liamcz@hotmail.com

Arma 2 oa has stopped working - crash to desktop: FIXED!!

I connect to the server. Click play/join whatever, it loads. After the load completes. It crashes.

Also crashes withpatch 94700

Follow the steps through again, carefully. If it doesn't work again I'll skype you and we can use teamviewer if you wish.

Couldn't get it to work but then the Op helped me in teamviewer and skype and now it works.

Thanks alot and sorry for the trouble

• Like 1

Couldn't get it to work but then the Op helped me in teamviewer and skype and now it works.

Thanks alot and sorry for the trouble

No problem :) Enjoy playing! :D

• Like 1

Hi Rammfisch!

Thank you so much. It was THE solution working. I really thought i will get crazy because i didn't manage to get it working.

Edit: If it isnt working for you (i got the steam version) Additional i think you have to remove a battleye file located in User\Appda\Local\Arma2\BattlEye

I cannot really confirm it, but what i can confirm that the file i deleted was 100kb and the new one created after using Rammfisch's fix was 93kb. So if it does not work for you try it out

(Sorry english is not my native language ^_^)

Have a nice day!

Spirtreader

:D

THIS WAS MY PROBLEM! Thank you Spirit Reader and Rammfisch. Spent a whole day trying to get it to work and can now finally play.

• Like 2

Thank you for your hard trial&error trying to find out w/e the devs fucked up this time around..

Thanks to you I can play again, but now BattlEye seems to have gone on a drunken frenzy, doesn't want to update and so I can play for a minute before it kicks me off of a server. -_-

I am still getting this error as well. I followed the instructions explicitly. It goes to the loading screen with the tanks, goes to about 80% on the loading bar at the bottom then crashes out to the desktop.

so i just go and validate steam installation and it comes up with 3 files missing, redownloaded them after deleting all dayz related stuff, hit play works fine, then re do all the dayz files and comes back as 3d graphical error again. validate files again and AGAIN 3 files missing, so wtf is going on. im not a pc noob by any means but none of my issues make any sense

just tried it with no dayz but just the beta patch and that seems to be the issue causing the 3d error

Edited by kruxed

i keep crashing even after doing that. funny because last nigth was fine and today doesnt work

i keep crashing even after doing that. funny because last nigth was fine and today doesnt work

Yes. This exactly. Even regular OA crashes at the same point.

Thank you for your hard trial&error trying to find out w/e the devs fucked up this time around..

Thanks to you I can play again, but now BattlEye seems to have gone on a drunken frenzy, doesn't want to update and so I can play for a minute before it kicks me off of a server. -_-

If you uninstall, then reinstall BattlEye and then joing a regular sever (not DayZ) your BattlEye files should update.

I'll get back to the rest of these problems tomorrow. 5:30 in the morning here :P Good luck, all. Thanks for all the support.

To assist Rammfisch a little bit while he'll sleep:

First of all: Sorry that it took so long for me to respond, it took some time to write this all down! And please remember that it is a very long, but clearly structured post and if everything will work, you normally should be able to play DayZ again. (i do not guarantee anything though)

I provide more possible solutions (this includes what I did to get working [remember that i sticked to Rammfisch very very closely!])

If you have any problems

Read this first and read it entirely before doing anything. I can tell you in advance. it MAY not work. On the other hand it may work. So i would recommend trying it! ;)

My suggestion is to start the procedure provided by Rammfisch again, but i will change it a little bit.

You do the following steps:

Quote by Rammfisch:
- Go to your arma 2 oa folder > open Expansion > open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe
- Go to your arma 2 folder > open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe (if it isn't there, don't worry about it)

Even if you've deinstalled BattlEye, sometimes its still present in the system. Go to the control panel -> software and remove any BattlEye related entries (they start with battleye *cpt. obvious*)

Right after that go ahead with this:

Start the regular OA without beta (i got Arma 2 OA v1.60.8xxxx.) If this is the same you can go ahead. If not, make sure you have a full version patch not a beta patch! (for those who didn't know yet Version number is located at the bottom right of your screen if you are seeing the main menu)

After this start the beta which does currently not work for you (without battleye of course because you did the steps posted in the code above) and try to join a server with battleye enabled which you are sure it has battleye enabled. You should be able to get in the lobby in some cases. Even if Rammfisch mentioned that you should not be able to get into a lobby it did not affect my result: being able to join into DayZ again.

Then close it.

Now continue with the following step:

Quote by Rammfisch:
- [...] go back into your arma 2 oa folder > Expansion and delete the beta.

Install beta patch 94700 if you have 1.60.8xxxx and if 1.61.xxxxx is present find a version which includes a "on install" Battleye. Install BattlEye as soon as the installer for it pops up. If it doesnt, you've done something wrong i guess.

If everything went fine, go ahead!

Else if you get stuck, to be honest. I do not know what to do then... Recommending Arma 2 reinstall would be the first suggestion.

After having battleye installed, go into OA Main folder -> extensions and COPY the battleye folder.

Then PASTE it in the OA Main folder!

Check again if its present at both locations.

Then do this step:

Quote by Rammfisch:
- Go into your arma 2 folder > go into BEsetup and run the .exe (If it isnt there you needn't to install it)

Now start Arma 2 OA/CO (CO if you have Direct 3D error or sth like this) and join a server which does NOT have:

- BattlEye enabled

- Any mods (including DayZ) enabled

To make sure that battleye is disabled, go to filter and set "battleye required" to NO.

Then click on a server having a green icon and make sure it really does not have BattlEye enabled (its listed in the descriptions below the server browser. Btw it is not the crossed out BE icon which represents your filter settings, it is a text information)

Some may refuse to be joined because of "Waiting for Host" or "Logging in" Just try to find another one with a green icon and join it until you find one.

NORMALLY it now should work and you arma 2 OA/CO should not crash!

(If so, i really would recommend reinstalling you arma 2 because its very likely that sth. is wrong with you entire game, not only with DayZ. [this is an assumption im making but i do not believe it is fixable then. Just reinstall entire Arma 2 and use SixLauncher to add DayZ )

Congratulations if it works!

You are one step closer to a working DayZ.

Install beta patch 94876 (if having 94700 installed no battleye message will show up).

Now open this path (only for Win Vista/7) C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye and delete the BattlEye.dll in it!

So now there is only one thing to do

Launch Arma 2 with DayZ (I did not test this though)

or (this worked for me!!):

Open Sixlauncher if you installed it and press update.

After completing this you should be able to play DayZ again.

A very nice day / nice evening to all you guys out there.

Spiriteader

Edited by Spiritreader
  • Like 3

I have done a complete uninstall/reinstall from the ground up and I still have the exact same problem in the exact same place in the load screen. It worked fine last night. I am at a total loss as to what to do.

Registered to come in this thread and thank you. Been going through alot of pain the last two days trying to fix this error.

What finally fixed it for me was...

Now open this path (only for Win Vista/7) C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\BattlEye and delete the BattlEye.dll in it!

I tried everything before this and was still crashing. Deleting this file made the game work for me again (after going through the other steps too but I had done those numerous times).

You probably can't manually direct to the folder so you will have to paste the location into explorer and edit your username. I hope this helps!

So THANKS. And to anyone still having problems make sure you completed that step.

Many of my friends, and a lot of other people on the forums have been having this issue, when you go to join a game and once it gets passed the tank loading screen it crashes. I tried for about 4 hours to fix this, as many different ways I possibly could. I finally found a solution.

First: Navigate to your "arma 2 operation arrowhead/Expansion/BattlEye" folder. Following this, run the uninstall.exe

Now the folder should be deleted. Go back to the "Expansion" folder and delete the "beta" folder.

once this is done, go to your arma 2 folder and uninstall BattlEye here too. This is found in arma 2/BattlEye.

Once you have deleted your beta folder and uninstalled both BattlEye's in arma 2 and arma 2 operation arrowhead, download the latest beta patch (however I think it's a little shifty at the moment, so 94876 will do). Now run the Beta .exe and it should stop at 3% and ask you to install BattleEye - do so. Once BattleEye is installed, complete the installation of the beta patch and you're ready to go!

Good luck!

**EDIT**

Go to your arma 2 oa folder > open Expansion > open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe

Go to your arma 2 folder > open BattlEye and run the uninstall.exe (if it isn't there, don't worry about it)

Run the game with (the beta should still be installed - doesn't matter what one)

Try to join a server - you should get stuck at either Loading or Wait for Host - this is normal

Close the game and go back into your arma 2 oa folder > Expansion and delete the beta.

Download and install beta patch 94700

It will ask you to install BattleEye, do so.

Go into your arma 2 folder > go into BEsetup and run the .exe

Go back into your arma 2 oa folder > Expansion> beta and copy the BattleEye folder (DO NOT CUT OR DELETE IT - YOU ARE MAKING TWO COPY'S OF IT).

Paste the BattleEye folder in the main arma 2 oa directory.

Open arma 2 oa and join a NORMAL arma game. Any will do, as long as it is NOT DayZ and it has BattlEye active.

Once in, abort and close the game.

Download and install beta patch 94876 and install it.

Open arma 2 oa and join a DayZ game.

Hi Rammfisch!

Thank you so much. It was THE solution working. I really thought i will get crazy because i didn't manage to get it working.

Edit: If it isnt working for you (i got the steam version) Additional i think you have to remove a battleye file located in User\Appda\Local\Arma2\BattlEye

I cannot really confirm it, but what i can confirm that the file i deleted was 100kb and the new one created after using Rammfisch's fix was 93kb. So if it does not work for you try it out

(Sorry english is not my native language ^_^)

Have a nice day!

Spirtreader

:D

First I tried Ramm's steps above, still no luck. Then I tried to combine Spirit's step but still I got kicked regularly due to BattlEye: Client not Responding. Hope the next patch to fix this will go out soon.

If everything went fine, go ahead!

Else if you get stuck, to be honest. I do not know what to do then... Recommending Arma 2 reinstall would be the first suggestion.

Spiriteader

You sound like a fellow coder with your If's Then's and Else's ;)

• Like 1

I tried everything before this and was still crashing. Deleting this file made the game work for me again (after going through the other steps too but I had done those numerous times).

You probably can't manually direct to the folder so you will have to paste the location into explorer and edit your username. I hope this helps!

So THANKS. And to anyone still having problems make sure you completed that step.

The other steps are basically to make sure that BattlEye is properly installed (its very likely that sth messed up and then the AppData Battleye file updates wrong everytime you delete it) and Arma 2 works in it's as it is final patch state.

I'm 95% sure that the file located in Appdata has something to do with the crashes since it's replaced everytime you join a server

You sound like a fellow coder with your If's Then's and Else's ;)

Well, im not but i used to script some batch files to make copy operations easier.

To be honest, i really thought a little bit about using this that if someone has a problem at a certain step he knows what is wrong.

And secondly, its caused due to a lack of synonyms :P

Edit:

First I tried Ramm's steps above, still no luck. Then I tried to combine Spirit's step but still I got kicked regularly due to BattlEye: Client not Responding. Hope the next patch to fix this will go out soon.

But you fixed the "Arma 2 has stopped working" issue. The only issue you are having now is Battleye. I would recommend retrying Rammfischs guide with my "enhancements" to it. Just scroll up a little bit.

With Reinstalling BattlEye completely i think you should get BattlEye working again

Edited by Spiritreader

The other steps are basically to make sure that BattlEye is properly installed (its very likely that sth messed up and then the AppData Battleye file updates wrong everytime you delete it) and Arma 2 works in it's as it is final patch state.

I'm 95% sure that the file located in Appdata has something to do with the crashes since it's replaced everytime you join a server

Well, im not but i used to script some batch files to make copy operations easier.

To be honest, i really thought a little bit about using this that if someone has a problem at a certain step he knows what is wrong.

And secondly, its caused due to a lack of synonyms :P

Edit:

But you fixed the "Arma 2 has stopped working" issue. The only issue you are having now is Battleye. I would recommend retrying Rammfischs guide with my "enhancements" to it. Just scroll up a little bit.

With Reinstalling BattlEye completely i think you should get BattlEye working again

Ok, I''ve deleted my local files and re-installing ArmA II OA. I'll then re-do your and Ramm's posted steps above. Hope this will fix the stupid error which makes me on rage mode. :(

Thank you very much Spiritreader. I've spent 6 hours this evening trying to nail down the issues I've been having and your walk-through successfully had me into DayZ. Cheers mate