Sign in to follow this  
crashchaser

rough map.

how about when you start the game you hav a rough map over the island,like only the big city´s are on it and you should of course be able to see where you are on the map or something,then the more you discover the more the map fill out

tho still in a rough form like roads and stuff,then when you come to a city village or whatever then you could write on the map yourself whatever comment you want,now on the rough map since theres nothing on it except for big city´s you would be able to actually see where you are on it,then when you find a detailed map like the one ingame ,you hav to deside if you want the rough map where you can see where you are,or you want the detailed map where you cant see where you are...

hope this makes any sence,english aint my first langue,but anyways just an idea take it or leave....

Depending on server settings (I think) if you find the compass, as well as the current in-game map - It shows your position and heading on the map. I think this is fine and all that is needed - gives the compass the value it deserves...

I like being able to use real-world techniques such as using your watch to find north, really adds to the survival aspect of the game.

Edited by uberwolfe

well as you say use real-world techniques, this is used in real world i belive the millitary calls it a patrolmap where they only put down stuff that makes sence to the person writeing it but as said just an idea cause not all knows how to use use real-world techniques,and yes i know go learn then lol...

I think no map should show your location, unless you have a GPS. I know it's like that on some difficulty levels, but it should be global. GPS should be rare (more rare than maps curetly are) residential loot and common military loot (Common on atc towers, barracks and the like, still rare on tents and fire stations)

Edited by Panque