#1 Stinky

Stinky

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDebug Forest.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

So I was wondering what are the best settings? I have the x264 and Lagarith Lossless Codec and was wondering what is better (Quality, don't care about Quantity) Settings.

#2 cicala

cicala

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:03 PM

Well let's hope your CPU is good for gaming and recording, but in video settings make sure Lagarith is set, then go into the options for Lagarith and make sure multithreading is enabled and make sure YUY2 is selected not RGB... (trust me you cannot tell difference in qualities, RGB is way slower though.)

Hope this helps.

edit: if you have the computer to run this game flawlessly but can't be bothered to upload 1080p vids (if thats what you want to do) you can play the game at 1080p, but record at 720p, by changing the scaling option on the bottom right by size and input 1280 width and 720 height. This will allow you to play 1080p while recording to a high quality 720p video.

Edited by cicala, 14 July 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#3 Stinky

Stinky

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationDebug Forest.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Well let's hope your CPU is good for gaming and recording, but in video settings make sure Lagarith is set, then go into the options for Lagarith and make sure multithreading is enabled and make sure YUY2 is selected not RGB... (trust me you cannot tell difference in qualities, RGB is way slower though.)

Hope this helps.

edit: if you have the computer to run this game flawlessly but can't be bothered to upload 1080p vids (if thats what you want to do) you can play the game at 1080p, but record at 720p, by changing the scaling option on the bottom right by size and input 1280 width and 720 height. This will allow you to play 1080p while recording to a high quality 720p video.

What about YV12? Is YU12 better?

#4 cicala

cicala

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:57 AM

What about YV12? Is YU12 better?

They are both fairly similar in terms of video quality, maybe the colour palette is different, either one is good though, I have used both myself. Just give either one a go and see how it is :)