam, as I need and use the overlay on a big scale so best fix it soon!

Have you done what the Devs have posted to make the beta patch and Steam syncing?

Have you done what the Devs have posted to make the beta patch and Steam syncing?

can you put a link of their suggestions perchance?

When you get stuck at wait for host, it's a problem with the BattlEye files not communicating as they should with your beta patch. I'm guessing you are either running 94945 or 95054. Download these 2 files:

http://www.battleye....61/BEClient.dll

http://www.battleye....61/BEServer.dll

and put them into your arma 2 operation arrowhead/Expansion/BattlEye folder and replace the files already in there with the ones you just downloaded.

Damn right rammfisch, you got it working, if you ever need bait or someone to take a bullet for you in day-z let me know, be more than glad to.

Also little tip for everyone that gets "bad player name" launch arma OA and create a new profile, you don't lose your save it will just give you a new name and your gear and location will still be present with the new name.

If you guys would stop doing stupid shit that people tell you to do to your installation, you wouldn't be having these issues.

Coming back for an update: I can now play since the beta was updated, so it was just broken.

If you guys would stop doing stupid shit that people tell you to do to your installation, you wouldn't be having these issues.

dafuq are you talking about man, most of us have been playing previously and the sixupdater update jacked up a bunch of stuff.

I don't think that's the problem. I'd like to see the hypocrisy when you encounter a problem which you cannot solve and have to revert to other people for a solution. There is no need to insult people just because they have an error which is quite easily attained. Grow up.

I don't think that's the problem. I'd like to see the hypocrisy when you encounter a problem which you cannot solve and have to revert to other people for a solution. There is no need to insult people just because they have an error which is quite easily attained. Grow up.

Totally agree. Trolls must die.

• Like 1

HI Guys. Just want to inform you that i was away for a week and can now try to help you again if you have issues related to this topic

Whenever I try to run the patch file, I always get an error message saying this, "ArmA 2 OA has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If I try to run the normal game instead of the patch file, the game works. The only problem is that it's not updated.

I made a thread about it with a picture provided here: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/39434-arma-2-oa-has-encountered-a-problem-and-needs-to-close/

Any help would be appreciated.

Well, this is another problem and is not related to battleye. I'd recommend if you bought the steam version run Verifying Game Cache Files (GCF) and if not deinstall the beta completely once again and reinstall afterwards following this guide by Rammfisch and me. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/32290-arma-2-oa-has-stopped-working-crash-to-desktop-fixed/page__st__40

I did everything but it wasnt untill this last part.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye and delete the BattlEye.dll in it!

That it finnaly worked.

Thanks

I'm running xp and I do not have a "users" folder in my C: drive so is there another path for xp users? I've been having the same problems as the original poster with no joy...I've tried everything in this thread except deleting that .dll that I can't find. Any help on how I can find it?

AMD quad core

560 GTX

3 GB RAM

XP Pro

Arma II CO retail up to date

BULL-FREAKING-HORSESHIT

I played 20 mins ago DayZ on the Server, suddenly i get and FPS of 10...

WTF, before this happend i played on very high with an constant FPS of 60 -.-

Now i installed the newest Beta of Arma 2:OA 95248.

Doesnt helped, Battleeye uninstalled an reinstalled doesn't helped...

I'm so pissed right now, cuz its my last evening to play with my Buddies before i leave the country and go to Poland for 2 weeks...

It's really frustrating right now.

BULL-FREAKING-HORSESHIT

I played 20 mins ago DayZ on the Server, suddenly i get and FPS of 10...

WTF, before this happend i played on very high with an constant FPS of 60 -.-

Now i installed the newest Beta of Arma 2:OA 95248.

Doesnt helped, Battleeye uninstalled an reinstalled doesn't helped...

I'm so pissed right now, cuz its my last evening to play with my Buddies before i leave the country and go to Poland for 2 weeks...

It's really frustrating right now.

Poland. My home country ;) Enjoy. And no idea how to fix your problem. I've seen ths around a bit. And I'm about to say what you dread.... Update your drivers ;)

Hey. I see no activity here so I have no idea if anybody can help?

Well I found out about DayZ, Ive been trying to play it for 4h hours and still nothing. Im trying to follow these Rammfisch's steps but I must say Im a bit confused. I mean now we have new patches and new version and it makes me totally lost. Is there any new solution? Or a new way to fix the problem by using new patches? (Im on 1.62 version with newest patch 99153.

Beg for help! I really want to play!

Hey. I see no activity here so I have no idea if anybody can help?

Well I found out about DayZ, Ive been trying to play it for 4h hours and still nothing. Im trying to follow these Rammfisch's steps but I must say Im a bit confused. I mean now we have new patches and new version and it makes me totally lost. Is there any new solution? Or a new way to fix the problem by using new patches? (Im on 1.62 version with newest patch 99153.

Beg for help! I really want to play!

Download Six Updater and update all your files through that. It'll get rid of this hassle quite quickly. If you're still having trouble, send me a PM and I'll talk you through it. No point rising an old post from the grave :P

• Like 1

I was using DayZ commander and now, with Six Updater it really works. Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Hey can you add me on skype

redley87

im having some trouble and would greatly appreciate some teamveiwer help thanks.

• Like 1

OLD MEMBER RETURNING:D) As far as i know, this problem has been fixed looooong ago redley. Maybe make sure everythings updated?

Oh and Rammfisch thanks again even though it's been ages since you helped me :P

• Like 1

I'Ve got a problem, if this thread is stil lactive :P. When I join a game (no matter whether Origins, DayZ Chernarus, Namalsk or other DayZ Chernarus versions as e.g. TiMz) some seconds after the join I get "DayZDumbass is losing connection" and then kicked by Battleye Client not responding. Don't have any problems with my Internet. Playing BF3, CoD any many other games too without any DC's. It's a DayZ problem... Almost tried everyhting. Reinstalling Arma 2, OA, Battleye manually or per .exe, disabled firewall, opening ports, set MTU to 1500 (this solved my signature check timed out problem :D) and many other things. DayZ works normally on my Laptop in same Internet (on same Router). Any ideas?

Please please help, i wanna play DayZ normally again!

DayZDumbass

None of this worked for me either tho I I downloaded my game direct from ArmA.

I can not do half the steps because every time I try to start up an arma game I have the same crash issues.